T Nation

Gonadostat Set Point

Hi, I've been lurking for a couple of years and this is my first post.  I've googled the heck out of this trying to find anything of value without any success.  I'm curious if anyone is aware of ways to alter the gonadostat set point?  I'm sure you're well aware of how SERMs (like clomid) work on the hypothalamus, tricking the hypothalamus into thinking there's not enough estrogen and hence you have an increase in the LH surge.

In theory, the set point of the hypothalamus stays the same (i.e. test to estrogen is increased to the point that the hypothalamus thinks it's achieved it's pre-determine set point).  My question is different.  Are there chemicals, supps, pro-whatevers, that are suspected to actually increase the gonadostat set point (i.e. something that would actually desensitize the hypothalomus' negative feedback outside of SERMs, similar in action of pre-puberty to puberty for males)?

I've read research papers that seem to suggest that the gonadostat set point is a major contributor to decreasing androgens as males age.  And this is something I'm trying to learn more about.

Many thanks!

And a complete fail on all the Ã?'s, sorry. What can I say… I’m a noob.