T Nation

Going to Start Working Out Legs

FWIW, if you hit your first leg day with any real intensity/volume you will have trouble walking for the next half week at least. Good on your for training legs! Now if only I could get my shit together…

[quote]hungry4more wrote:

[quote]Hyena wrote:
I don’t get how you guys can do legs so often. I train legs on Monday, and they are still wrecked on Friday, starting to get better on Saturday, and usually FINALLY almost ready on Sunday.

If you do a GOOD leg day, you only do 1 a week out of necessity.[/quote]

Really? On top of regular Marine Corps PT, I usually do 1-2 leg movements 4-5 times per week. I think it’s working pretty well…FWIW this pic was taken today.

[/quote]

I wouldn’t call 1-2 leg movements a “leg day”. My leg days consist of 9-10 leg movements, and I’m in the gym for 3 hours. I’d like to meet anybody who could do that more than once a week.

But to each his own, your legs are pretty good size, so you what you’re doing, and it is working, so keep with it.

[quote]A Ninny Mouse wrote:
FWIW, if you hit your first leg day with any real intensity/volume you will have trouble walking for the next half week at least. Good on your for training legs! Now if only I could get my shit together…[/quote]

YES! Omg, I always forget to warn people what that is like! I’ll never forget, the FIRST week I went to the gym with Akuma, he was on some effing crazy high volume kick, we’re talking a rep scheme of 30-20-10. I had NEVER done a real leg workout before in my life, and the next day, I could barely walk. All the muscle in my legs felt like it was made of fire. I went for a short walk down the street to get the muscles moving, to try and make it better, it took me about 20 minutes to walk out 200ft, and back, every step absolutely killed.

Yea the first time will make you sore for 2 to 7 days most likely haha. But after you get over that DOMS, try 2 days a week and see how you like it.

[quote]Hyena wrote:

[quote]Hyena wrote:
I don’t get how you guys can do legs so often. I train legs on Monday, and they are still wrecked on Friday, starting to get better on Saturday, and usually FINALLY almost ready on Sunday.

Really? On top of regular Marine Corps PT, I usually do 1-2 leg movements 4-5 times per week. I think it’s working pretty well…FWIW this pic was taken today.

[/quote]

I wouldn’t call 1-2 leg movements a “leg day”. My leg days consist of 9-10 leg movements, and I’m in the gym for 3 hours. I’d like to meet anybody who could do that more than once a week.

But to each his own, your legs are pretty good size, so you what you’re doing, and it is working, so keep with it.[/quote]

“Pretty good size” ??

ahha what are you sporting with that sort of arrogance?

I woudlnt call your plan a “leg day” either. Id call it retarded. 3 hours for legs. Please. You better have 27" quads.

[quote]Hyena wrote:

[quote]A Ninny Mouse wrote:
FWIW, if you hit your first leg day with any real intensity/volume you will have trouble walking for the next half week at least. Good on your for training legs! Now if only I could get my shit together…[/quote]

YES! Omg, I always forget to warn people what that is like! I’ll never forget, the FIRST week I went to the gym with Akuma, he was on some effing crazy high volume kick, we’re talking a rep scheme of 30-20-10. I had NEVER done a real leg workout before in my life, and the next day, I could barely walk. All the muscle in my legs felt like it was made of fire. I went for a short walk down the street to get the muscles moving, to try and make it better, it took me about 20 minutes to walk out 200ft, and back, every step absolutely killed.
[/quote]

Yeah, and then walking up stairs is ten times as bad… oops wait we don’t want to scare the OP off lol. It won’t be nearly as bad once you start doing it regularly anyways.

How the hell can you keep up intensity training 9-10 movements, and for 3 hours? Seriously I don’t buy it. When you start squatting well into the 400’s for reps, you’ll do 2 more exercises at a high intensity and you should be pretty wiped out. All that other shit would just seem like decoration exercises. If you do front squats…6 sets of 8…at a high intensity and you did a few straight sets with 365. Now your gonna go on a hack squat machine and really how much weight are you gonna put on there? Your just fatgiuing yourself for no real reason…it’s just unneccsary fatigue accumulating in your muscle which won’t make you stronger necessarily. On another lower body day (back/hams) you can add in some light squats if you like, with RDL’s/stiff legged. The point is to stimulate, don’t annihilate.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

[quote]Hyena wrote:

[quote]Hyena wrote:

[/quote]

But to each his own, your legs are pretty good size, so you what you’re doing, and it is working, so keep with it.[/quote]

“Pretty good size” ??

I woudlnt call your plan a “leg day” either. Id call it retarded. 3 hours for legs. Please. You better have 27" quads. [/quote]

Woah there, lets not knock My leg day. And yes, my legs are just about 30 inches.
Volume vs frequency, to each their own.
And Hyena wasnt trying to be condescending or anything, he’s not very good with compliments.

[quote]Hyena wrote:
[/quote]

Stop giving leg ‘advice’.

[quote]Akuma01 wrote:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

[quote]Hyena wrote:

[quote]Hyena wrote:

[/quote]

“Pretty good size” ??

I woudlnt call your plan a “leg day” either. Id call it retarded. 3 hours for legs. Please. You better have 27" quads. [/quote]

Woah there, lets not knock My leg day. And yes, my legs are just about 30 inches.
And Hyena wasnt trying to be condescending or anything, he’s not very good with compliments.[/quote]

Pretty sure hes a grown up that can speak for himself.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

[quote]Akuma01 wrote:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

[quote]Hyena wrote:

[quote]Hyena wrote:

[/quote]

“Pretty good size” ??

And Hyena wasnt trying to be condescending or anything, he’s not very good with compliments.[/quote]

[/quote]

Yea, but you essentially called my workouts, because they all range from 2-3 hrs, retarded, since he is my training partner, and follows my workouts.

Shit that was said was just taken as not intended. Im not defending him because hes a child or anything, im stepping in because of, like i said, Its MY workout, and 2. I cant say he’s all over this site too often.

[quote]Akuma01 wrote:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

[quote]Akuma01 wrote:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

[quote]Hyena wrote:

[quote]Hyena wrote:

[/quote]

“Pretty good size” ??

[/quote]

Yea, but you essentially called my workouts, because they all range from 2-3 hrs, retarded, since he is my training partner, and follows my workouts.

Shit that was said was just taken as not intended. Im not defending him because hes a child or anything, im stepping in because of, like i said, Its MY workout, and 2. I cant say he’s all over this site too often.[/quote]

I still dont understand why youre speaking for someone else. But since youve brought yourself into this insignificant subject. I think, based on your pictures (and videos I guess), that your whole approach to “bodybuilding” leaves a lot to be desired.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

[quote]Akuma01 wrote:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

[quote]Akuma01 wrote:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

[quote]Hyena wrote:

[quote]Hyena wrote:

[/quote]

“Pretty good size” ??

[/quote]

Shit that was said was just taken as not intended. Im not defending him because hes a child or anything, im stepping in because of, like i said, Its MY workout, and 2. I cant say he’s all over this site too often.[/quote]

I still dont understand why youre speaking for someone else. But since youve brought yourself into this insignificant subject. I think, based on your pictures (and videos I guess), that your whole approach to “bodybuilding” leaves a lot to be desired.

[/quote]

Im not speaking for him. As i said, You criticizing his program is Criticizing MY program, especially calling it retarded. I take offense to that. And now you’re attacking me? lol fantastic.

[quote] Akuma01 wrote:

And Hyena wasnt trying to be condescending or anything, he’s not very good with compliments.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Shit that was said was just taken as not intended. Im not defending him because hes a child or anything, im stepping in because of, like i said, Its MY workout, and 2. I cant say he’s all over this site too often. [/quote]

[/quote]

Im not speaking for him. As i said, You criticizing his program is Criticizing MY program, especially calling it retarded. I take offense to that. And now you’re attacking me? lol fantastic. [/quote]

Are you done? How insecure are you that you cant handle some random person indirectly make a dissenting remark about “your” program? Did you honestly get offended or are you just really bored? Grow up please.

You’re right, im a child. Ill leave.

I still haven’t figured out this hyena character. Guy looks like he started lifting weights 3 months ago and every thread he posts in he ends up calling someone out and acting like he’s top dog.

Jesus Akuma, I figured you’d nip that in the bud since you pretty much have him under your wing.

Let’s not drive another guy who actually knows a thing or two off the boards… Please?

^

Where do ya’ll get those pictures from and how do you post them? I’ve never been able to figure it out and I’ve wanted to be able to for the longest time.

[quote]Fletch1986 wrote:
^

Where do ya’ll get those pictures from and how do you post them? I’ve never been able to figure it out and I’ve wanted to be able to for the longest time.[/quote]

Teh Internets

Results speak for themselves. I think sometimes we tend to get so caught up in our own training methods and philosophy that we become defensive when it’s challenged.

If your leg day lasts 3 hours, good for you. But the question is whether you can perform more than 1 a week, so obviously no one would suggest two of those a week, especially not to a beginner. Hungry4more proved that you can train legs multiple times a week and get excellent results, disproving Hyena’s assertion that you do “1 a week out of necessity”.