Goals: Some Threads Are Worth Periodically Repeating

I would have to say my goals are to look big, ripped, and still athletic. A lot of guys on this thread say they want the Men’s Health look. I was just wondering how long some of you have been training/dieting becuase I think I pretty much got that look (although not that ripped in some cases), and I am going on to hopefully bigger and better things. I don’t think I could really ever just reach a certain look and then say, “I’ll just maintain this.” My roomate just lifts to “maintain” the look he has, and it drives me nuts. I go to the gym first and foremost for the challenge and to improve, not maintain. I could see maybe reaching a certain weight or look, but I would have to keep training for strength and without a doubt that would produce more size if I was on a good diet. In fact, my first three years training was strictly for functional performance and strength for football and I put on weight without really worrying about it. I don’t know how you can just look the same way year after year unless you have hit the preverbial genetic ceiling. Anyway, just my two cents, any thoughts on this?