Goddamn New Math...

Hey peoples.

So yes, before you ask, I’ve not been lazy (though genetically disposed to such) – having read the stickies. Several times over.

That being said…

The Doc has me on HCG 50 units at 2x week (Sun, Wed). I am, following the KSman’s advice, switching to EOD. Not to be dense, but the back of my envelope tells me:

1. 50 units 2x per week
  2. Equals 100 units a week
  3. Roughly 14 units a day

==> hitting me at the magic number of 28 units EOD.

And since he has me at 1mg Anastrozole tab 2x per week, any hints here? I have a pill-cutter, thought it seems others journeying before me have issues making pills into littler pills.

And yes, I am on the CostCo sized 200mg/week regime … I will be pinning 2x a week (100mg per dose).

I’ve followed KSman’s advice and ordered up some more labs tests. I will post my log once I get that going.

Your hCG doses do not make sense. Do not confuse hCG iu’s with insulin iu’s which is a volume.

If the hCG is mixed to 1000iu/ml and you take “50” on the syringe, that would be 500iu. The suggested 250iu EOD in the stickies is a bit less than 1000iu/week. Twice a week is stretching the half life a bit, but it will get the job done.

T dose is wrong, suggest that you get stable at the recommended protocol. If you get TT=2000, doc will probably reduce your dose and that would not feel good and then E2 levels are up for grabs all over again. And the high T dose may create high hematocrit, then you have to reduce dose.

Anastrozole dose is appropriate for your T dose, but see above.

Hey KSman.

Thanks for the reply.The hCG bottle says 5000 IU, I mixed with 5ML of bacteriostatic water.

I’m supposed to take 50 units of that twice weekly.

Can you help me with the math?.

I’m sort of retarded. It appears.

[quote]IareChaz wrote:
Hey KSman.

Thanks for the reply.The hCG bottle says 5000 IU, I mixed with 5ML of bacteriostatic water.

I’m supposed to take 50 units of that twice weekly.

Can you help me with the math?.

I’m sort of retarded. It appears. [/quote]

You’re so close you can taste it.

Ok you’ve got a 5000IU vial and you’ve added 5ML of bacstat water. You’ve now created a solution of 1000IU hCG/1ML. Success!

I think your doctor, in trying to be helpful, has told you to inject “50 Units” and you’re using a standard insulin syringe, yes? Ok, so if you have a insulin syringe that only goes to “50” that is .5mL.

He’s saying inject 500IU of hCG twice a week.

I’ve experimented with 2x/week, 500IU/day the two days before my Cyp, Tues/Thurs/Sat, you name it I’ve tried it. I like to spread it out a bit and mostly I stick to Tues/Thurs/Sat and I inject ~335IU, or 33.5 units, or .35mL on those days.

Beautiful.

With all this pinning, I might eventually move into the Voodoo Doll field.