Gold's Transformation Challenge Jan 8 to April 1

hahaha, nice work Blake. You’re going to have a tough time being beat.

[quote]Captnoblivious wrote:
Excellent work.

Were you eating sweet potato’s with meals 2,3, and 4? What was the portion size? [/quote]
What I did was I bought jumbo yams. 1 yam was the size of a baking potato. I would poke holes in it and microwave for 10 min. Then I would cut that potato in to 3 even portions.

During my bulk I actually was eating 3 of those a day, and struggleing to maintain 250. I would literally get a fever from eating to get to and maintain 250. Off topic from your question but just incase anyone is bulking I thought I’d share that my dieting for mt bulk was as uncomfortable as my cut.

[quote]Lonnie123 wrote:
hahaha, nice work Blake. You’re going to have a tough time being beat.[/quote]

Thanks man. Headed down to metroflex this Saturday will get there around 1:30-2 maybe we’ll run into you? My buddy johnathan wants to go again.

[quote]BlakeAJackson wrote:

[quote]Lonnie123 wrote:
hahaha, nice work Blake. You’re going to have a tough time being beat.[/quote]

Thanks man. Headed down to metroflex this Saturday will get there around 1:30-2 maybe we’ll run into you? My buddy johnathan wants to go again. [/quote]

Working at that time unfortunately, go sick though. Cant wait to see your Contest condition in a few months. Again, that was a HELL of a transformation, and it looks like you kept pretty much all of your thickness and muscularity which is obviously great.

You look great,well done,your calves look slightly bigger in the after pics,did they increase at all?

[quote]BIG-GEORDIE wrote:
You look great,well done,your calves look slightly bigger in the after pics,did they increase at all?[/quote]
Thanks. I didn’t measure them before the cut. I guess it is possible with all of the incline walking that they grew? But with being so calorie restricted my guess, Is I took fat off below the knee and around the ancle causing them to look larger in the center. I have cool veins that pop out on my calves and shins now after cardio.

Awesome progress man! I’m in the middle of a cut myself right now and seeing your pictures has motivated me! What are your strength levels now compared to pre-cut?

[quote]Ghost16 wrote:
Awesome progress man! I’m in the middle of a cut myself right now and seeing your pictures has motivated me! What are your strength levels now compared to pre-cut? [/quote]

My strength levels took a major hit once I was carb cycling and again the last 4 weeks when calories went even lower and cardio went even higher. I just tried to keep things as heavy as possible and if I felt like it wasn’t enough for add sets to keep volume up. I didn’t calculate volume or anything just keep weights to 1hr and went with how I felt that day.

One thing that was cool was about six weeks out I started adding 50 pull ups a day after cardio. I was able to improve on these while extremely calorie restricted which was a nice mental boost.

[quote]BlakeAJackson wrote:

[quote]Ghost16 wrote:
Awesome progress man! I’m in the middle of a cut myself right now and seeing your pictures has motivated me! What are your strength levels now compared to pre-cut? [/quote]

My strength levels took a major hit once I was carb cycling and again the last 4 weeks when calories went even lower and cardio went even higher. I just tried to keep things as heavy as possible and if I felt like it wasn’t enough for add sets to keep volume up. I didn’t calculate volume or anything just keep weights to 1hr and went with how I felt that day.

One thing that was cool was about six weeks out I started adding 50 pull ups a day after cardio. I was able to improve on these while extremely calorie restricted which was a nice mental boost. [/quote]

Oh okay thanks man! Yeah when you’re losing weight that fast it’s going to be impossible to keep all your strength. You’re still carrying a considerable amount of muscle though so very good work!

Quick update, I won the contest at my gym level and for all of Los Angeles in my age group. This means I am moving on to nationals to compete in the 18-29 age bracket representing Los Angeles. I find out June 6th how I do. Wish me luck.

That’s fucking awesome, good luck to ya

hahahahaha, awesome man. Any website we can check out to see comparisons or vote?

No they didn’t share any of the photo’s from the other contestants. No idea how well others in my category did. No voting it is totally decided by their corporate office. It is crazy to think if I win you may walk in to any gold’s and be greeted by a life size cardboard cut out of me. Lol.

We need to get together and train again soon. You may need to come this way like we talked about. The wife is keeping me on a short leash since the baby came. She just went back to work today so I suspect it will be easier in the coming weeks to take a Saturday and head down there.

I’ll PM you about when I free in the next few days to head over to your neck of the woods and we can talk about what to throw together for a workout.

how long did it take you to drop from 15% to 10%? I’ve never recomped and was considering giving it a go.

Congrats on the win!

I would think 4-6weeks of hellish starvation. Alot of changes happened in the last 4 weeks for me.

look like u enjoy winny and test…kidding u look great good job

That progress is fantastic. You didn’t look that bad at 250 so it is no surprise leaning up made it look right.

The ends justify the means once again.

So I won the whole country for the 18-29 class. They never posted any specific numbers or showed any runner ups, but one of the directers for the gym told me there were close to 30k competitors in my age group. Crazy if that is accurate. Went over the weekend to a dodgers game to be awarded my prize money, $7500 dollars. Tell me that doesn’t get to all the amateur BB’s out there? J/K.

Still prepping for a show in late aug. Diet is about to get supper tight this coming week.

Also I am posting a cool side by side that they put up on the golds facebook page. Amazing how many haters showed up to comment on the winners pictures.

you look awesome! congrats on the win! That is a fantastic feat! good money too!