God of War III, Just Cause 2 or Killzone 2

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]Hellfrost wrote:
Get God of War 3

Story Recap;

I disagree. I do not think someone can grasp the full scope of what they did with this character or series by just playing GOWIII.

Games like Assassin’s Creed though I agree with. You could play the second one and never feel the need to play the first because of how much of an improvement there was between the two games.[/quote]

X 2 Also a lot of games are changing the concepts of the games or the fight engines etc. Games like Uncharted 1 and 2 are an example. 1 was okay, the fight engine sucked but the concept was cool. in 2 better graphics and fight engine so really people didnt need to play the first one. In GOW this is a true series and you are doing yourself a dis-service by not playing from 1-3.

[quote]Hellfrost wrote:
Get God of War 3

Story Recap;

I disagree. I do not think someone can grasp the full scope of what they did with this character or series by just playing GOWIII.

Games like Assassin’s Creed though I agree with. You could play the second one and never feel the need to play the first because of how much of an improvement there was between the two games.[/quote]

I am picking up the game in an hour so I can’t comment on GoW III story line, but I played the second one almost 3 years ago when it came out. I don’t remember every specific detail that went on from the first and second game (The story recap was a good memory jog). I think if the OP would play just the second one, it would be enough footing of the story line to get started with the third one.

[quote]Hellfrost wrote:

[quote]Hellfrost wrote:
Get God of War 3

Story Recap;

I am picking up the game in an hour so I can’t comment on GoW III story line, but I played the second one almost 3 years ago when it came out. I don’t remember every specific detail that went on from the first and second game (The story recap was a good memory jog). I think if the OP would play just the second one, it would be enough footing of the story line to get started with the third one.[/quote]

?>?

The game is linear. In fact, they do a good bit of flashbacks from the first and second because events WERE significant. People he killed in the last two games show back up in hell in this game.

I could see if the plot was so much different, but he is on the same path.

Why tell people the first two aren’t necessary with that in mind?

[quote]Hellfrost wrote:

[quote]Hellfrost wrote:
Get God of War 3

Story Recap;

I am picking up the game in an hour so I can’t comment on GoW III story line, but I played the second one almost 3 years ago when it came out. I don’t remember every specific detail that went on from the first and second game (The story recap was a good memory jog). I think if the OP would play just the second one, it would be enough footing of the story line to get started with the third one.[/quote]

?>?

The game is linear. In fact, they do a good bit of flashbacks from the first and second because events WERE significant. People he killed in the last two games show back up in hell in this game.

Why tell people the first two aren’t necessary with that in mind?[/quote]

Spoiler Warning

Although the part where he killed his family comes back and haunts him throughout the first and second game. The second game is where I believe when he becomes the god of war and Zeus kills him is where the real story begins. The first one was mostly him wondering around being tormented that he killed his family and looking for a way to stop the nightmares. The second one is where he starts taking revenge for when Zeus killed him.

The cliffhanger on the second one where Kratos brings the titans back to invade Olympus will be what the third story will most likely revolve around. I am just speculating though.

I have Just Cause 2, unreal game, very fun. I would recommend it over those, unless you’ve played all GOW series.

[quote]Hellfrost wrote:

[quote]Hellfrost wrote:
Get God of War 3

Story Recap;

?>?

Im with Prof X on this you got to play all 3 fuck just playing the 2 on PS3(which you can get the first 2 games for 20bucks on craigslist). To understand the ending and Kratos as a Character it is IMPERATIVE to play the previous games. If you cant then just go get Just Cause 2 or something

[quote]optheta wrote:

[quote]Hellfrost wrote:

[quote]Hellfrost wrote:
Get God of War 3

Story Recap;

?>?

Im with Prof X on this you got to play all 3 fuck just playing the 2 on PS3(which you can get the first 2 games for 20bucks on craigslist). To understand the ending and Kratos as a Character it is IMPERATIVE to play the previous games. If you cant then just go get Just Cause 2 or something
[/quote]

Ok. I’ll be cautious and order the first two to begin with. Just hoping this doesn’t mean that by the time I’ve got to the third one, that I’ll be bored with the whole game/style. I might play the first two now, give it a little time before getting the third one second hand on the cheap.

Many thanks for the advice guys.

PS. Just bought Just Cause 2. Sticking it in straight after I finish Uncharted 2 (which is so good it is unholy)