Going Down Fighting!

Damn mate, were having around 0C up here, sun is shining, it hasn’t really for the last couple of weeks, so we’ve been living in semi darkness.
Oh I miss summer :slight_smile: One should live 6 month on each side of the world.
My friend (a Kiwi) has a 21 year old son who has been in NZ last winter, this summer he was back in DK, left late autumn and went back to NZ, and headed to AUS Melbourne a couple of weeks ago. Living the life of a youngster sounds great.

1 Like

Happy Christmas mate, hope you and the family have a great break.

1 Like

@simo74 you too mate, enjoy the time off.
As for the Mrs and I,we both get 6 weeks off. Already a week and bit into it, don’t go back until near end of Jan

2 Likes

That beats my 2 days for sure. My missed only works 1 day a week from home so no real break needed for her. I have a week off in January to go camping with the kids and some friends, really looking forward to that.

2 Likes

Alrighty,it’s been freaking hot here this last week,last few days over 41*C, and hasn’t dipped below about 38 for ages it seems!
So sorry for the vid in my jocks but my garage is a sweat box, even with the door open and the a/C from the house blowing through!

Fluff Day Today,

Deads
20kg x5
70kg x3
110kg x3
150kg x3
190kg x3
210kg x3 popped up easily,felt good!

Arnold Press
15kg x12 x12 x12 x12

Side Laterals
15kg X10 X10 X10 x10

Rear Delt Cable Row
30kg x8 x8 x8 x8

Rear Delt Fly to front and side raise
5kg X10 X10 x10

EZ Bar Curls
30kg x12 x12 x12 x12

Seated DB Curls
15kg X10 X10 X10 x10

Cable Curls
20kg x20 x20 x20

8 Likes

In the US they got flags all over their gyms but seeing an Aussie flag seems out of place

2 Likes

Haha, so true, I’m no patriotic nutcase, but hey, we’re all Aussie :+1: It was in my classroom and when I moved schools instead of chucking it I brought it home.

2 Likes

…amd guns

2 Likes

And extra large servings of freedom

2 Likes

Happy new year Luc. New year of PRs coming right up

1 Like

Great DL :slight_smile:
Happy New Year Mate, any fluffy goals for 2019

1 Like

Alrighty,bit of an unplanned week off,Xmas and New Year’s combined with a ton of work around the house, and out the back in this ridiculous freaking heat, nudging 40 most days with a heap over 40*C wrecked me. Along with a week full of very shit sleep I didn’t lift, ah well!
I planned on being good on New Year’s, until some bigger busted out some very delicious Fijian Rum Liqueur and Honey Whiskey that all went down a treat! Needless to say I had a self inflicted virus New Year’s Day!

I forgot about the Virtual Lifting Meet, fuck it, not keen on testing absolute maxes at the moment, have pulled something in my neck (probably all the Standing on a ladder looking up while painting) and pulled my elbow (digging and moving earth).
Might do it later on in the month for my own shits and giggles.

Squats
20kg x5
60kg x5
100kg x5
140kg x5
180kg x8 rep PB
could have nailed 10 easily, was in a tank top and sweating like a pig in my hot garage and the bar was slipping badly!

Standing BB Calf Fluff
140kg x20 x20 x20 x20

Landmine Hip Belt Squats
80kg x8 x8 x8 x8 slow and paused

Donkey Calf Raise
60kg x20 x20

Cable Pull Throughs X heaps
I really feel these! Light and slow!

Landmine Russian Twist X heaps

Standing Band Crunch X heaps

So, a year on, I’m still getting used to all the fluff and not just hitting main lifts, or what will help them etc. The Mrs has commented on how I look a few times which is big for her, haha, so I must be looking different

6 Likes

180 x 8 is very good mate. And I know what you mean about the heat and the slippery bar. You need to chalk your shoulders and hands.

1 Like

Haha, yep,hands are always chalked for squats,just not shoulders, I like the fight :grinning:
The heats been fucked hey, not sure what it’s like over your way but here’s been shit, and I don’t mind the heat, haha. Today’s a bit cooler but house is still not, even with air con still on, hasn’t been off in days.

Fuark beast mode

1 Like

More like sweaty and hairy old man mode :+1:

1 Like

Welcome to Melbourne today’s weather
7:00am it was 19 C (66 F)
12:00 midday it was 39 C (102 F)
15:00 is was 42 C (107 F)
16:00 it was 42 C (107 F)
16:14 it was 31C (87 F)
18:00 it is expected to be 23 C (73 F)
21:00 it is expected to be 19 C (66 F)

2 Likes

Haha, that’s Melbourne for ya, everything in 1 day hey.
I just looked up our weather for past 24 hours, at 7pm last night it was still 40.8 and 3am this morning 34.7*C. Haha, no wonder I can’t bloody sleep properly.

The winds are changing

2 Likes

The Mrs came in and lifted with me for a bit, I got fairly distracted,I’m still like a teenager chasing her around, haha. She’s been on a health kick for a while, lost a heap of weight, has been walking alot with me too, but she’s giving light weights a crack while on holidays.

Anyway, today

Standing BB OH Press
20kg x8
30kg x8
40kg x8
50kg x8
60kg x8

DB Press
40kg x6 x6 x6 x6 slow and steady

Close Grip Bench /reverse band
100kg x8
110kg x8