GOMAD

Which trainer said “milk is made for growing mammals, and you sir are a growing mammal”?

[quote]AzCats wrote:
You could try working out! That’s always good for making gains.[/quote]

Haha, answered in true T-Nation style, my good sir!
I forgot about the unspoken rule here that unless you have spent a few years training and actually built a decent physique that you shouldn’t post pictures- no matter what the reason for posting them…

But in a vain attempt to justify myself!-
The pictures were to show that I was unhappy with the quick weight gain/excessive fat gain- I had lower body fat levels than the OP when I started GOMAD, and a smaller waist which grew to 37inches - I’m saying be careful, keep an eye on BF%, keep the rest of your diet clean. It seems to be a common problem, if I could do it again I’d do it differently.

I’ve been lifting weight for a massive 9-ish months, some time of this was only 2x week due to MA training… I’ve dislocated my shoulder several times during this period, and had/have a bulging disc in my lower back. I went from 140lbs to 205lbs, went from a dl that was less than my bodyweight to a 1.5xbw/reps, nearly doubled my bench (despite very rarely being able to train it), over doubled my o/h press despite shoulder injuries…
Despite the fat gain I’ve managed to put on around 40lbs of lbm- am I happy with that? No. Am I satisfied with the way I look, no. Have I made progress? Yes, and I do every time I hit the gym.

And if your profile is anything to go off you shouldn’t be too quick to judge- what’s your BF% at? Even if it’s sub 10% you’ve only got 20 or so pounds of lbm on me- a great achievement for having been training for 5 years. I’m taking your advice, I’m getting in and training. I’m getting stronger and bigger. And so I apologise if my body offends you because I’m not hyooge yet, and so I shouldn’t be posting pictures. I’ll refrain in the future until I have 20inch arms or whatever arbitrary standard makes it permissible to post.

How about TPO-BAD bulk? (two pounds of beef a day) That’s close to 200 grams of protein from beef for like $4 If you rinse it off in a strainer, or just drain it over the sink with the lid, then you cut out a good amount of the fat (it’s not a bad thing to leave in most of the fat, but it’s not pretty if you let it cool).

[quote]tassietaekwon wrote:
AzCats wrote:
You could try working out! That’s always good for making gains.

Haha, answered in true T-Nation style, my good sir!
I forgot about the unspoken rule here that unless you have spent a few years training and actually built a decent physique that you shouldn’t post pictures- no matter what the reason for posting them…

But in a vain attempt to justify myself!-
The pictures were to show that I was unhappy with the quick weight gain/excessive fat gain- I had lower body fat levels than the OP when I started GOMAD, and a smaller waist which grew to 37inches - I’m saying be careful, keep an eye on BF%, keep the rest of your diet clean. It seems to be a common problem, if I could do it again I’d do it differently.

I’ve been lifting weight for a massive 9-ish months, some time of this was only 2x week due to MA training… I’ve dislocated my shoulder several times during this period, and had/have a bulging disc in my lower back. I went from 140lbs to 205lbs, went from a dl that was less than my bodyweight to a 1.5xbw/reps, nearly doubled my bench (despite very rarely being able to train it), over doubled my o/h press despite shoulder injuries…
Despite the fat gain I’ve managed to put on around 40lbs of lbm- am I happy with that? No. Am I satisfied with the way I look, no. Have I made progress? Yes, and I do every time I hit the gym.

And if your profile is anything to go off you shouldn’t be too quick to judge- what’s your BF% at? Even if it’s sub 10% you’ve only got 20 or so pounds of lbm on me- a great achievement for having been training for 5 years. I’m taking your advice, I’m getting in and training. I’m getting stronger and bigger. And so I apologise if my body offends you because I’m not hyooge yet, and so I shouldn’t be posting pictures. I’ll refrain in the future until I have 20inch arms or whatever arbitrary standard makes it permissible to post.
[/quote]

Just teasing you man! I know what you meant. As for me, I wish I could say I have been training 5 yrs consistently, I would be more than 200 10% bf if that were the case, but I have gone from 172-200 in the past yr while keeping my BF at 9-10%. Sorry about calling you out there, I couldn’t resist :slight_smile:

Did it for 4 months, made big gains but yeah I had some nasty pimples poppin up here and there. I think there’s something about drining alot of milk when in a calorie positive state that really aggrevates the acne. And there was the unavoidable salt/carb bloat everyday, but to be honest that part wasn’t that bad.

IDK, it’s just one way to go but if you have a fast metabolism GOMAD is a godsend for sure.

Beef is definitely the best though.

No worries Azcats,
I figured it was probably in the spirit of the nation!

Like I said, I just thought I’d make a vain attempt to defend myself, because, you know, I’m vain…
Hence posting about caution in using gomad, or in fact any other way of bulking quickly- you have to be prepared.

However, I’m sure that in another year I’ll be glad that I did it this way.
Planning to gain another 20-30 lbs and trying to keep my BF under control, then get a little leaner… Luckily now my shoulder is starting to feel a lot stronger, so I can start going heavy a lot of movements that I’ve had to avoid going too heavy on- press/bench/arm work…