Gonadorelin Acetate Experiences, Outcomes & Dosage?

Greetings! I am having a very difficult time getting clear information on the functional use and efficacy of gonadorelin acetate for sex hormone production.

The more I read about application the more I move closer to daily injections.
0.14ml of 0.2mg every day. I’m my own guinea pig.

Is the half life of GA that important in regards to it being metabolized and the impact it has on the pituitary and FSH/LH?

Does anyone have first hand experience or legitimate second hand knowledge of wether this work well?

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

@dbossa I recently discovered your channel and plan on doing some digging in. Highly interesting.

I was hoping that you might have some input here.

Thanks in advance for anything! Cheers!

I have heard of it but am unfamiliar with it and don’t know anyone using it. Sorry.

No worries! I appreciate the reply! Hopefully I’ll have some news to report in a couple weeks!

How/why are you planning to use it? With or without TRT? There may be better options depending on your answer.

From the little knowledge I have of it, it can be used to shut down our hpta axis via desensitization if you arent careful, so dosing protocol, especially frequency appears to be important to consider.

Hello! Using for fertility. Using it in small frequent doses with TRT.

0.14ml of 0.2mg every day.

Kisspeptin-10 may offer the same value with additional benefits and less side effects; specifically no desensitization over time.

I’ll give it a glance. Do you any personal experience with this?

My understanding of this particular GnRH analog is that it is not long-lasting and will not cause down regulation (desensitization) of GnRH receptors on the pituitary. That’s the good news.

The bad news is that, like GnRH, it has a very short half life. From what I’ve seen <10 minutes (probably closer to 5 minutes). This means that one administration of drug will elicit a single LH/FSH pulse and that’s it. LH and FSH also have short half lives in the body (at least compared to steroid hormones). The half life of LH is approximately 20 minutes. I don’t recall the half life of FSH off hand, but I know is a bit longer.

So what does this mean? It means that if you are looking for any meaningful affect on testosterone secretion, you will need to pulse the synthetic hormone in similarly to that of natural production. The difference being that with synthetic GnRH, you can increase the dose to a certain extent and elicit larger pulse of LH/FSH. This means that pulsing frequency does not need to be an exact replicate of natural production and pulsation (which mostly occurs at night during REM sleep anyway).

In my graduate research (many many years ago), I used synthetic GnRH to replicate the pulsitile LH patterns in anestrus animals that I previously measured in animals leading up to estrus and ovulation. By replicating these hormonal patterns, I was able to induce estrus with ovulation in previously anestrus animals. To do this, I need to have an infusion pump custom constructed for my project (unlike today where they are commercially available). The BIG difference in my research an using synthetic GnRH analogs to support LH production is that you can increase the dose of the analogs and elicit larger LH pulses that will have a longer biological effectiveness half-life. This will mean fewer applications of the drug (injections).

Another difference is that now there are nasal sprays available to eliminate the need for pulsatile infusion pumps. Still, I can’t imagine having to snort the stuff numerous times per day for the rest of my life as an alternative to testosterone or even HCG for testicular maintenance. Cost is also another factor to consider.

gonadorelin-chart

There are numerous synthetic analogs of GnRH commercially available. Some are long-lasting and cause desensitization and others do not. The one the OP is describing “Gonadorelin” is not a long-lasting. It’s sold under a variety of brand names and administration vehicles. Many are sold for veterinary use only.

1 Like

Did you do any work in the UK or at MGH with the pulsatile GnRH group?

Not I! I’m just a shmuck in Florida! Lol

Trying to keep my boys up and running so I can make a rug rat!

Keep it Simple Schmuck. HCG.

If you needed to choose something other than hcg to maintain size and prevent testicular atrophy, what would be your preference?

1 Like

Will it keep LH going enough to stay fertile. I understand the half life, but is there enough secretion going on for fertility?

Thanks!

No. My work was done decades ago when synthetic GnRG first became commercially available.

I don’t think you have much else for options beside HCG. There are some that believe that Clomid can do this but I am skeptical and have yet to see any hard data to back up their theories. I don’t see GnRG analogs as an answer either, simply because of the pulsatile nature of the hormone. Perhaps there may be some protocols and delivery systems (e.g., nasal sprays) that may pan out but we need to see some real data.

If you are willing to use and wear an infusion pump all day, yes. There are several relatively recent papers published on the subject. However, it takes a lot of dedication and I don’t see it as a long-term solution as an adjunct to TRT therapy.

The reason I ask, is because a small percent of men on TRT feel terrible when taking hCG; I am one of them.

I’ve been taking 100 mcg of kisspeptin-10, 3 times per day and that has yielded marked improvement and has halted atrophy, but progress has stalled and while no additional atrophy has occurred, improvement has halted as well. It seems this is a better alternative for myself than hcg, but it would be nice to have my boys back to even 75%. I’d say they’re at 50% right now.