Gold's Gym Opening in Plano

Saw an ad in the Dallas Observer “Best of Dallas 2006” edition talking about a new Gold’s gym location “coming soon” to Plano.

Still not as hardcore as I prefer, however should be a nice step up from the zillion 24 hr fitness and LA fitness locations we’re limited to anywhere North of Carrolton.

Couldn’t find any more details online. Anyone have any info on location, opening date, etc?

Anybody know anything about this??

No.

Check out American Indoor. It’s at 121 and Hebron Pkwy in Carrollton, not too far from Plano. I live in Frisco and belong there. It’s small, but well equipped. They’ve got a glute-ham raise, reverse hyper, 1-5 boards, bands, chains, safety bar, cambered bar, etc. Only $20 a month.

[quote]Big Rose wrote:
Check out American Indoor. It’s at 121 and Hebron Pkwy in Carrollton, not too far from Plano. I live in Frisco and belong there. It’s small, but well equipped. They’ve got a glute-ham raise, reverse hyper, 1-5 boards, bands, chains, safety bar, cambered bar, etc. Only $20 a month.[/quote]

I’m jealous…I always prefer the smaller more functional gyms as opposed to the commerical crap…just have a Gold’s Gym and a Gym X here…suitable if you’re just working out for looks.

I’m definitely going to look into American Indoor. Just looked at their site; doesn’t show much of their equipment unfortunately.

Is the environment suitable for the hardcore lifter? Or is more “family” oriented?

With all the space, American Indoor looks like a good place to train strongman. Wonder if they would let someone bring equipment in for that…

[quote]Big Rose wrote:
Check out American Indoor. It’s at 121 and Hebron Pkwy in Carrollton, not too far from Plano. I live in Frisco and belong there. It’s small, but well equipped. They’ve got a glute-ham raise, reverse hyper, 1-5 boards, bands, chains, safety bar, cambered bar, etc. Only $20 a month.[/quote]

Sounds like a pretty cool gym. I live out in Arlington, but it would be worth it to drive out there once a week. Heck, it’s only 20 bucks. Wish we had something like that out here.

clc315,
What gym are you working out at now? I’ve had memberships at Metroflex and Gold’s in Arlington. I have also visited LA Fitness.

[quote]clc315 wrote:
Big Rose wrote:
Check out American Indoor. It’s at 121 and Hebron Pkwy in Carrollton, not too far from Plano. I live in Frisco and belong there. It’s small, but well equipped. They’ve got a glute-ham raise, reverse hyper, 1-5 boards, bands, chains, safety bar, cambered bar, etc. Only $20 a month.

Sounds like a pretty cool gym. I live out in Arlington, but it would be worth it to drive out there once a week. Heck, it’s only 20 bucks. Wish we had something like that out here.

[/quote]

DUDE! You’re in Arlington. You have the most hardcore gym you could hope for out there. It’s called Metroflex. Search for them on google.

[quote]metalhealth wrote:
I’m definitely going to look into American Indoor. Just looked at their site; doesn’t show much of their equipment unfortunately.

Is the environment suitable for the hardcore lifter? Or is more “family” oriented?

[/quote]
The website doesn’t do it justice. They don’t even promote the fact that they have a gym, which is a good thing. It’s mostly an indoor soccer place, but the gym part is definitely hardcore.

The guy who runs it is a competitive powerlifter and there are about 5-6 of us that train Westside style in the mornings. The rest of the day is anything from high school kids to soccer moms, but I’ve never seen more than 2 people in there at one time.

[quote]metalhealth wrote:
With all the space, American Indoor looks like a good place to train strongman. Wonder if they would let someone bring equipment in for that…[/quote]

The guy who runs the gym does a bootcamp from 5-7am. The guy who owns it lets him use the soccer field during those hours and a few hours throughout the day to train clients. The rest of the day is soccer or flag football. He might be open to letting someone bring in strongman equipment if it was at the right time of day and didn’t damage the field.

He’s got like 5 sleds and he’s talked about getting a tire to flip and some farmers walk handles, but he really wants a monolift right now. It’s awesome pulling the sleds on an airconditioned field.

[quote]Big Rose wrote:
metalhealth wrote:
With all the space, American Indoor looks like a good place to train strongman. Wonder if they would let someone bring equipment in for that…

The guy who runs the gym does a bootcamp from 5-7am. The guy who owns it lets him use the soccer field during those hours and a few hours throughout the day to train clients. The rest of the day is soccer or flag football. He might be open to letting someone bring in strongman equipment if it was at the right time of day and didn’t damage the field.

He’s got like 5 sleds and he’s talked about getting a tire to flip and some farmers walk handles, but he really wants a monolift right now. It’s awesome pulling the sleds on an airconditioned field.[/quote]

Damn, that sounds promising. If yall get something going be sure to post about it. I’ll get in on it for sure.

If you are not far from Carrollton, check out www.badattitudegym.com

Killer gym with damn near every piece of equipment you can dream of. But even better than that is the atmosphere and the great group of lifters there.

Check them out, you won’t be sorry.

[quote]mattwray wrote:
If you are not far from Carrollton, check out www.badattitudegym.com

Killer gym with damn near every piece of equipment you can dream of. But even better than that is the atmosphere and the great group of lifters there.

Check them out, you won’t be sorry.[/quote]

I trained at Bad Attitude for about 3 months. Actually, all of us at American Indoor used to train there. Everybody there is cool and you won’t find a better equipped gym in Texas.

Looks like you guys train only mornings. Anyone training at American Indoor on evenings or weekends?

I’m going to look into training there, but I’ll be traveling during the week, every week, pretty soon so I’ll be training in town only on Fridays and weekends.

Friday mornings is Dynamic Squat day and Sunday mornings at 9am is Dynamic Bench. The gym is open in the evenings and weekends, but it’s mostly just high school kids and moms. You can still use all of the equipment though.

The temp Gold’s location is open at Preston/Park. Anyone train there yet?

Hey guys! I am a personal trainer at the new Gold’s Gym in Plano. I found a link that directed me to T-Nation. We are open but we are still in presale. You can workout in the center til september when we open the massive hardcore facility. We have big names alreay signed up. Jodi Lee MIller, fitness babe, Gary Fuentes, NPC national Champ at 45 he took 3rd in the mens. Darrell Terrel, soon to be the next texas IFBB pro and his girl friend Natlie, fitness competetor. So, yes it will be hrad core. If you live in pano or near arapaho you cna use the new facility there in 3 weeks, only $24.99 a month. PM me for a pre-sale freeze til we open. pay your enrollment $107.14 and nothing til we open with full acces to all clubs, uptown, preston center, arapaho and plano… ask for ken