Gone Too Far? Vision Problems

Hi.

Today, I’ve been to the gym. Nothing special, but I don’t know if I overtrained.

Let me explain. I was going through my workout very well, and while doing the shoulders, I looked at my watch, and everything was kind of flashy. I don’t know how to explain it, I had difficulty to read my watch because my vision was kind of flashing, I don’t know. I was feeling fine, but I could barely read stuff.

I kept going and it became worse. After the training, it was better, but now I have a little headache.

Is it overtraining, or something else that has nothing to do with this?

This is not over training, you just had an off
day.

I don’t really have any advice but it is NOT overtraining. Just thinking off the top of my head quickly, any possibility of dehydration?

Wouldn’t worry about it if this is the first time it has happened- unless it persists.

Ok, thank you. I’ve been drinking quite à lot, but this work out was especially exhausting, so I’m happy to know that I won’t have to lower my training’s intensity.

This happens to a number of people. Blurred vision, dizziness, nausea, etc. It passes in time, right? Its not like your vision gets worse everyday. Just train hard, don’t look at your watch :slight_smile:

Happens to me too.

Yeah, I’m totally fine now. It’s just that I didn’t know what it was.

And if I looked at my watch, it’s because I was calculating my rest time. :slight_smile:

You may have had what is called an ocular migraine. Many people report them being brought on by working out. I have had a few and my dr. says they are benign. If you google it - symptoms include pain, hence ther term migraine. Mine are never painful, but I do have blurred and “roiled” vision. Once it burst a blood vessel and the entire eye was filled w/ blood. Ew. Wish it had happened at Halloween sigh

My vision gets blurry every time I work out.

when this rarely happens to me the first thoughts that come to mind are

1. dehydration
  2. not breathing regularly
  3. not enough sleep

Well, I felt a little pain in my head. I suppose that it is that. It really was a strange feeling.