Going to Start Working Out Legs

My leg training path was, I imagine, fairly similar to alot of newbie trainers. As a beginner I pretty much avoided it completely, blissfully unaware and totally ignorant I thought that playing football and tennis would take care of them. Retarded as f*ck basically.

At some point the realization dawns that actually the legs are pretty huge muscles and should probably be trained…right?? Wrong, I half assed them because when I trained them they bloody hurt for days but then at least they get “some” attention once a week. Fast forward to now and I love training them, generally splitting quads and hams once a week.

Somewhere along the line everybody who trains comes to realize how important legs are. Its good the OP seems to have finally realized it, you will now embark on a journey of pain but seriously stick with them. After a while you will realize what makes them grow best, high rep, low rep, high frequency, low volume or whatever. At the very least you should be pleased that you have finally realized that you should train your legs.

There’s alot of A.D.D. going around with all the people that can’t focus for 3 hours. Most champion bodybuilders have gone through routines where they lived in the gym for that long. Shit most D1 college football programs are 2 hours gym time in the morning and 3 hours practice in the afternoon. Oh thats right you guys consider them genetic freaks.

[quote]klarbar wrote:
okay, i just saw this from hyenas profile

I started lifting weights in high school. It started out as something that I did for fun, and it made me feel good. In June 2008 I started training with a friend from elementary school (Akuma01) and it became a lifestyle. It wasn’t for funzies anymore. Now it is a warpath to build the most impressive physique that is humanly possible. To take my body to levels only dreamt of by most.One day when I think I’m ready for competition, I will take the step, and get up on stage, and I will win.

LOLOLOLLOL does anyone else find that shit hilarious?[/quote]

In no way funny.

Even with proper nutrition I can’t see a 3 hour session being more beneficial than an intense 80 or 90 session. How hard are you lifting were you can still go for 3 hours? How do ya find the time? Shit, I’m in and out in about 75 minutes.

I feel like I’m thoroughly exhausted after a leg workout’s that’s anywhere over an hour. Usually, from the moment I start my first working sets to when I leave is 45-50 minutes. I usually have 4 leg movements and an ab movement. 3 hours… sounds brutal, how do you do it?

Like are avoiding technical failure like the plague on each set? What kind of pre/peri/post workout nutrition do you have going on?

[quote]klarbar wrote:

I started lifting weights in high school. It started out as something that I did for fun, and it made me feel good. In June 2008 I started training with a friend from elementary school (Akuma01) and it became a lifestyle. It wasn’t for funzies anymore. Now it is a warpath to build the most impressive physique that is humanly possible. To take my body to levels only dreamt of by most.One day when I think I’m ready for competition, I will take the step, and get up on stage, and I will win.

He’s passionate at training… the bastard!
I will love to train with Akuma. He’s a pretty reliable dude to take advice from and seems interesting.

[quote]Nikki9591 wrote:

[quote]klarbar wrote:

I will love to train with Akuma. He’s a pretty reliable dude to take advice from and seems interesting.[/quote]

Maybe, but if he’s been training Hyena for 2 years and the kid still looks like he does maybe he should pick a more genetically gifted individual to follow him around on forums and call people out for not training Akuma’s way lol

[quote]waylanderxx wrote:

[quote]Nikki9591 wrote:

[quote]klarbar wrote:

I will love to train with Akuma. He’s a pretty reliable dude to take advice from and seems interesting.[/quote]

Maybe, but if he’s been training Hyena for 2 years and the kid still looks like he does maybe he should pick a more genetically gifted individual to follow him around on forums and call people out for not training Akuma’s way lol[/quote]

You’re my first pick to train with :slight_smile:

Maybe he doesn’t eat well. Who knows.

The content in this thread hits onto the interesting discussion of volume vs intensity.

There was recent discussion about this in the cell.

Two points on this.

I met a guy working out of a big Canadian research lab (led by Stu Phillips), and they have found that training for maximum volume at very high, and relatively low (30-40% max I believe) training loads (and MATCHING total volume) led to the same local muscle protein responses. His point was the total number of repetitions the low load group did was just insane compared to the high load group, but in the end, if you can equate the total volume you get the same local response.

I was also involved in helping out on some research (we ran the trainers and trainees) where it was found that the high volume group (8 sets) had the best gains compared to lower training volumes. Is the high volume prescription practical for everyone? No, they take forever.

My take is that if you are going to go for a volume approach, then you should really go for it and do as much as humanly possible, otherwise just try to go for one or two extremely hard-out working sets and move on (why I’m an advocate of DC training).

The middle ground (most gym people who ramp up, drop set down, never go balls to the wall heavy, try to do whole body/most of the body in 45 minutes) is where you’re going to fuck it up.

Happy training.

[quote]Nikki9591 wrote:

[quote]Nikki9591 wrote:

[quote]klarbar wrote:

Maybe, but if he’s been training Hyena for 2 years and the kid still looks like he does maybe he should pick a more genetically gifted individual to follow him around on forums and call people out for not training Akuma’s way lol[/quote]

[/quote]

GOD STOP DEFENDING HIM!

And I would love to run a tr…I mean train with you

haha :slight_smile:

[quote]klarbar wrote:

Since you asked, no. I don’t.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
WTF people? I didnt make any comments in an attempt to make somone leave the forum. Hardly that. This isnt my forum, I have no desire to make anyone stop posting and if anyone feels the need to stop posting because of someothing someone said to them… well then theyre a pussy.

The post I made was done so solely because this Hyena guy made a dumbass comment. With no pictures of himself in anything but a sleeveless shirt. Basically cut n paste SteelyD’s most recent post right here and you have exactly how I feel.

If people want to train for 3 hours, great. If thats enjoyable to them, awesome. Do I agree with it. No way. But who cares; my opinion isnt worth more than anyone elses (except countingbeans because he didnt get the memo about the ghey hat avatar being sooo 2 months ago but anyway).

Anyone who made a post trying to turn this into a soap opera needs to pipe down. There was no agrument taking place and certainly no one was trying to make someone else leave. People disagree about things and that doesnt mean sides need to be taken. Get over it. [/quote]

Wasn’t trying to attack you, sorry if you felt that way.

Small things have snowballed in the past on here though.

[quote]Nikki9591 wrote:

[quote]Nikki9591 wrote:

[quote]klarbar wrote:

[/quote]

GOD STOP DEFENDING HIM!

haha :)[/quote]

CHOO CHOO!!!

My bad on calling his profile out, maybe i shoulda attended the visualization step of the motivational speaking class you guys attended.

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:

[quote]Nikki9591 wrote:

[quote]Nikki9591 wrote:

[quote]klarbar wrote:

[/quote]

GOD STOP DEFENDING HIM!

CHOO CHOO!!![/quote]

Whoa, you want to run me over with a train?

probably gunna get bashed for this but i dont eat protein. ive gone from 110 lbs to 145 lbs (with muh shoes on) and my bench has skyrocketed from 2 lbs to 17 lbs. i was thinking about eating protein 2-3 times a week. what do you gheys think?

[quote]actionboy wrote:
probably gunna get bashed for this but i dont eat protein. ive gone from 110 lbs to 145 lbs (with muh shoes on) and my bench has skyrocketed from 2 lbs to 17 lbs. i was thinking about eating protein 2-3 times a week. what do you gheys think?[/quote]

I never it protein, dude. Ronnie Coleman doesnt either. Its one of those things everyone says you need but you dont. I survive on Arab Pussy, which has 0 protein.

[quote]Nikki9591 wrote:

[quote]Nikki9591 wrote:

[quote]Nikki9591 wrote:

[quote]klarbar wrote:

[/quote]

GOD STOP DEFENDING HIM!

CHOO CHOO!!![/quote]

Whoa, you want to run me over with a train?
[/quote]

Let’s have Way explain this…since he always goes first in these situations.

[quote]actionboy wrote:
probably gunna get bashed for this but i dont eat protein. ive gone from 110 lbs to 145 lbs (with muh shoes on) and my bench has skyrocketed from 2 lbs to 17 lbs. i was thinking about eating protein 2-3 times a week. what do you gheys think?[/quote]

I never it protein, dude. Ronnie Coleman doesnt either. Its one of those things everyone says you need but you dont. I survive on Arab Pussy, which has 0 protein.[/quote]

hahaha ronnie must have eaten his fair share of arab pussy then.

[quote]actionboy wrote:

[quote]actionboy wrote:

I never it protein, dude. Ronnie Coleman doesnt either. Its one of those things everyone says you need but you dont. I survive on Arab Pussy, which has 0 protein.[/quote]

hahaha ronnie must have eaten his fair share of arab pussy then.

[/quote]

In his prime he would eat at least 10 a day…I read that in a magizine a few weeks ago.