Goat Whey?

I just saw an ad for a new whey protein made from goat’s milk. It’s called Oryx Goat Whey from VyoTech Nutritionals. Does anyone have any experience with this product, or any others like it (if there are any)? This is the first I’ve heard of a whey from anything other than cow’s milk.

The ad copy does a really good job of extolling the virtues of goat whey over cow whey, i.e. 300% greater absorption, highest BV of any protein, highest amount of BCAA’s, closer to human milk than cow’s milk, etc.

Of course talk like that makes me skeptical so I was wondering if anyone has any real world information about this.

I just got a job at GNC, and my manager told me the same info about it being greatest absorbed and what not… its the truth.

[quote]BeBig828 wrote:
I just got a job at GNC, and my manager told me the same info about it being greatest absorbed and what not… its the truth.[/quote]

Yes, and we all know how GNC managers are known for their indepth understanding of nutrition. Jeez, I can barely refrain from smacking the local GNC manager whenever I’m desperate enough to go in there. The guys spouts the the worst nonsense I’ve heard from anyone.

[quote]BeBig828 wrote:
I just got a job at GNC, and my manager told me the same info about it being greatest absorbed and what not… its the truth.[/quote]

Thanks for the response. I’m not trying to be rude, but just because your manager says that doesn’t necessarily make it so. Does he have any info to back up his statement other than what he may have read from the bottle or product sheet?

[quote]StinkyDog wrote:
BeBig828 wrote:
I just got a job at GNC, and my manager told me the same info about it being greatest absorbed and what not… its the truth.

Thanks for the response. I’m not trying to be rude, but just because your manager says that doesn’t necessarily make it so. Does he have any info to back up his statement other than what he may have read from the bottle or product sheet?[/quote]

I believe that it was a joke.

You can try here for studies on dairy products

http://jds.fass.org/

http://jds.fass.org/cgi/content/abstract/89/7/2408

but overall, there isn’t enough of a difference to justify spending more. I looked around, and it seems that there are 2 major factors when it comes to goat and cow milks. Goat has finer/smaller fat globules, so it’s more easily broken down. Also, goat’s milk casein forms a less tough and more friable curd than the casein of cow’s milk. But… if were just getting whey protein here, then there is little to no fat, and isn’t Casein seperate from whey protein?

[quote]k.elkouhen wrote:

I believe that it was a joke. [/quote]

Hard to tell anymore these days.

Here’s some interesting info:

I heard cat milk whey was even better

“I have nipples, can you milk me”

[quote]ChrisKing wrote:
BeBig828 wrote:

Yes, and we all know how GNC managers are known for their indepth understanding of nutrition. Jeez, I can barely refrain from smacking the local GNC manager whenever I’m desperate enough to go in there. The guys spouts the the worst nonsense I’ve heard from anyone.[/quote]

I wasnt in any way trying to implement that my word should be tooken just because of the source where the info was given to me from… just heard the same review about the product that he mentioned… so i seconded it.

J.P.