Going Down Fighting!

Thanks mate, it wasn’t too bad, nothing too hard, just freaking hot, haha, seems like it been scorching forever here this summer.

1 Like

I’m so jealous, the weather here is grim. Summers approaching though might get 2-3 good days, haha

1 Like

Took it fairly easy today, nothing serious. Haven’t lifted since last Sunday, felt tired as fuck early in the week,then runny nose and blocked head, ears are still blocked and a horrible noise in them, more than the normal ringing i have, grrr!

Squats
20kg x5
60kg x3
100kg x3
140kg x3
180kg x3

SSB Squats
100kg x8 x8 x8
I love this SSB , def a unique feel from it, so light and easy but puffing like a mad man

Hip Belt Squats
80kg x8 x8 x8 slow and paused

Standing BB Calf Fluff
100kg x30 x30 x30

SSB Good Mornings
60kg x6 x6 x6 paused
Haven’t done these in years, just testing the waters, much more comfortable with the SSB

Romanian Deads
100kg x8 x8 x8 paused

6 Likes

Good to see you back lifting and posting on here. I had a cold last week too…if fkng sucks

1 Like

Thanks big fella, my head’s still clogged like crazy and my ears ringing like a bell! I bought some stuff today to dry it all up, let’s hope it works!

1 Like

That was me last weekend. Luckily i has a repeat of some antibiotics I hadn’t used up so I dosed myself up. Managed to get through the week and not miss any training which was deff a win

1 Like

It sort of worked out alright, was flat out with work anyway, had a staff meeting one night, then first aid another, and all sorts of other shit going on. A few days missed is no biggie

1 Like

I didn’t mean to pass the germs along. Sorry. Get well mate.

1 Like

Sunday Bench. Public Holiday tomorrow, woo hoo!

Bench
20kg x5
40kg x5
60kg x5
80kg x5
100kg x5
120kg x3 got pinned to the bench on 4th rep

Incline DB Press
35kg x8 x8 x8

Parallel Bar Dips
+20kg x8 x8 x8

Floor BB Pullovers
30kg X10 X10 X10

Landmine Press
40kg x15 x15

Then a heap of ab stuff

4 Likes

Ohh you’re human :slight_smile:
How about the cold? over it?

1 Like

Haha, thanks mate. It’s pretty much gone,ears are still a little blocked, and one has a howling in it, grrr

2 Likes

That’s annoying, hope you’ll be over it soon.
Btw all you guys downunder seems to be getting sick, isn’t it summer down there?
It should be us poor souls with the cold, the rain, the wind, the no sun stuff that’s supposed to be ill.

1 Like

Yeah just the end of summer, it usually stays fairly hot for March and still quite warm till end of April here, last year just before Easter we still had over 30.

1 Like

Did you have safetys or wriggle out !!

Always bench in my rack so it hits the safeties when I cock it up.

2 Likes

Public Holiday Deadlifts.
Easy one for dead’s today, have a niggling slight pull in my back.
Have done a shit load of walking again lately, usually 3 k’s in the morning and 2.5 -3 k’s at night, feels good now it’s not so freaking hot outside!

Deads
70kg x5
110kg x5
150kg x5
190kg x5

Bent Over Row
110kg x6 x6 x6

BB Shrugs
110kg X10 X10 X10

Straight Arm Lat Pulldown
20kg x8 x8 x8 slow and paused

Seated Cable Row
50kg x8 x8 x8 slow and paused

Inverted Row
BW X 10 X10 X10

Then some abs

7 Likes

Amazing how similar all programs end up looking. Just minor this and that differences really

2 Likes

Still smashing it Luc. Seems there’s a cold going around T nation… I pinpoint it to either simo or hog as the culprit - the source of the plague spreading lol. Keep killing it big fella!

4 Likes

Its crazy how walking can make you fatigued. The heat prob isnt helpin your cause! lol

1 Like

Alrighty, have changed my days around a bit, dropping to 4 instead of 5, will hit main lifts @531 percentages and other fluff tacked on which has worked quite well.

OH Press
20kg x5
30kg x5
40kg x5
50kg x5
60kg x5
65kg x5
67.5kg x5
shit felt heavy today!

Arnold Press
20kg x6 x6 x6 x6

Side Laterals