God-Awful Songs You Love

Mine is “horny as a dandy” by Mousse T Vs. the Dandy Warhols:

Actually makes me horny listening to the song. Pathetic.

[quote]Kuz wrote:
Hi, I’m Kuz and I cannot seem to get enough of the Avril Lavigne song “Girlfriend”.

Despite the risk of plummeting T levels, I listen to it every time it comes on the radio. It’s awful. I [i]know[/i] it’s awful… but sweet mother of God, I still listen to it and like it.

That video should burn my eyes, yet… I watch it like I’m in a catatonic trance. Sad… so very sad.

Seriously, I should have my membership to T-Nation revoked… except deep down in places of yourself you don’t talk about at cocktail parties… you know you too have a similar cross to bear… a song of utter shame.

Free yourselves, people!

NOTE: I would like to caveat that this potentially horrible thread idea might be the result of too little sleep and thinking it up after indoor soccer followed by heavy lifting. That’s my defense and I’m sticking to it.[/quote]

I can definitely understand you liking the video. It’s basically some hot chick telling you she wants to nail you while eyeball-fucking you.

My cheesy favorites:
Sweet Caroline (Neil Diamond) - I’ll scream this fucker at the top of my lungs at the bar. Yeah, I’m THAT guy.

I also love anything from the '80s, but know at the same time it’s probably some of the worst music ever. Foreigner, Journey, Donny Iris, Great White, Whitesnake, Cinderella, Slaughter, Quiet Riot, etc. are all awesome and they all suck at the same time.

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:

My cheesy favorites:
Sweet Caroline (Neil Diamond) - I’ll scream this fucker at the top of my lungs at the bar. Yeah, I’m THAT guy.

I also love anything from the '80s, but know at the same time it’s probably some of the worst music ever. Foreigner, Journey, Donny Iris, Great White, Whitesnake, Cinderella, Slaughter, Quiet Riot, etc. are all awesome and they all suck at the same time.[/quote]

Neil Diamond is king.

My cheesy favorites:

I also love anything from the '80s, but know at the same time it’s probably some of the worst music ever. Foreigner, Journey, Donny Iris, Great White, Whitesnake, Cinderella, Slaughter, Quiet Riot, etc. are all awesome and they all suck at the same time.[/quote]

Nothing by Neil Diamond is cheesy man. He’s a freakin’ genius!

My guilty pleasure is “I’m too Sexy” by Right Said Fred. I don’t know why but that damn song just makes me smile.

Yeah, there, I said it. I know, I know, that’s about as lame as it gets.

[quote]Kuz wrote:
Hi, I’m Kuz and I cannot seem to get enough of the Avril Lavigne song “Girlfriend”.

Despite the risk of plummeting T levels, I listen to it every time it comes on the radio. It’s awful. I [i]know[/i] it’s awful… but sweet mother of God, I still listen to it and like it.

That video should burn my eyes, yet… I watch it like I’m in a catatonic trance. Sad… so very sad.

Seriously, I should have my membership to T-Nation revoked… except deep down in places of yourself you don’t talk about at cocktail parties… you know you too have a similar cross to bear… a song of utter shame.

Free yourselves, people!

NOTE: I would like to caveat that this potentially horrible thread idea might be the result of too little sleep and thinking it up after indoor soccer followed by heavy lifting. That’s my defense and I’m sticking to it.[/quote]

Kuz, when I read the title, the first song that came to my mind was Avril’s Girlfriend. Glad I am not the only one.

Kuz wrote:

Free yourselves, people!

NOTE: I would like to caveat that this potentially horrible thread idea might be the result of too little sleep and thinking it up after indoor soccer followed by heavy lifting. That’s my defense and I’m sticking to it.

I can definitely understand you liking the video. It’s basically some hot chick telling you she wants to nail you while eyeball-fucking you.

My cheesy favorites:

Great post…awesome and suck at the same time…it’s the nostalgia that makes them good but the songs are in fact garbage. You did leave out a few: Ratt, Billy Squire, Twisted Sister, Truimph, Skid Row, Faster Pussycat etc. Btw Sweet Caroline is great to sing with a bunch of friends when you’re drunk; just don’t let me catch you singing it on your way to work on a Monday morning or something.

Now, I don’t want to trash this thread by any means because I found it to be very creative but I watched all (tried at least) those videos and I’ll give you the Avril song because it has a punkish kinda bow wow wow delivery…but the rest c’mon; terrible! All of you need to up your Arimidex and Nolvadex or at least have your levels checked.

My cheesy favorites:
[/quote]

hahaha, that really made me laugh.

I have to admit (can’t believe I am putting this on record) that I can’t help but listen to his music when it comes on. And it’s so easy to sing along to (not that I do it or anything). Now I have Sweet Caroline stuck in my head…damnit…i mean how nice…i mean damit…i mean…

[quote]dre wrote:
My guilty pleasure is “I’m too Sexy” by Right Said Fred.[/quote]

AH…
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

All you guys should get into a musical 12 step program ASAP. You need serious help!

[quote]Yo Momma wrote:
dre wrote:
My guilty pleasure is “I’m too Sexy” by Right Said Fred.

AH…

All you guys should get into a musical 12 step program ASAP. You need serious help!

[/quote]

Are you sure you don’t mean get into a mesh muscle shirt Momma?

[quote]dre wrote:
Steel Nation wrote:

My cheesy favorites:

I also love anything from the '80s, but know at the same time it’s probably some of the worst music ever. Foreigner, Journey, Donny Iris, Great White, Whitesnake, Cinderella, Slaughter, Quiet Riot, etc. are all awesome and they all suck at the same time.

…[/quote]

His sparkly shirts are cheesy but he is a incredible. I have been listening to him for the last hour.

America gives me the chills everytime I hear it.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
dre wrote:
Steel Nation wrote:

My cheesy favorites:

His sparkly shirts are cheesy but he is a incredible. I have been listening to him for the last hour.

America gives me the chills everytime I hear it.[/quote]

I use to hate Neil Diamond because my Mom would crank him on Saturday mornings while she cleaned the house.

It sucked to get woken up by the vacuum cleaner and Cracklin’ Rosie!

However, now I can sing just about every Neil Diamond song! haha

I just bought a greatest hits from Neil Diamond because I liked Johnny Cash’s vesion of “Solitary Man”. Neil must have went to the crossroads in the early 70’s and made a pact with the devil to start writing songs that would make Barbra Streissand puke. His late 60’s songs “Solitary Man” “Cherry Cherry” are pretty good, then he nosedives in the 70’s into some of the smarmiest shit I’ve ever had the misfortune to hear “Play me”.

My pick, because I watch Pumping Iron so often, is the “Everybody wants to live forever” title song. It must be the worst song ever written…yet evertime I hear it, it’s in my head for hours.

This is a great thread.

Usually my taste in music tends to be indie, punk, alt rock, and old school hip hop but I have a major weakness for 70’s AM music.

Right know I’m listening to Brandy by Looking Glass on youtube.

Brandy your a fine girl
What a good wife you’d be
But my life, my lover, my lady is the sea

Throw in a little America “Horse With No Name” now and then and I’m set.

Man I am utterly lame sometimes.

[quote]Ren wrote:
Kuz, when I read the title, the first song that came to my mind was Avril’s Girlfriend. Glad I am not the only one.[/quote]

It is catchy and sometimes, that’s enough. Heck, it explains most of Britney Spears’s success… well, that and her looks and the fascination with her train wreck life, but I digress.

Can’t say these are God-awful but definitely not manly. Nightwish songs, and Leaves’ Eyes songs. I don’t know why but I love them. Check out Google video for those. Songs like: Dark Chest of Wonders, Siren, Ghost Love Score, Tale of the Sea Maid, Elegy, Nemo, etc.

I jam them when I’m lifting because for some reason they get me concentrating on what I’m doing, and they take the edge off of my stress. Kind of a double-play on why lifting heavy is therapeutic for the mind. Oh, I proudly claim my preference on those bands, also.
Manimal

[quote]dre wrote:
Yo Momma wrote:
dre wrote:

AH…

Are you sure you don’t mean get into a mesh muscle shirt Momma?[/quote]

LOL!! At least these guys have seen a weight or two in their lives! Too funny!

[quote]dre wrote:
Yo Momma wrote:
dre wrote:

AH…

Are you sure you don’t mean get into a mesh muscle shirt Momma?[/quote]

Well…maybe I’ll watch the video with the sound off.

[quote]Yo Momma wrote:
dre wrote:
Yo Momma wrote:
dre wrote:

AH…

Are you sure you don’t mean get into a mesh muscle shirt Momma?

Well…maybe I’ll watch the video with the sound off.

[/quote]

That’s the spirit! lol

How about Taylor Swift’s “Teardrops on my Guitar”? Any takers? I don’t know why I like that one…

This song is so bad yet so awesome at the same time.