Going to Darfur

Good stuff, but stupid. You are going to a horribly war torn nation where there is no tolerance for westerners. Good luck staying alive. As far as armed/unarmed, it’s always better to be able to go down fighting instead of waving the white flag to decapitation.

[quote]snipeout wrote:
Good stuff, but stupid. You are going to a horribly war torn nation where there is no tolerance for westerners. Good luck staying alive. As far as armed/unarmed, it’s always better to be able to go down fighting instead of waving the white flag to decapitation.[/quote]

My thoughts exactly.

The only problem is that we want to be relatively low-profile (as low as white folks can be…) and like i said there’s not much concealable armament that’ll stand up well against a crew of ak-47 wielding bad guys.

If you can think of anything I’m VERY open to suggestions!

[quote]PRCalDude wrote:
NickRageSkursky wrote:
PRCalDude wrote:
We contacted the UN. They are willing to extract us in case of emergency.

The UN’s covering you. Sounds like there’s nothing to worry about. Those boys in blue helmets mean business.

it’s better than renting camels… unless we got the new model with the armor upgrade…

Uh, actually I’d put a lot more faith in the camels. They can carry a lot of guns, too.

What you really need is advanced warning of when the mujahideen are on their way. The best way to accomplish this is through bribing someone on their local rape/pillage/enslave route who’s a known Muslim that they’ll ignore.

There’s always the chance he’ll double-cross you, take your money, and tell them that you’re there so they can kidnap you for ransom or a little Danny Pearl action, though.

Another idea is to build a backpack sized UAV with a camera and keep it aloft while you’re in the area to watch the roads. If you have it high enough, you can see a pretty long way off. [/quote]

I really like the UAV idea. It wouldn’t be hard to just buy a remote control airplane model and put a small camera on it. Thanks alot.

[quote]NickRageSkursky wrote:
PRCalDude wrote:
NickRageSkursky wrote:
PRCalDude wrote:
We contacted the UN. They are willing to extract us in case of emergency.

The UN’s covering you. Sounds like there’s nothing to worry about. Those boys in blue helmets mean business.

it’s better than renting camels… unless we got the new model with the armor upgrade…

Uh, actually I’d put a lot more faith in the camels. They can carry a lot of guns, too.

What you really need is advanced warning of when the mujahideen are on their way. The best way to accomplish this is through bribing someone on their local rape/pillage/enslave route who’s a known Muslim that they’ll ignore.

There’s always the chance he’ll double-cross you, take your money, and tell them that you’re there so they can kidnap you for ransom or a little Danny Pearl action, though.

Another idea is to build a backpack sized UAV with a camera and keep it aloft while you’re in the area to watch the roads. If you have it high enough, you can see a pretty long way off.

I really like the UAV idea. It wouldn’t be hard to just buy a remote control airplane model and put a small camera on it. Thanks alot.
[/quote]

Probably not:

It’s a much better idea than paying off the slaves of Allah to tell you when the other slaves of Allah will be showing up.

[quote]NickRageSkursky wrote:
snipeout wrote:
Good stuff, but stupid. You are going to a horribly war torn nation where there is no tolerance for westerners.

Good luck staying alive. As far as armed/unarmed, it’s always better to be able to go down fighting instead of waving the white flag to decapitation.

My thoughts exactly.

The only problem is that we want to be relatively low-profile (as low as white folks can be…) and like i said there’s not much concealable armament that’ll stand up well against a crew of ak-47 wielding bad guys.

If you can think of anything I’m VERY open to suggestions![/quote]

Glock 23 with 13 round mags. You could each easily carry 100 rounds. You never know it may be enough to lay down suppressive fire to pull back to a safer area. I personally wouldn’t step foot in a country where warlorda are the law. If you get captured you are as good as dead.

Pistols vs. AKs, huh?

[quote]snipeout wrote:
NickRageSkursky wrote:
snipeout wrote:
Good stuff, but stupid. You are going to a horribly war torn nation where there is no tolerance for westerners. Good luck staying alive. As far as armed/unarmed, it’s always better to be able to go down fighting instead of waving the white flag to decapitation.

My thoughts exactly.

If you can think of anything I’m VERY open to suggestions!

Glock 23 with 13 round mags. You could each easily carry 100 rounds. You never know it may be enough to lay down suppressive fire to pull back to a safer area. I personally wouldn’t step foot in a country where warlorda are the law. If you get captured you are as good as dead.[/quote]

yeah i thought about a glock but i think we’ll need at least one of us to carry something a little bigger.

i was thinking of a p90 as i said. it’s a bullpup so it’s short, fires 9mm fully auto. it shouldn’t be too hard to hide under a loose button down shirt or in a backpack

You need something like this:
http://diydrones.com/video/osd_test-1

[quote]PRCalDude wrote:
You need something like this:
http://diydrones.com/video/osd_test-1

[/quote]

That’s perfect. We could have several minutes warning with that.

[quote]PRCalDude wrote:
Pistols vs. AKs, huh? [/quote]

When you are laying down suppressive fire does it matter what is getting you the hell out of dodge?

[quote]snipeout wrote:
PRCalDude wrote:
Pistols vs. AKs, huh?

When you are laying down suppressive fire does it matter what is getting you the hell out of dodge?[/quote]

If it were me, I’d just try to find a local arms dealer in Chad and buy a pallet of AKs. They’d make great presents for the kids when you leave, too.

[quote]PRCalDude wrote:
snipeout wrote:
PRCalDude wrote:
Pistols vs. AKs, huh?

When you are laying down suppressive fire does it matter what is getting you the hell out of dodge?

If it were me, I’d just try to find a local arms dealer in Chad and buy a pallet of AKs. They’d make great presents for the kids when you leave, too. [/quote]

how would you get them home?

along those lines, if i bought guns and ammo here, how would i get it to africa?

You wouldn’t.

You wouldn’t. Especially going through France.

[quote]PRCalDude wrote:
how would you get them home?

You wouldn’t.

along those lines, if i bought guns and ammo here, how would i get it to africa?

You wouldn’t. Especially going through France. [/quote]

i didn’t think so…

but there has to be some way to ship weapons. how else do rich americans and britts hunt big game in Africa with their own equipment?