T Nation

Going Down Fighting!

Nothing wrong with a hot misses, good on ya

She’s working on it :grinning:, and doing bloody well actually.
She’ll be freaking hot on Thursday, hottest day on record predicted! :open_mouth:

Speed hurts me. I get all these litttle tweaky feelings like my muscles are turning upside down or tearing out if I explode. Does speed work ever mess with you?

Haha not really, I’ve practised bracing and power out of the hole for a long time. Basically visualise that the light weight is heavy as fuck, with dead’s it’s tense in position, squeeze and it flies up, squats I like to pause in the hole with lighter weights while braced and it flies back up

You probably want to address this before something going pop.

Fluff Day today,and turned 41! No birthday squat challenge in 42*C heat!

OH Press
20kg x5
30kg x5
40kg x5
50kg x5 x5 x5

Arnold Press
15kg x8 x8 x8 x8

DB Side Laterals
15kg x8 x8 x8 x8

Behind Back BB Shrugs
90kg x12 x12 x12 x12

Rear Delt Cable Row
20kg x15 x15 x15

Front to Side Laterals or have seen it called crucifix raise or something
5kg X10 X10 x10

W Press
5kg x8 x8 x8

Happy birthday mate!

Happy birthday old man, didn’t realise you were so young :wink:

Happy birthday my friend :slight_smile:

Thanks fellas, @simo74 @MarkKO @mortdk
I’m tossing up between buying myself a safety squat bar or deadlift bar for my birthday, hmm.
The black oxide Oly power bar I have is awesome, has nice aggressive knurling that I love, but has very little whip.
I love squats, and know the SSB punishes the quads, good for solo squat sessions or add in as part of squat session, or dedicated pulling bar, guaranteed use once or twice a week :partying_face:

Buy deadlift bar. Squat with it. Profit

Happy birthday!

Happy Birthday mate…
Maybe buy an air-con for the gym? Lol

Get the safety squat bar. I have both a SSB and a deadlift bar. We hardly use the deadlift bar because it makes the lift super easy. If I had it to do over again I would get a duffalo bar or a spider bar.

You would get more variation out of the duffalo bar by being able to press and squat with it. The SSB is a must have for any gym. A real game changer for the squat

Oh happy birthday

SSB bar

Thanks @duketheslaya @losthog @painter27

@painter27 My garage is where my gym is, it’s under the main roof of the house and gets some flow from the the house air con, but …this arvo! A dedicated air con wouldn’t be such a silly idea

That’s… Fucking terrifying.
How do you cope with squats and DLs when it’s that hot?

Haha, no lifts today, did yesterday when it was 42, but today was ridiculous! It’s still farkin 44 now after 8pm! Today was a record temp apparently for Adelaide 47.7, which is just stupid, the old dears place had 49.5 :thinking:
It’s all heading Melbourne’s way

Yep we have 44 here tomorrow at 3pm and then it will drop to 28 by 6pm