T Nation

God of War II

Here is the lock for the T-Nation Game of the Year - I’ll match Kratos against all comers:

http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/811/811719/vid_1891511.html

Gaming experiences don’t get any better than this. Finally some action for my PS3 which has been lying dormant for the last two months.

“The God’s of Olympus have abandoned me.”

I’m just glad it will be on PS2. I loved the first one. The ONLY downside was that it was too short.

And out comes my inner nerd! I can’t freaking wait for this game to come out. I loved the first one, easily my favorite game of all time. I agree, it was kind of short though, especially when I could not put the freakin’ controller down.

IGN has already put up a full review, scoring a whopping 9.7 on a 10 point scale. Not that I always agree with reviewers…

I am jacked to see this game coming out soon. The first game is in my top ten games of all time, probably even top five.

Kind of cool that this and 300 are also coming out right about the same time (Kratos was formerly a Spartan general).

March 13th can’t get here fast enough…

It’s getting fantastic reviews all across the board:

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/932295.asp

The movie “300” looks awesome also.

I picked it up after work yesterday. Just as good as the first one.

This game is the shit.

errr why did i buy a 360,good thing i kepy my ps2 around, GOW was my favourite game for ps2, hopefully this one will be a bit longer, but none the less the entire game was breathtaking

This Game Kicked ass. I just beat it. Now im working on God Mode, then Titian mode. Kratos is better and stronger then ever.

The best game of the year

[quote]Sharifwissa wrote:
This Game Kicked ass. I just beat it. Now im working on God Mode, then Titian mode. Kratos is better and stronger then ever.

The best game of the year[/quote]

Excellent - I love Kratos

[quote]Sharifwissa wrote:

The best game of the year[/quote]

I’m picking it up this weekend. I don’t know about God or Titan mode though. I ended up breaking a remote on GOWI on God level fighting the Hydra. I heard Titan mode is sadistically hard.

Hey, I heard rumors that Sony is coming out with a GOW movie. Who would you put in the lead…how about Professor X?

I’ve literally been playing this game every chance I get since Tuesday evening (hence why I haven’t posted much in a couple days).

So far I beat it on Spartan, achieved Titan rank in the Challenge of the Titans, and unlocked the Arena of the Fates, a few of the bonus costumes and three of the urns. I started a game on Titan mode tonight.

I’m a huge nerd.

Yea, I heard there making a movie, but I heard that there thinking of getting ven desel to play Kratos…I hope not, but we will see.

Great game.

But game of the year? Come this fall I would have to go with HALO 3.

GOW is amazing none the less.

[quote]HERO wrote:
Great game.

But game of the year? Come this fall I would have to go with HALO 3.

[/quote]

You haven’t even played Halo 3. I understand the game has a HUGE following, but damn. Giving it awards before it ever hit the stands is a tad ridiculous. Yes, I could see God of War being game of the year. It is truly worth having a PS2 to play it on.

I guess it comes down to what you prefer.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
You haven’t even played Halo 3. I understand the game has a HUGE following, but damn. Giving it awards before it ever hit the stands is a tad ridiculous. Yes, I could see God of War being game of the year. It is truly worth having a PS2 to play it on.

I guess it comes down to what you prefer. [/quote]

Ok ok, I suppose I MAY have jumped the gun on declaring an unreleased game as game of the year.

Truth be told I am just anxious for the Halo 3 beta testing to start (Thank you Crackdown). From the limited media that is currently available on Halo 3, its well on its way to being an amazing game.

Didnt mean to steal God of Wars thunder though. Its a top notch game and a must have for anyone with a PS2.

I don’t really see what’s so awesome about GoW. It’s fun, sure, but there are other great action games that are just as good, imo.

[quote]grew7 wrote:
I don’t really see what’s so awesome about GoW. It’s fun, sure, but there are other great action games that are just as good, imo.[/quote]

I don’t play God Of War just because it is an “action game”. I am not even sure what that means since most games involve plenty of action unless you are playing Tetris. I like the puzzle solving aspect to it (which I can only relate to Tomb Raider when it first came out). I like the story line. I really like the graphics this time. It must take little time to throw together an “action game”. It takes a little more time to create something you wouldn’t mind playing again years later.

Beat the first one last week and picked this one up a few days ago. Playing it on my ps3 and people have confused this as a PS3. Truely a testament to the dedication and engineering that went into this game. Havent had this much fun with a ps2 game since Devil May Cry 3.

Now I jsut need to wait for Lair, Heavenly Sword and Killzone. Hopefully GOW 2 holds me over.

Kingdom Hearts 2 was and will remain the best “Action” game to come out on PS2.

No amount of gore can change that.