T Nation

Good Article on Israel and Gaza

http://www.truthout.org/docs_2006/070606J.shtml

Couple of quibbles with this (the amount of corruption in the PA post-Oslo was enormous, and stifled economic growth), but he sums up the history and present of Gaza very well.

I didn’t see any mention of the many missles that have been fired every single day from Gaza at Israel starting as soon as the Israelis withdrew.

The kidnapping of the soldier was merely an excuse. The Israelis invaded Gaza because it is a hotbed of terrorism.

I found the article extremely one sided and not at all a good review of what is happening.

Israel is not clean on the Gaza situation either.

Lets not forget that Israel was born through terrorism. Terrorism from the Jews against the people living in Palestine.

[quote]Wreckless wrote:
Lets not forget that Israel was born through terrorism. Terrorism from the Jews against the people living in Palestine.[/quote]

I’ve gotta hear this, please elaborate.

About 100 years ago, virtually no Jews lived in that area. The Palestines lived theie, and they called the land Palestine.

The Jews turned up there between WWI & II and there was a large influx immediatly after WWII.
This caused a lot of tension with the original inhabitants.
The land was a protectorate of the UK and the Jews formed guerilla groups taking on the Brittish army and driving out the Palestines.
Eventually the UK withdrew and Israel was founded.
Since then, they have been “defending” themselves so succesfully they have managed to conques more and more land.

But the Palestines are the ruthless terrorists of course. At least, that’s what the US says, because every US politician is held hostage by the Jewish lobby.

I’m surprised you didn’t know that. Don’t they teach history where you live?

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
I didn’t see any mention of the many missles that have been fired every single day from Gaza at Israel starting as soon as the Israelis withdrew.

The kidnapping of the soldier was merely an excuse. The Israelis invaded Gaza because it is a hotbed of terrorism.

I found the article extremely one sided and not at all a good review of what is happening.

Israel is not clean on the Gaza situation either.
[/quote]

The misslles were mentioned twice. Perhaps you didn’t read the article because you were to busy?
You have been known to show great powers of mind and comprehend an article without actually reading it before.

[quote]Wreckless wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
I didn’t see any mention of the many missles that have been fired every single day from Gaza at Israel starting as soon as the Israelis withdrew.

The kidnapping of the soldier was merely an excuse. The Israelis invaded Gaza because it is a hotbed of terrorism.

I found the article extremely one sided and not at all a good review of what is happening.

Israel is not clean on the Gaza situation either.

The misslles were mentioned twice. Perhaps you didn’t read the article because you were to busy?
You have been known to show great powers of mind and comprehend an article without actually reading it before.[/quote]

I believe the missles mentioned were the ones fired after Israel retook Gaza, not the multiple daily missles fired from Gaza before this latest incursion.

Your reading comprehension really sucks.

So quickly to accuse others.

You didn’t give the article a good read, you didn’t notice the missiles were mentioned, so know you make this extra-subtle distinction between the missiles fired before and after the Gaza occupation.

So quickly to accuse others, but we know it’s your reading comprehension that treally sucks, don’t we?

Interesting.

But do you really expect a fair and balanced article on Gaza from the president of the Arab American Institute?

That’s like asking David Duke for a history lesson on the Holocaust or asking Louis Farrakhan for a lecture about the Civil War. Of course you’re going to get a clearly biased opinion.

This is nothing less than that.

The below site decribes a much better image of the Palestinian Economy.

http://www.met.gov.ps/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabindex=3&tabid=8&lng=1

And here is an iteresting article supporting the use of retaliotory force against Palestine.

http://www.ajc.org/site/apps/nl/content2.asp?c=ijITI2PHKoG&b=849241&ct=2709681

Wreckless, I would be interested to hear your ideas of a realistic solution to the Middle East issues. You must have one.

Problem Solver=one who identifies problems and submits/implements plans that resolve them

Whiner=one who complains about problems, but is without ideas or lacking action

Which one are you?

[quote]Patrick Williams wrote:

Wreckless, I would be interested to hear your ideas of a realistic solution to the Middle East issues. You must have one.

[/quote]

I’m not Wreckless, but I’ll answer this one.

A)Cut all monetary aid to Israel immediately.

B)As soon as possible, like tomorrow, begin a slow withdrawl of U.S. troop out of Iraq.

C)Let those living in the middle east figure out their own damn problems.

Dustin

[quote]Wreckless wrote:
So quickly to accuse others.

You didn’t give the article a good read, you didn’t notice the missiles were mentioned, so know you make this extra-subtle distinction between the missiles fired before and after the Gaza occupation.

So quickly to accuse others, but we know it’s your reading comprehension that treally sucks, don’t we?[/quote]

Zap Branigan wrote:
I didn’t see any mention of the many missles that have been fired every single day from Gaza at Israel starting as soon as the Israelis withdrew.

As you can see I said it in my first post.

Stick to Dutch. Your English sucks.

It is no fun trying to have a discussion with you because you show zero comprehension.

[quote]Patrick Williams wrote:
Interesting.

But do you really expect a fair and balanced article on Gaza from the president of the Arab American Institute?

That’s like asking David Duke for a history lesson on the Holocaust or asking Louis Farrakhan for a lecture about the Civil War. Of course you’re going to get a clearly biased opinion.
[/quote]

Equating the Arab American Institute with the two most notorious domestic racist leaders of the last decade is a little bit over the top, to say the least.

So wait, the Arab American Institute is akin to David Duke and Louis Farrakhan, but the American Jewish Committee is unbiased and should be listened to? I’m confused.

Speaking of bias – did anyone realize that Israel had kidnapped 1/3 of the Palestinian parliament? Probably not…

Whitewashing a criminal government: US press buries Israeli kidnapping of Palestinian parliament
It’s bad enough that the Israeli government went and seized as political prisoners, essentially as hostages, 87 Hamas members of the Palestine Authority (PA) parliament yesterday, including eight cabinet ministers. Once again, Israel has demonstrated its contempt for virtually every known code of conduct honored by civilized (and, usually, even by uncivilized) governments around the globe.

But what was even more appalling was the response of American media, which didn’t think the kidnapping of a third of the government of a supposedly sovereign state authority was all that significant…
http://www.choicechanges.com/print.php?sid=634&MDPROSID=feaa092779e1901909649a4dda501ace

AG refuses to ok use of Hamas officials as ‘bargaining chips’
6/30/2006
The detention of Hamas parliamentarians in the early hours of Thursday morning had been planned several weeks ago and received approval from Mazuz on Wednesday. The same day, Shin Bet Director Yuval Diskin presented Prime Minister Ehud Olmert with the list of Hamas officials slated for detention…
http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/732528.html

“The detention of Hamas parliamentarians in the early hours of Thursday morning had been planned several weeks ago”

As in, BEFORE the Israeli soldier was taken prisoner.

Now THAT is bias.

JTF, this has been reported everyday. How can you claim it is being whitewashed?

The Hamas Parliment is Israels declared enemy of course they had plans for dealing with them.

It is obvious Israel was preparing for this incursion for a while. Gaza has been a hotbed of terrorism. They would have been fools not to have plans in place.

Go back to denying the Holocaust.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:

Go back to denying the Holocaust.

[/quote]

Typical. Just another example that the “chosen people” are off limits to criticism.

Dustin

[quote]Dustin wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:

Go back to denying the Holocaust.

Typical. Just another example that the “chosen people” are off limits to criticism.

Dustin

[/quote]

Where the fuck did I say that?

In this very thread I said:

“Israel is not clean on the Gaza situation either.”

With virtually every post JTF blames the Jews for all the ills in the world and has tried to minimize or deny the Holocaust many times.

I reserve comments like that for the most odious members of our board. I certainly hope you do not fall into the same category as JTF.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:

I reserve comments like that for the most odious members of our board. I certainly hope you do not fall into the same category as JTF.

[/quote]

My apologies, but the Holocuast remark and the like, is usually made when Israel is criticised.

My visits to this site are sometimes sporadic, so I have little knowledge of what JTT has said in the past.

Dustin

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:

I reserve comments like that for the most odious members of our board. I certainly hope you do not fall into the same category as JTF.

[/quote]

My apologies, but the Holocuast remark and the like, is usually made when Israel is criticised.

My visits to this site are sometimes sporadic, so I have little knowledge of what JTF has said in the past.

Dustin

[quote]Dustin wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:

I reserve comments like that for the most odious members of our board. I certainly hope you do not fall into the same category as JTF.

My apologies, but the Holocuast remark and the like, is usually made when Israel is criticised.

My visits to this site are sometimes sporadic, so I have little knowledge of what JTT has said in the past.

Dustin[/quote]

No problem.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Dustin wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:

Go back to denying the Holocaust.

Typical. Just another example that the “chosen people” are off limits to criticism.

Dustin

Where the fuck did I say that?

In this very thread I said:

“Israel is not clean on the Gaza situation either.”[/quote]

Easy with the criticism there big fella – “Israel is not clean on the Gaza situation”, but then again Palestine is full of terrorists…

Notice how little time it took for you to get around to “Jew hater”, Holocaust denier" – one stinkin’ post. YOU are the first person to bring up the word JEW. I’ll bet we could criticize Italians and Catholics all day long though – and do you think all Italians are Catholic?

I criticize Israel because THEY are the ones operating the largest spy network ever discovered in the US, THEY are the ones selling OUR advanced military technology to China, THEY are the ones lobbying and influencing our congress to push foreign policy NOT in OUR interest, THEY are the fifth largest weapons exporter in the world claiming to be the victim of a country armed mostly with rocks… ISRAEL, not France, not Poland or Canada.

Through Feith’s “Office of Special Plans”, Israel’s undo influence and manipulated intelligence got us into a never ending war in Iraq – this is PURE, unadulterated FACT.

To you it’s a MYTH perpetuated by “Jew haters” and “Holocaust deniers”.

What’s wrong with the “reason and logic” category?