Going to Atlanta

What is the best place to take my wife for a good time? We are without the kids and will be there Friday and Saturday Night. I should of done this sooner but just thought about it.

Haha go to Trapeze a crazy as hell swingers club awesome atmosphere, good food, partying and just a good time even if your not into that life style.

You didn’t specify what it is you are looking to do, but food-wise there a few cool places I like.

Meehan’s Irish Pub

The Vortex (Either location)

Fado Irish Pub

Buckhead has lot of bars and restaruants going on as well.

I am looking for fun things to do, and swinging is not one of them.

Go to The Varsity! Lot’s of history there and has great food! Also, try the aquarium.

Northside Tavern has the best live blues music, open every single night, cheap or free. It looks like a dump from the outside, but when you go inside, well…it still looks like a dump. Great music, though. You can also check out the Clermont Lounge (google it).

I’ve been to The Tavern at the Phipps which was cool.

I hear the bars and clubs are where it is at.

Thanks guys for the help. I will check a couple of these places out.

coca cola museum with the kids for sure

She Say and I ate here when we were in Atlanta…nice, quiet…good food and wine…get the fried goat cheese.

[quote]dmaddox wrote:
What is the best place to take my wife for a good time? We are without the kids and will be there Friday and Saturday Night. I should of done this sooner but just thought about it. [/quote]

When are you coming? Email me d…

[quote]mwiersma wrote:
coca cola museum with the kids for sure[/quote]

Ug, I hate the Coca cola museum it’s boring and they are not even honest about their own history. It started with Cocaine, it’s named after cocaine, it had cocaine in it for a long time and nary a mention of it.
The aquarium next door is cool. Also the Atlantic Station nearby is also a cool area.

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]mwiersma wrote:
coca cola museum with the kids for sure[/quote]

Ug, I hate the Coca cola museum it’s boring and they are not even honest about their own history. It started with Cocaine, it’s named after cocaine, it had cocaine in it for a long time and nary a mention of it.
The aquarium next door is cool. Also the Atlantic Station nearby is also a cool area.[/quote]

How do you like the CNN tour? She Say and Sen Jr. liked it when we visited…I’m tougher to please.

The Sundial restaurant on top of the Westin would be a nice place to go for dinner. Not sure if you could still get reservations for dinner, but you could at least go up for drinks and looks out on the city.

Another dinner idea: Empire State South

Activity ideas: hike Stone Mountain, go to Piedmont Park, go to the High Museum, go to qualifying rounds at BB&T Atlanta Open (if tennis fans)

Nightlife: I’m 28. Not sure how old you are. Crescent St in Midtown has a lot of action. Ri Ra is probably the best bar there. There are also more sophisticated bars and clubs within walking distance in every direction from there (mostly on Peachtree between 10th and 14th).

Also, Fado, mentioned above, would be a good choice for something outside of downtown and a bit older of a crowd.

I would skip Clermont Lounge unless you really like holes-in-the-wall. And if you do, you can also check out Johnny’s Hideaway in Buckhead. Really weird place. Like taking a step back in time… (And both of these places allow smoking, just in case you’re ardent non-smokers.)

Well, shit, dmaddox, I’m in Buckhead tonight (been here all week). Flying out tomorrow…

I’m sure your wife would be thrilled to hang out with a total stranger “eDude” from that ‘workout website’.

pat -

Any good gyms where you are?