T Nation

Goals for The Summer

What is everyone’s goals for this summer? I want to power clean 225. I want to work towards this by deadlifting heavy(of course) and front squatting, what other exercises would be good to assist in reaching this goal?

I want to swim the 50y freestyle in 24 seconds from a push. I want to swim the 100y freestyle in 54 seconds from a push. I want to swim the 100y fly in 57 seconds from a push. Oh ya, and I want to get rid of my annoying jammer tan, lmao.

Between this time and the end of summer I’d like to gain 20 lbs of as much muscle as possible.

[quote]Lift2GetLaid wrote:
Between this time and the end of summer I’d like to gain 20 lbs of as much muscle as possible.[/quote]

Isn’t 20lbs of as much muscle the same as 20 lbs of muscle?

This reminds me of

What weighs more a lb of feathers or a lb of bricks…

I get what you are saying though…

My goal is to come out on top from my One Lift vs. Endurance Plan and set my PR in my Olympic Distance race on Sept 25th.

[quote]TriGWU wrote:
What weighs more a lb of feathers or a lb of bricks…[/quote]

The bricks of course. Bricks are MUCH heavier than feathers…:wink:

Regarding my goals, I do not try to focus as much on what I want to achieve, but more on what I want to do. Specific outcome-based goals are very useful in some situations, but the human body sometimes reacts in a rather unforeseen manner. As my actions are the only thing I can fully control, I concentrate on these, which basically means having a solid diet and striving hard during every training session.

Recover completely from my disc injury.

Get abs by Aug. 1st.

Hooking up with some hot super freaky flexible chick, so i can spend more time on cardio sessions in the boudoir as opposed to getting a sore ass sitting on that dam exercise bike in the gym :wink:

Seriously though to now maintain my current 190 weight and lower Body fat (& start the Neanderthal no more routine to address a couple of posture probs)

[quote]StevenF wrote:
What is everyone’s goals for this summer? I want to power clean 225. I want to work towards this by deadlifting heavy(of course) and front squatting, what other exercises would be good to assist in reaching this goal? [/quote]

Try power cleans.

Try cleans pulls in stead of deadlifts. The clean is about timing the triple extesion and poping the hips in the second pull. Other exercises, clean high pulls, hang cleans, hang clean pulls, snatch high pulls from the ground, from a hang, from blocks and do the same thing with clean pulls.

My experiene is, you get stronger by training the Oly lifts in sections and only train the actual lift once a week or once every ten days. Squat cleans are great fun too. Dont forget to practice violent shrug that takes place during the second pull, this is where the bar gets most of its speed.

BJBliffert is very correct