Going Crazy, Don't Want to Give Up on This Diet

You can only cut for so long before progress halts. Why not try going on maintenance for a few weeks to renormalize and then resume cutting?

Also check out this:

I don’t really want to talk about intermittent fasting but I’ll just say maybe rethink that idea as well.

This is like 5’4 and 125 lb

1 Like

it’s not the scale I wanted to get to 10% and keep it there from now on. I wanted to lean bullet 10% making adjustments up down to maintain that while building muscle. I dont wanna bulk and put fat on. so at 12.5 I’ve made a huge change, but I’m shy of my goals. but that still this transition to lean bulk from cut…I do 30 min cardio everyday…delete the cardio? add 100 call a week? and sorry didnt mean to ignore you.

I look very similar but flat.stomach no 6 pack bumps

the intermittent is actually not planned it’s just what I do. fasted cardio in the am I dont eat until 12 but I’m changing to lean bulking once I figure out what to do at the moment. cardio in the am weight training in the PM. I don’t know what I’ll do with the cardio maybe 30 min eod.

How seasoned are you ?

So again, it’s the number that matters, not how you look?

24 years on and off. never a cutting guy never did cardio.

to answer your question I can tell I’m above 10%

This actually isn’t answering my question at all.

1 Like

If you really want to hate yourself go get a dexa scan.

2 Likes

@SkyzykS thanks for the tag!

@shaunsr - can you please post some pics of your current physique? That would help quite a bit.

I have a similar build to you. 5’4", my stage weight is around 140lbs, right now I’m mid contest prep and 156.2lbs this morning with a visible 6 pack, I don’t know what my body fat is and truthfully I don’t care and it doesn’t matter, all that matters is the look. SO, one question I have for you is what is up with your obsession about the 10% mark? I guess a lot of folks shoot for the ever illusive “10%” number, but really, they just want a look. If you got to 10% on your scale you use and didn’t have the look you want, would it matter? Would you want to keep going?

My first recommendation is to focus on the mirror and your physique goals, and not necessarily a body fat number.

Now moving on to other items - you talk about your calories. Are you weighing all of your food on a scale every day, counting macros and know beyond a shadow of a doubt you’re getting the exact calories you say you are? I would be willing to bet you are not weighing every meal. That being said - can you provide a detailed log of your daily food intake, meals, etc.?

Just my .02, my assessment is you’re eating more than you think. Post your food, physique pics, answer my above questions and happy to continue providing some insight for you.

Depending on how much muscle you have you probably need to keep going. “Hidden but flat…”, it just means you’ve got fat and its more than you think. Having fuller, rounder muscle bellies certainly helps see them a bit at higher body fat levels, but you’ve got more fat to lose than you think. Genetically everyone holds their fat differently, so if you’re not happy with your abs you need to keep losing fat.

You don’t need to do this, just my .02, timing is irrelevant and IF on a super cut is a bad idea. Space out your meals, you’ll feel better.

If you REALLY are eating cals that low, avoid fasted cardio, it could lead to muscle loss.

Can you post your workout in detail please?

Not enough detail. Reps, sets please.

Just my .02, I don’t think either of these statements are accurate.

Again just my opinion here, you should NOT be thinking about steroids, at all. You have lightyears of progress to make in learning how to eat and train properly first.

Pics please?

6 Likes

This. (It’s always this.)

2 Likes

ugh…I weight my food on a food scale. I’m anal as fuck. I’m losing weight everyday still. i know your trying to help but that’s alot of shit to type. and i would put all that up and pics but it seems like so many people here are “cant” people and so quick to be judgemental and negative. I can tell you my abs are just like yours. flat. you have flat abs like that. I’m 12.5 % bodyfat. I know mu calories exactly. my training is intense. I am running that cycle in a week and It sure wouldn’t be my first. all I wanted to know was the transition if I could still lose bodyfat while…

oh forget it. this is exhausting. I’ll do it my way and itll probably work. everything else has. I went from 21% to 12.5% in 10 weeks. I’m now on 11. I only planned to do 8. the ever illusive abs that are just the “flat type” I was chasing. sides of my torso have cuts and lines. but I just have flat abs

Oh! Well there’s the problem.

You’re putting it in the wrong end!

rimshot

7 Likes

Not much for self-awareness, huh?

Agreed.

Yeah, in retrospect we never should have made this thread and bothered you in the first place.

9 Likes
2 Likes

Ungrateful prick.

7 Likes

If your abs are flat you could try heavier, more intense ab work to grow them.

It’s the future now, people do Serious “core work” now. Crunches before a 15 minute jog is straight 90s stuff!

OP, sincere question: where can I acquire the level of confidence you appear to have whereby I can tell contest winning physique competitors like @robstein they have flat abs and walking anatomy maps like @EyeDentist that you don’t need their help to get lean?

6 Likes