Going to Washington DC. Suggestions?

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]biglifter wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
And as unimportant as art is in this world, check out some of the great paintings in the National Gallery. Seeing a masterpiece in person that you had only ever seen in books is quite an experience. [/quote]

You funny, ID.

[/quote]

Hey Big love the Avi, that just made me laugh. Did you steal that or is that your offspring?[/quote]

Freshly stolen. If that were my kids, I’d rinse their mouths out with hot sauce (not really, I’d probably just laugh for days).

[quote]biglifter wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]biglifter wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
And as unimportant as art is in this world, check out some of the great paintings in the National Gallery. Seeing a masterpiece in person that you had only ever seen in books is quite an experience. [/quote]

You funny, ID.

[/quote]

Hey Big love the Avi, that just made me laugh. Did you steal that or is that your offspring?[/quote]

Freshly stolen. If that were my kids, I’d rinse their mouths out with hot sauce (not really, I’d probably just laugh for days).[/quote]

My dad used to say that shit all the time about my mom. No she does not have a big ass but my dad is one of those real blunt construction worker types. Stil makes me laugh. Great find.

Air and Space museum and the WWII memorial. With the latter, I had chills the whole time I was there.

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:
Air and Space museum and the WWII memorial. With the latter, I had chills the whole time I was there. [/quote]

Same here. The furnace is always broken there in winter, and the AC is always turned up too high in summer. I now know to bring a jacket.

lol

During the day you may want to check out “The Mall” which is where the monuments are and the Smithsonian Museums. If you are into that stuff then you may like the Natural History museum and the Air and Space museum, the others are lame IMHO.

There is a lot of good stuff to do in Woodley Park. There is a zoo pretty close by which isn’t bad. But at night it’s a short walk to Adam’s Morgan. I like a bar called “Madam’s Organ”, real funky place. That area gets real busy at night, so it’s hard to have a bad time.

One metro stop south is Dupont Circle. Tons of shit to do there, including one of the best beer bars I’ve been to called The Brickskeller, I think they have like 1000 beers there or something, it’s insane.

Little Miss Whiskey and Palace of Wonders are two very cool bars near Union Station.

As for food, I’d recommend Rays the Steaks or Rays Hellburger, both in Arlington. If you feel like nicer dining, the Capital Grille there is pretty damn good. There is a pretty decent pizza place with a good beer selection in Georgetown called Pizza Paradiso.

Anyway, thats a couple ideas. I saw some people mentioning strip clubs. The place that people were referring to in Crystal City is called “Crystal City Restaurant”. Its pretty ghetto, but it’s definitely a good time. The only other one I’ve been to is called Camelot, it’s downtown, not that great, but not too bad either.

FBI Muesem
Air and Space Muesem
Holocaust Muesem
Arlington National Cemetary
Lincoln Memorial
Capital Building
Marine Corps War Memorial (Iwo-Jima)

I’ve also head good things about the spy museum, didn’t recommend because I haven’t been yet.

Air and Space museum has always been my favorite, with the natural and american history museums a close second and third.

Strip Clubs:
There are three that are worth a fuck (girls are all nude, but NO lapdances)
Archibald’s 16th and K NW (K street corridor)
Camelot 19th and M NW (Dupont)
Good Guys Wisconsin and Observatory (north of Georgetown)

Where you’re staying is on Connecticut Ave fairly north in the city. The best places convenient to that area (heading south on Connecticut) are Adams Morgan turn east on Columbia across the bridge), U st corridor (east on Florida - turns into U st), Dupont Circle (Connecticut runs through the circle), K street corridor (east on K st) and Georgetown (west on K st, north on Wisconsin)

If I were you, I’d take a cab to Georgetown and work your way back home. Start off at Maate and have some great Sushi (a lot of people “pre-party” at Maate, so you can get there early and meet some people. The Georgetown waterfront may be tempting (Sequoia, Tony & Joes, Nick’s) but I’ve actually had bad results there for some reason. Lot’s of hawt chicks, but it tends to be an older, more conservative crowd mixed with a high number of gold-diggers (my game is very low key to discourage gold-digging), but if you go in flashy, you may get lucky - that’s not my thing though. I’d move onward into the city if I were you.

If you like “shi shi fu fu” high dollar shit, hit K street lounge, Lima, Josephine’s, Park on 14th (kinda ghetto sometimes), or Lotus. If you’re not into that, just skip K street corridor and head to Dupont.

This is where I would spend the bulk of my time. There’s all kinds of bars there. Hit Cafe Citron for a little latin flavor, Current is pretty cool, Eighteen Street Lounge is THE SHIT - you HAVE to go there. If it’s an “on” night, you may want to stay there. If It’s “off”, head north to Russia House they have like 200 different flavors of vodka and a shit ton of HAWT eastern european chicks. Then hit either the U st corridor or Adams Morgan. U st has a more international crowd, Adams Morgan is a younger, drunker crowd. If you’ve paired up with a chick by then, go to U st. If you are still alone, hit Adams Morgan - it’s like taking candy from a baby there.

At that point, you’re a short cab ride back to your place. If you are in Adams Morgan, they have a good empinada place that opens after hours, if you’re at U st, go to Ben’s Chili Bowl, also open after hours.

Keep in mind, last call is generally at 1:30 AM or so - make sure you pace the evening properly.

Another thing to consider during the weekday evenings, is that a lot of the Embassies have events and gatherings and parties. It’s usually good international food served and a very international mix of sophisticated people. Many of the Embassies are in your neck of the woods.

HAVE FUN! Hit me up on a PM when you get here, I’ll see what I’m doing.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
Yup. I also recommend the Hirschhorn, some cool shit in there.

Thanks for all the replies. Sounds like there is no shortage of things to do. Now all I have to do is find some place to lift.

If we’re going to talk about bars – funny you say that ac because I’ve always been frustrated at my lack of results at waterfront – I have pretty extensive knowledge of adams morgan/dupont.

To piggyback on ac’s post… as far as girls, you’re pretty much guaranteed to score in dupont at Front Page, Lucky Bar or Rumors. In Adams Morgan, I’ve had a pretty good run at the Reef right around the corner from my house – chat girls up on the rooftop, then take them to the 2nd floor to dance if they wish. Millie N Al’s is a nice dive bar. Town Tavern is a lot of fun. Julia’s Empanadas and Jumbo Slice Pizza make great late night food (jumbo slice is always packed though).

[quote]blackhand wrote:
Thanks for all the replies. Sounds like there is no shortage of things to do. Now all I have to do is find some place to lift.
[/quote]

Look up Washington Sports Clubs. I once told them I was thinking of transferring from Gold’s and they gave me a bunch of free workout passes (which I lost, so I can’t help you personally). It may work for you.

I might be able to get you a guest pass or two for Gold’s…I’ll ask today. How many would you need, if they ask?

[quote]scj119 wrote:
If we’re going to talk about bars – funny you say that ac because I’ve always been frustrated at my lack of results at waterfront – I have pretty extensive knowledge of adams morgan/dupont.

To piggyback on ac’s post… as far as girls, you’re pretty much guaranteed to score in dupont at Front Page, Lucky Bar or Rumors. In Adams Morgan, I’ve had a pretty good run at the Reef right around the corner from my house – chat girls up on the rooftop, then take them to the 2nd floor to dance if they wish. Millie N Al’s is a nice dive bar. Town Tavern is a lot of fun. Julia’s Empanadas and Jumbo Slice Pizza make great late night food (jumbo slice is always packed though).

[quote]blackhand wrote:
[/quote]

Look up Washington Sports Clubs. I once told them I was thinking of transferring from Gold’s and they gave me a bunch of free workout passes (which I lost, so I can’t help you personally). It may work for you.

I might be able to get you a guest pass or two for Gold’s…I’ll ask today. How many would you need, if they ask?
[/quote]

Good stuff - If I had a dollar for every chick I pulled from The Reef, I’d buy everyone in this thread a round!

Thanks again for all the suggestions. Ended up being 12+ hour days for 8 days straight and being too damn tired to do anything until my last day. I ended up starting down at the Lincoln Memorial and walking through to the Capitol building stopping in the Museum of Natural History and the Air and Space museum. The Air and Space museum was amazing and so was the Lincoln Memorial. Had to cut my trip short and head home a day early, but hopefully this isn’t my last trip to DC. Next business trip I’m going to schedule my fun before the work starts.

[quote]Vinnie85 wrote:
if u haven’t been i’d hit up all the monuments… washington monument, reflectign pool, the ww2 memorial, lincoln memorial…

they are all about 1-2 mi from each other in a long row basically… [/quote]

Survey says, “ENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHKKKKKKKKKKKKK”

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

Survey says, “ENNNNNNHHHHHKKK”

[quote]angry chicken wrote:
Strip Clubs:
There are three that are worth a fuck (girls are all nude, but NO lapdances)
Archibald’s 16th and K NW (K street corridor)
Camelot 19th and M NW (Dupont)
Good Guys Wisconsin and Observatory (north of Georgetown)

Where you’re staying is on Connecticut Ave fairly north in the city. The best places convenient to that area (heading south on Connecticut) are Adams Morgan turn east on Columbia across the bridge), U st corridor (east on Florida - turns into U st), Dupont Circle (Connecticut runs through the circle), K street corridor (east on K st) and Georgetown (west on K st, north on Wisconsin)

If I were you, I’d take a cab to Georgetown and work your way back home. Start off at Maate and have some great Sushi (a lot of people “pre-party” at Maate, so you can get there early and meet some people. The Georgetown waterfront may be tempting (Sequoia, Tony & Joes, Nick’s) but I’ve actually had bad results there for some reason. Lot’s of hawt chicks, but it tends to be an older, more conservative crowd mixed with a high number of gold-diggers (my game is very low key to discourage gold-digging), but if you go in flashy, you may get lucky - that’s not my thing though. I’d move onward into the city if I were you.

If you like “shi shi fu fu” high dollar shit, hit K street lounge, Lima, Josephine’s, Park on 14th (kinda ghetto sometimes), or Lotus. If you’re not into that, just skip K street corridor and head to Dupont.

This is where I would spend the bulk of my time. There’s all kinds of bars there. Hit Cafe Citron for a little latin flavor, Current is pretty cool, Eighteen Street Lounge is THE SHIT - you HAVE to go there. If it’s an “on” night, you may want to stay there. If It’s “off”, head north to Russia House they have like 200 different flavors of vodka and a shit ton of HAWT eastern european chicks. Then hit either the U st corridor or Adams Morgan. U st has a more international crowd, Adams Morgan is a younger, drunker crowd. If you’ve paired up with a chick by then, go to U st. If you are still alone, hit Adams Morgan - it’s like taking candy from a baby there.

At that point, you’re a short cab ride back to your place. If you are in Adams Morgan, they have a good empinada place that opens after hours, if you’re at U st, go to Ben’s Chili Bowl, also open after hours.

Keep in mind, last call is generally at 1:30 AM or so - make sure you pace the evening properly.

Another thing to consider during the weekday evenings, is that a lot of the Embassies have events and gatherings and parties. It’s usually good international food served and a very international mix of sophisticated people. Many of the Embassies are in your neck of the woods.

HAVE FUN! Hit me up on a PM when you get here, I’ll see what I’m doing.[/quote]

This.

To everyone recommending the museums…there’s like 10 million school kids in these places and it’s a museum…no offense, but I find I don’t go to the museums where I live (Wash, DC) so I don’t want to go to some shitty museum when I’m on travel.

Wish I would’ve read to see he’d been and gone before I tried to look cool.