I Just had my consult with Defy Medical who I can’t say good enough things about, I loved talking to Dr. Calkins, and he seemed incredibly knowledgeable and made me feel quite comfy.
He diagnosed me with primary hypogonadism (I think thats how you say it? It’s the primary one), and given my past history and labs has put me on the following protocol:
Test C 2x 70mg (.35 cc at 200mg/ml) per week (total 140 mg/week)
HCG at test injection time 500 iu 2x/week
Arimidex .125 mg 2x a week on day of injection.
Now, I’m 27, my total test is around 500 ng/dl my free test is 10.4, my E2 is 14.1, SHBG- 38.5, LH 4.2
I posted my full bloodwork the other day so I won’t do so again in this space.
Point being, he noted I have low E2 (it was an ultra sensitive test) 14.2 pg/ml male <11.8-39.8, and said that when we raise free T to 25-low 30s which is his goal–a raise of 300% to my free T could potentially raise my E2 by that much which would put me in the low 40s. He said that the 20s and 30s are my friends but that the 40s and up give many people problems.
My ultimate prescription says .125 mg arimidex 2x a week and to “titrate” and he gave me the symptom list of low E and high E to watch out for those things. So on the one hand common sense says stick to the protocol exactly for the 3 months and then do bloods to assess titration. However, given that he gave me the symptoms of high E to watch for , and that an overwhelming number of folks on this board and others (T Nation for ex) recommend holding off on adex at least until symptoms present (which they dont seemingly for many)–should I wait on the adex especially considering my E2 is so low right now and giving me low symptoms?
It seems from what I read that the common advice is to wait until symptoms present, and for low E2 starting guys like me there’s a good chance they won’t? I could get my own test/E2 bloods done in a month to see how it was going before the 3 month check up. What do you all think? Thanks!