Goblinns Log

speed bench day

I tried incline presses for my speed work. I took a slightly closer grip and stressed the tris and shoulders alot more than the pecs

speed incline
10x3 135

push press
135x10
225x5
290xx1
335x1 PR!!!
225x10 PR!!!

one arm atnding dumbell press
5x5 90lbs

laterals
3x10 35
2x6 55

ext on dip machine
4x6 3plates and a quarter

dips
4x15
1x40

rope ext
3x10
1 set of stretches

hang cleans
3x5 135
2x5 225

felt pretty good. finally had a day off from work after 8 days. slept like 10 hours last night. I feel awesome. gonna go do some GPP later after a couple more meals.

just weighed in…226.5. not bad. ive had a small breakfast and a protien shake so im doing pretty good

How did you go about perfecting your push press technique. I wanna get mine up so I can destroy Ritardo’s and Jimmy’s. It seems like I have a tough time controlling the bar straight upward without falling off balance when I do them. Any tips man?

You have a strong upper back and strong tris so i think really your just going to have to practice bro. use your leg drive and flex your lats hard while the bar is resting on the shelf of your chest. that will give you a way more stable position to start with. also you can practive standing military presses. the military press is going to be all upper body. you dont rely on that leg drive. it got its name from standing straight up and not bending. like your in the military. the strictness of that movement will build you stabilizing muscles for the push press. I like to use a more narrow grip as well. helps me put more legs drive into my arms before i shoot them overhead. hope its going good over there. peace

[quote]popgoblinn wrote:
You have a strong upper back and strong tris so i think really your just going to have to practice bro. use your leg drive and flex your lats hard while the bar is resting on the shelf of your chest. that will give you a way more stable position to start with. also you can practive standing military presses. the military press is going to be all upper body. you dont rely on that leg drive. it got its name from standing straight up and not bending. like your in the military. the strictness of that movement will build you stabilizing muscles for the push press. I like to use a more narrow grip as well. helps me put more legs drive into my arms before i shoot them overhead. hope its going good over there. peace
[/quote]

That’s very good advice because I use to take a wider grip and not flex my lats that much when doing them. I’ll change that up right away.

i did some leg work today…i actually got to squat!! it wasnt that deep but it felt good and i felt like my hip is really healing for the first time since i hurt it.

man it felt good to have weight on my back

High box squats. probably sat me about 2-3 inch above a legal squat. felt it but not enough to impinge anything

3x5 135
3x5 225

good morning
2x5 135
2x5 225
2x5 315 that felt really good. I think i could have gone heavier but my form was really good and Im trying to keep my hip on the path to healing

romanian dead
5x5 225

i did alot of stuff after all this but Im not listing it. nothing too crazy today. I felt i needed a break. too many PR’s are killing me. plus i drank a little last night…

wow. today was a really good workout. I even did cardio and abs

incline bench
135x10
225x5
275x3
315x1
335x1 PR
365x1 PR

cable work with bench and flys

dips
5x20

chest shoulders and tris felt really good after all this.

Bicep work.
hammer curls
machine curls
reverse curls

various abs

20 min of intense cardio. awesome day

easy day

barbell rows
shrugs
pull ups
rear delt
calves
cleans

nothing special. when i went to work out my lats were sore from the benching!!! I took it easy. not really worth recording the numbers

today was pretty good
I started with some ext to get the blood going

thighsolator
5x10 whole stack

leg ext
2x20
2x10

stiff leg deads
135x10
225x10
315x8
2x6 405

speed deads
5x1 465 felt really fast

leg curls
traps
biceps
i dont know why but i ended with good mornings.

135x5
225x5
335x3
good work out. very very quick too

You is tearing it up son. Your incline might be ahead of mine now. I’ll have to see pretty soon after the meet in two weeks. Good work.

Cant log my shit. im living in the desert. ill start again when i get home. logging it i mean…

aight all Im back!!! Ready to keep it rippin. ill be postin here soon enough