T Nation

Golf Cart Dead Lift

So yea, if there are any golfers out there you will understand…waiting behind a group that was taking WAY too long and was bored…so I figured I would try to DL the cart and got it no problem.

Not that I am too impressed with myself at all but it’s still pretty cool to display strength outside of the gym and couldn’t help but think of the days when I was 10-11 years old and would’ve thought that only superman would be able to lift the front end of a golf cart fully off the ground.

Dude… its a golf cart. That’s slightly heavier than a lawnmower.

A Golf Cart is about 300-400lbs (the battery powered, since batteries are made of metal). With about 250-300lbs the gas powered.

That and you use mad leverage when you lift it. And most golf carts have the engines in the back, and the steering in the front.

Again, congratulations.

I carried a drill press across the shop the other day.

Then I threw a 300 lb. plate of steel into the scrap metal dumpster, followed by a couple chunks of I beam.

I wanna be a crane when I grow up.

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:

Then I threw a 300 lb. plate of steel into the scrap metal dumpster, followed by a couple chunks of I beam.

[/quote]

LOL

Hey jerkoffs – I wasnt bragging and/or patting myself on the back as I originally stated just thought the board would find this killing boredom story amusing…congratulations on being cynical pricks that make this place suck more often than not.

Oh, come on man. I wasn’t trying to be a dick.

I have allways had fun by being bored at work and whacking stuff with sledge hammers and dropping trees on swingsets. Now it just involves shop machines, plasma cutters, and big chunks of steel.

Just trying to relate.

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:

[/quote]

haha. You’re the man.

[quote]Pauliewalnuts wrote:
as I originally stated just thought the board would find this killing boredom story amusing[/quote]

Really?

I thought it was about “displaying strength outside the gym”.

You’ve done neither. Again, congratulations to you. You deserve a pat on the back this time.

[quote]
congratulations on being cynical pricks that make this place suck more often than not.[/quote]

Now who’s being cynical?

Relax buddy, chill out, its just a forum.

If they were taking too much time you should have just started pulling the thing for reps while grunting and screaming. Maybe it would have scared them off? It’s suprising how often you can get what you want by acting a little crazy.

Franco divided by 8.8

-dizzle

Franco only ate .9 of a banana.

what a waste of a thread. Then again, it does suit this section perfectly. “Get a life”

What a grand display of strength! Was everyone really impressed? Did they tell you how strong you are? Did you get little bit of a chubby knowing you were the center of attention for a few minutes?

You should have used your great strength to beat the shit out of the 70-year old man who was taking so long in the group in front of you! You could have bragged about that here and become a real internet legend! The golfcourse badass! That’s how Kimbo Slice started.

Hey, douche? I usually refrain from picking up golf carts because:

A. They are not heavy
B. I am usually going to be lifting something heavy (like a barbell) later in the day or the next day so I try to focus on that
C. When I’m playing golf I focus on hitting the golf ball
D. I’m secure in my manhood and level of physical strength and don’t feel compelled to display for the geriatrics at the local muni

I would have just hit into the group ahead…or left for the gym and deadlifted something heavy

I’m not sure which is worse the guy lifting the golf cart or all the people tearing him apart over it.

No wondering authors started to not post articles on here.

Thank you crewpierce for putting it into perspective…As I originally stated i was not proud of myself and my action did not signal any great achievement on my part at all. I was three sheets to the wind when I thought, “hey ill post that on T-Nation.” its kinda shitty around here that everyones first thoughts are to rip the OP a new a-hole, and then for everyone to jump on the bandwagon after that.

Christ talk about discouraging to someone who rarely posts and mostly uses this site for what it is, a tool of information that I can utilize to better my health and therefore my quality of life. And I apologize to those of you use the forums as some sort of social barometer and were offended by my posting.

What’s even shittier is that if it had been a member of T-Nation that all the fanboys here drool over that had done it it would have been “classic!!” and “awesome!!”

I do however find it EXTREMELY ironic that those who told me to calm down it’s just an internet forum were the ones who broke my post down by section.

No worries man, I would just have thought it funny to see someone deadlifting the golf cart waiting to hit their shot.

This site is just getting infected by people who spew hate and anger without ever saying anything useful.

Besides I’m betting 1/2 those guys ripping you apart are a buck 20 and can’t lift the golf cart themselves.

[quote]CrewPierce wrote:
No worries man, I would just have thought it funny to see someone deadlifting the golf cart waiting to hit their shot.

This site is just getting infected by people who spew hate and anger without ever saying anything useful.

Besides I’m betting 1/2 those guys ripping you apart are a buck 20 and can’t lift the golf cart themselves.[/quote]

Maybe you fellas should get a room.

[quote]Pauliewalnuts wrote:
Thank you crewpierce for putting it into perspective…As I originally stated i was not proud of myself and my action did not signal any great achievement on my part at all. I was three sheets to the wind when I thought, “hey ill post that on T-Nation.” its kinda shitty around here that everyones first thoughts are to rip the OP a new a-hole, and then for everyone to jump on the bandwagon after that.

Christ talk about discouraging to someone who rarely posts and mostly uses this site for what it is, a tool of information that I can utilize to better my health and therefore my quality of life. And I apologize to those of you use the forums as some sort of social barometer and were offended by my posting.

What’s even shittier is that if it had been a member of T-Nation that all the fanboys here drool over that had done it it would have been “classic!!” and “awesome!!”

I do however find it EXTREMELY ironic that those who told me to calm down it’s just an internet forum were the ones who broke my post down by section.

[/quote]

idiot. i don’t know who the “fanboys” drool over. but my guess would be they aren’t golf cart lifters.

[quote]TJN713 wrote:
CrewPierce wrote:

Besides I’m betting 1/2 those guys ripping you apart are a buck 20 and can’t lift the golf cart themselves.

Maybe you fellas should get a room.[/quote]

har har gazoo