Going a Bit Downhill After 2 Weeks on TRT

Your body was damaged from low T. Once levels are back up your body can finally start using it to repair tissues and all the damage. This obviously does not happen over night. Once these things are finally repaired they will be able to start working correctly again. I believe You lose androgen receptors throughout your body the longer you are low and have no job for them to do. So these receptors all need to grow back and come out of hibernation whatever the case may be. You need to just give it time.

When cycling it takes the same 6 weeks for levels ti become stable and the body to be stable and able to use the hormones most efficiently. So 12 weeks means 6 weeks of slightly better performance then 6 weeks of stable great performance. Someone correct me if i am wrong

The standard cycle used to be 6 weeks, because you go go off and restart naturally after that duration. Now it’s 12 - 16 weeks. There are PCT drugs available now that were not known or accessible then. The number of weeks for a cycle has more to do with negative sides at high dose and need for PCT. Some guys never come off.

1 Like

Trt is not a overnight fix.It takes 3-4 months for many to feel good. Until then you are asking for a rarity to occur. Some feel great within 2 months.

If after 3 months you feel fatigued, then it is either because your doc isn’t doing a good job or your thyroid is out of sorts. E2 could be higher or lower than the body likes. This is why self therapy and not having proper knowledge before starting trt is a bad thing. Folks do self treat with success but it is not easy. Those with patience always win in the end.

This is why my doc says “most never stick with TrT successfully because tney are impatient. It takes months.” So his master sales pitch is th “give me 3-4 months guy”.

It is the nature of the beast. Spend years with low t and we expect our body to be perfect with a few shots. It takes Test time to effect the body and change chemistry. Until then make sure you trust your provider and stop second guessing.

I have a question for you do you believe that there is such a thing called idiopathic low testosterone? Meaning doctors do not know why a certain persons testosterone plummeted out of nowhere?

Happens all the time and majority of men have this issue. We have an idea of why, but there is no cure or reversal. Once the Petuitary or the testes malfunction you are kind of screwed.

Other reasons are medicine. Quality of life. Stress. Obesity. Diabetes. Cancer. List goes on.

For some of these it is reversible if caught fast enough. For example you can lower T with ssri or opiates. Stop soon enough and it should recover the system.

Little late as a few people have said what I would have responded also.

On this question though, no I do not think that most cases low T is not the problem. I do believe a lot of cases though it is not the sole problem, be it vitamin deficiencies, thyroid etc. I also believe that even those who get to “normal” levels, where they’re at may not be necessarily good from them and will take some experimenting and investigation. Just trying to get in the lab ranges doesn’t work and takes patience to find what works for you.

1 Like

Good words of wisdom I agree