Going From Shots to Androgel

I just went to the Dr to get all my blood work done and my test levels are at 847. He still gave me a script for injectable test cyp but I found out my insurance wont cover that so I opted for the Androgel which they cover 100%.

I just finished up a 10 week cycle of injectable test ethanate so what I was wondering is, should I cycle off the shots before starting up on the androgel? From what I was told I can stay on the gel year round? Also, since my levels are pretty high is it even worth taking?

[quote]Franchize wrote:
I just went to the Dr to get all my blood work done and my test levels are at 847. He still gave me a script for injectable test cyp but I found out my insurance wont cover that so I opted for the Androgel which they cover 100%.

I just finished up a 10 week cycle of injectable test ethanate so what I was wondering is, should I cycle off the shots before starting up on the androgel? From what I was told I can stay on the gel year round? Also, since my levels are pretty high is it even worth taking?[/quote]

Androgel is more expensive than Cyp. Odd they’d do that.

Why do you want your T at 847? That’s too low. Shoot for 1200 (see TC’s column).

The Test in the gels aroms to E more readily than injectible. Why would you want that?

Check your E2 with the ‘Ultrasensitive Test’ (you have to insist on it). Keep E2 in the 20s.

I’d rather pay for Cyp than have Androgel given to me.

My 2 cents…

T cyp is actually dirt cheap from Sam’s with a Business membership, or I have been told from Costco with a regular membership.

Cost for 100mg/wk is around $100 per year. Syringes are cheap. Just pay out of pocket. Might be cheaper than co-pays on transdermals.

Labcorp’s serum E2 test works well.

Most info about TRT is, drum roll…, on the ‘over 35 lifter’ forum.

I started with the shots, then went to the androgel for about a year. Now i am back on the shots, and I dont think i will ever use the gel again. The shots have been much better for me. My insurance really doesn’t cover the shots (till i meet my deductible) but it still only cost me less than 50 bucks a month, which i think is worth every penny.

Oh, and to answer your question, just start with the gel when you get it. I did it, had no problems. The gel is such a small mg per day that it wont alter or effect anything left in your body from the shot.