Going to Klitshcko/Areolla

[quote]michael2507 wrote:
Seems like Vitali Klitschko made it to the weigh-ins uninjured. Barring an injury during the fight, I don’t see him losing.[/quote]

LOL

And that’s why I don’t bet on heavyweights!

As I like the Klitschkos, I’m happy with the outcome in general.

I do feel kind of bad for Nipples, though. He showed a lot of heart and didn’t seem to be in great trouble in the ten rounds he fought, albeit outclassed. Unless there was some (impending) injury I’m not aware of, they should have let him finish the fight. He would have been the second guy after Timo Hoffmann to go 12 rounds with V.K. Losing on points is one thing, but having to give up so close to the end when seemingly being able to go the distance must be very frustrating.

[quote]michael2507 wrote:
As I like the Klitschkos, I’m happy with the outcome in general.

I do feel kind of bad for Nipples, though. He showed a lot of heart and didn’t seem to be in great trouble in the ten rounds he fought, albeit outclassed. Unless there was some (impending) injury I’m not aware of, they should have let him finish the fight. He would have been the second guy after Timo Hoffmann to go 12 rounds with V.K. Losing on points is one thing, but having to give up so close to the end when seemingly being able to go the distance must be very frustrating.[/quote]

I disagree. It seemed like VK sat back during some of the middle rounds, but by the 9th Areolla was very tired and battered and it looked like Vitali woke up and decided to throw. I don’t think Chris had a chance of winning, but he had a very good chance of getting pummeled, taking unecessary punishment and getting knocked out. He’s young, he doesn’t need that. His reaction and state of mind after the fight was brutal though. Hope this isn’t one of those fights that a guy never seems the same after.

[quote]Pretzel Logic wrote:
His reaction and state of mind after the fight was brutal though. Hope this isn’t one of those fights that a guy never seems the same after.[/quote]

That is basically what I was referring to.

Apart from that, I guess we saw the fight somewhat differently, although I agree with regard to V.K. pacing himself for a few rounds and then getting ready to go in for the kill. What would have happened in the last two rounds will remain speculation, I guess.

I rooted for Vitali in this bout, but, damn, I felt so bad for Arreola after the end…

The guy really loves boxing and his heart was all in this fight.

It looked like all the talk about the best American heavyweight since Riddick Bowe and hopefully the first Hispanic heavyweight champion, was a burden for him - his apology to the fans was really emotional and I suppose he thought he let them down.

I would love to see The Hayemaker getting a title from Valuev and then getting a hard left hook for the count from Arreola.

being live for the fight at staples center was fucking awesome!!!

the venue, my first live pro boxing match i ever went to, and it was a heavyweight title fight featuring two fighters i liked. call me happy!

the undercard was complete shit, but $70 worth of beer and hotdogs, pizza and nachos made the wait for the main event tolerable.

LOTS of my fellow latinos came, and they were loud animated and vocal. also , right behind me was a couple who were Ukrainian, and obviously vocal for VK. but no bad feelings or confrontations, just good fun.

lots of stars were at ringside, the only two I saw were micky rourke, mike tyson, sly, and the governator. funny,. when they announced arnold, everyone booed, when they announced sly stallone, everyone started chanting: “rocky!, rocky!” haha.

k, my asessment of the fight. the one sided beating as evidence by the compubox numbers and all the media reports was not THAT convincing while watching the fight several rows back live. seemed like early first 3 round or so, arreola was coming in hard, and attacking, but getting TAGGED by lots of HARD body shots, hooks and uppercuts. these were shots that even from that distance, visibly snapped his head back, sweat and spit flew, and you could even see his jaw shift horribly. but he never went down, and kept coming forward and pressing.

middle rounds, VK seemed to tire, started leaving BOTH hands down, and seemed like arreola was chasing him, and klit was just running, occasionally he would make chris pay with a little hook or jab, and occasionally he would tie nipples up. maybe 3-4 times, nipples would catch VK with a wild lunging hook, as VK moved straight back(something only someone 6’8" can get away with) but klit did not seemed hurt.

but the during the breaks i would look up at the big screen above the ring, and chris did not seem tired, spirits seemed good, and VK looked old and tired.

I thought by the 6-7 round, chriss might have actually been winning the fight due to aggression.

but i think vk broke his nose around that time, and got a second wind. the 10th was ugly. chris took a beating that round. vk was teeing off on him and tagging his head lots.

i told my girlfriend after that round to watch out “Vitaly is going to knock him out this next round”

and sure enough, arreola’s corner thought the same thing, and stopped the fight then rather than let that happen. that being said, except for the 10th and the first 2-3 rounds, sitting at a distance live it did not seem like chris was taking THAT bad of a beating.

BUT, during the post fight interviews, i watched the overhead big screen and saw the difference in VK’s face and Chris’s,… one looked hardly touched, the other looked like it had been put in a cement mixer.

exiting fight, to capable heavyweights that both came to fight and win. vk, a giant oak of a man, and 38 years old, throwing over 80 punches a round, double the average heavyweight output.

ill post the few pictures i have soon!!!

the few action shots i got, the quality was not good as i dont have a great camera and the distance, so i stopped even trying and concentrated on enjoying watching the fight live.

me and mi mami chula exited about the fight.

last one, for now,

me with vitaly saluting the crowd in the background after his victory.

ok, uno mas…

hah awesome pics heavythrower…

areola got some heart… most men just give up and get paid… he’s just not physically fast enough to overcome that reach advantage by klitchko… he’d have a better chance vs wlad, vitali is just too mentally strong…

good points adarqui, another thing…

people are berating nipples for his looks, lets face it, he is a chubby soft heavyweight, but he was still throwing at round ten, he looked beat up but not horribly tired during his breaks, even in the later rounds. klit actually looked more tired in the middle rounds.

[quote]heavythrower wrote:

people are berating nipples for his looks, lets face it, he is a chubby soft heavyweight, but he was still throwing at round ten, he looked beat up but not horribly tired during his breaks, even in the later rounds. klit actually looked more tired in the middle rounds. [/quote]

vitali definitely looked more tired, but i think that says alot about him… he has no quit in him… he was huffing and puffing since round 2, at some points i’d think damn he’s going to gas but he just kept fighting through it… i don’t think, from seeing his breathing, that there is anyway he was NOT tired… he’s just a beast, and when he regains his true ring conditioning we’re going to see lots of ko’s.

areola, for being fat as he is, was in great condition… he just couldn’t get through that jab / movement of klitchko… dhalsim vs areola.

[quote]heavythrower wrote:

people are berating nipples for his looks, lets face it, he is a chubby soft heavyweight, but he was still throwing at round ten, he looked beat up but not horribly tired during his breaks, even in the later rounds. klit actually looked more tired in the middle rounds. [/quote]

I agree.

I’m glad you had fun man. Can’t wait to get me to a title fight one of these days… one day when I’m not so fucking cheap I’ll get to AC and watch one.