Golgi Tendon Effecting Training

I did a set of 5rm and I felt like I could not go down the ecentric as fast a i usally do and my rear delt hurt doing close grip bench press? I usally do not feel this pain andy idea why?

Maybe you have just hurt your shoulder.

why? some sort of neural threat… after all your nervous system is putting the breaks on you for some reason.

Could be as simple as the above poster mentioned - the pain in your shoulder. I’m wondering though if the pain was from the rear delt or the posterior capsule - does it feel more like a pulled muscle or more like a bruise?

At the end of the day the underlying route problem could be a million different things though.

[quote]challer1 wrote:
why? some sort of neural threat… after all your nervous system is putting the breaks on you for some reason.

Could be as simple as the above poster mentioned - the pain in your shoulder. I’m wondering though if the pain was from the rear delt or the posterior capsule - does it feel more like a pulled muscle or more like a bruise?

At the end of the day the underlying route problem could be a million different things though. [/quote]

You know that feeling you get from unracking the weight well it feels like that even though I am not unracking.

[quote]motherofpearl wrote:

You know that feeling you get from unracking the weight well it feels like that even though I am not unracking. [/quote]

You probably should start having someone give you a liftoff. Let it heal, and maybe try DB’s for a few workouts.

Trust me though, its not your golgi tendon. You’d know if you messed that one up.