Going For It Log

after all my research on here, and all the go aheads from people on here I am going for it! I will be 35 in a couple of weeks and I intend to train seriously for the next five years to compete in a bodybuilding show of some sort. Iam starting out at 195lbs.I am currently doing a split system routine. 5-6 days a week. low cardio 15-20 before each training session.

I am trying to follow the get big diet I found on here in which I will be consuming aprrox. 3800 cals/day. 640 from protein,960 from fat,and 2240 carbs. In addition I will be supplementing with Metabolic Drive,and creatine.I will also be displaying hard work and dedication to this goal in order to achieve better wellness along my journey.

Here is a horrible starting picture to evaluate my progress and motivate me as I go. With that said this is the start of my thread.

[quote]dougefresh wrote:
after all my research on here, and all the go aheads from people on here I am going for it! I will be 35 in a couple of weeks and I intend to train seriously for the next five years to compete in a bodybuilding show of some sort. Iam starting out at 195lbs.I am currently doing a split system routine. 5-6 days a week. low cardio 15-20 before each training session.I am trying to follow the get big diet I found on here in which I will be consuming aprrox. 3800 cals/day. 640 from protein,960 from fat,and 2240 carbs. In addition I will be supplementing with Metabolic Drive,and creatine.I will also be displaying hard work and dedication to this goal in order to achieve better wellness along my journey.Here is a horrible starting picture to evaluate my progress and motivate me as I go. With that said this is the start of my thread.[/quote]
here is a side pic.

Good luck.

Good luck & welcome!
Train hard…

Best of luck to you buddy!

5’ 9" and 195lbs and you don’t look all that far out of condition. I think that with a good plan you could prob compete in 2-3 years around 225-230 lbs and look like a monster. Best of luck to you.

[quote]Defekt wrote:
Good luck.[/quote]

thanks greatly appreciate it.

[quote]soldog wrote:
Good luck & welcome!
Train hard…[/quote

]thanks for the welcome.I will def. train hard.focus,focus,focus!

[quote]skidmark wrote:
5’ 9" and 195lbs and you don’t look all that far out of condition. I think that with a good plan you could prob compete in 2-3 years around 225-230 lbs and look like a monster. Best of luck to you.[/quote]

thanks for the pep talk bro. I will see where I am in 2-3 years i do believe I have good genetics. at 35 it may take longer not sure.

I have been training for 4weeks so far ready to buckle down and hit it hard. I started out with high reps med sets a month ago.9 sets per body part each set 15-20 reps. did this for two cycles. then went with the same sets with 12-15 reps increasing weights on the lifts each time. just now upping to 12 sets with 10-12 reps each set.

starting to def. see more of a pump in my body. especially when working out. today was my off day as my daughter just got down here for spring break. tomorrow I will be on my second cycle of 10-12 reps/set legs and abs. can/t wait to get back in there.

[quote]dougefresh wrote:
skidmark wrote:
5’ 9" and 195lbs and you don’t look all that far out of condition. I think that with a good plan you could prob compete in 2-3 years around 225-230 lbs and look like a monster. Best of luck to you.

thanks for the pep talk bro. I will see where I am in 2-3 years i do believe I have good genetics. at 35 it may take longer not sure.
[/quote]

35 to 45 is prime muscle-building years, in my opinion. Metabolism is slow enough to let you keep the food you eat on your frame and you also have the discipline to follow a plan by yourself. It can happen really quickly if you’re consistent.

[quote]skidmark wrote:
dougefresh wrote:
skidmark wrote:

35 to 45 is prime muscle-building years, in my opinion. Metabolism is slow enough to let you keep the food you eat on your frame and you also have the discipline to follow a plan by yourself. It can happen really quickly if you’re consistent.[/quote]
at 18 i had an awesome trainer who taught me the things i Know now but back then things came easy. just didn’t follow through. now it makes sense because back then he was a bb a 40. and if you train for a long period of time you learn what your body responds to. and I think this style of hypertrophy training does work. so with prime muscle-building years from 35-45 I should set the bar! let me bring it!

Welcome. I was going to list the athletic accomplishments of people over 35 to inspire you but the list is just too long. My only suggestion. Your goal is to compete in 5 years. I’d break that into a series of more short term goals to get there. May help with getting burned out or loosing sight of the prize. Good to have some of you youngsters with us. Look forward to your posts.

felt really good in the gym today. felt pretty strong with my legs today. slowly getting my youth strength back and today made some good strides. improved over each exerise by 10 pounds . these include squats,leg press,step-ups,donkey calf raises,seated calf raises. abs went with garhammer raises,cable crunch, serratus crunch.tomorrow is chest,shoulders,triceps. hope to see same amount of progress with these lifts. especially reverse grip bench the triceps love this one.

Best of luck, and welcome!!!

chest,shoulders,and triceps today.chest and shoulders were great workouts today triceps get a little fatigued when i got to them. chest was bench,incline dbell press,and decline db press.shoulders were db press, lateral raises, and front raises.triceps were close grip bench,reverse grip bench,and pressdowns.

12 sets per body group.10-12 reps each set. also 15 min. of cardio. to warm up. will post some new pics this weekend. tomorrow back,and biceps. hope to improve my back training.