Going Too Far On A2G Squats?

I was just wondering if it was dangerous for your ass to actually touch the ground during a2g squats. Any advice would be appreciated!

Hell by all means if you can get your turd cutter that low go for it going to get some crazy full ROM and development. As long as use loads that you can handle.

Only reason I can see it being a negative is if you aspire to be a PLer as you are going to have little to no stretch reflex due to being over flexible.

Phill

Like the guy said above. One thing I was told was not to bounce at the bottom. (Although the bounce is a stretch-reflex that can be trained to get you out of the deep position)

Thanks Phill!
Yep, this only happens on front squats and zercher squats. I try to go as low as i can and before i know it my ass in on the ground.

I didnt know this was posible.

Post a video!

Just curious, are you able to handle decent weight and get that low? I try to squat deep (going below parallel) but get nowhere near having my buttocks touch the ground. Of course this raises the question as to whether the squat could be considered a stretch! Any ideas?

Spread and angle your feet a bit more and see if you can do it. It requires a lot of hip flexor flexibility. Otherwise you start to feel your socekts pushing forward and it won’t feel too good.

I go all the way down on squats, but my arse is still a good 4-6" above the ground.

I think we need a video or pics!

Olympic weightlifters usually develop great flexibility in the squat position. In fact, in competition having the but touch the floor is an infraction and will cause a a lift to be rejected. Here’s a picture of a Chinese Weightlifter with great squat flexibility.

[quote]BigDaddyT wrote:
Just curious, are you able to handle decent weight and get that low? I try to squat deep (going below parallel) but get nowhere near having my buttocks touch the ground. Of course this raises the question as to whether the squat could be considered a stretch! Any ideas?[/quote]

The weight I can use squatting this deep is 66% of my parallel squat :slight_smile: Don’t know if this would be considered a hamstring stretch but I have noticed that my hamstrings never got sore going to parallel and now they are always sore

[quote]Seattle_Lifter wrote:
Olympic weightlifters usually develop great flexibility in the squat position. In fact, in competition having the but touch the floor is an infraction and will cause a a lift to be rejected. Here’s a picture of a Chinese Weightlifter with great squat flexibility. [/quote]

I think if I tried to I could touch my ass to the ground on back squats and overhead squats I only go ass to ground(haha) on front and zercher squats because before I even go very deep into my squat I touch the floor.

[quote]Seattle_Lifter wrote:
Olympic weightlifters usually develop great flexibility in the squat position. In fact, in competition having the but touch the floor is an infraction and will cause a a lift to be rejected. Here’s a picture of a Chinese Weightlifter with great squat flexibility. [/quote]

I am able to go about as deep as the lifter in the picture and if you guys want i will post a vid of it on youtube

post a vid with your ass on the floor.

IMO if your ass is on the floor your body position and center of gravity isn’t optimal for squatting safely and effectively.

i don’t think my femur is long enough for my ass to touch the ground, unless i get into a superwide crotch busting stance.