Goals for 2013

Prompted by avocadoshake’s 2012 recap thread.

So it’s that time of year again. Your goals for 2013?

Mine is not to take 9 months off lifting this year.

Mine will be based on the recap of 2012, declutter life and exercises and getting stronger along the way.

I only have the outline for now I will flesh it out later along with a plan.

A few points are:

walk 2,500,000 steps
have fun running (3-5 times/ week 3 x 20 min, 2 x on track - GTG)
reach 76 - 78 kg (75 is first)
Stronger legs
Mobility
Spotting and correcting imbalances
Kettlebell swings with 16 kg
Crossing the Alps with my roadbike

Learn Italian
Read 12 books

Great having inspired you!

Keep training at Ludus Magnus. I didn’t see that coming, but really excited about it.

Tweak muscle imbalances - trainer is studying and will have plan.

Build some decent strength.

Compete in full PL meet later in the year.

Get into the top ten on Powerlifting watch for my age and weight class in both the raw bench and deadlift. I will likely need to drop down into the 181 class to achieve it but that is my gosl for 2013.

Get into the top ten on Powerlifting Watch for my weight class(220 lbs) in the raw division for total weight lifted before 2014.

Have a meet total over 1200# raw.

I’m only 26 but my people don’t think this far ahead, so I’m invading.

I want to start a family this year.

1625 total unequiped

[quote]Ambugaton wrote:

I want to start a family this year. [/quote]
what a goal!

[quote]Ambugaton wrote:

Making that happen sounds more fun than spending nights in the gym! :smiley:

[quote]matt_e_hyde wrote:

[quote]Ambugaton wrote:

Making that happen sounds more fun than spending nights in the gym! :D[/quote]

it’s a good excuse to skip the cardio.

My goals are to bring my weak points (quads and core) in line with the rest of my body (in terms of both size and strength), to increase my work capacity and to stay injury-free.

All the best to everyone else with their goals!

EDIT: Just realised this is in the over 35 forum - sorry!

1. To stay smokefree (one year now)

2. To finish my thesis. I need to get substantial work to my advisor in about a week. The possibility of my finishing is tenuous.

3. To study… Fingers crossed for physiotherapy. Otherwise, I have other sport sci / health sci options.

4. To quit pissing about and start making progress!

This year I got weaker and fatter and slower and more useless. Or maybe not… But it certainly feels that way to me. My chin-ups have got a whole heap worse. My front squats are defiantly no better. Not even close on my Oly totals… I’m seriously out of practice.

I can do skipping and light pylometrics, though (which I couldn’t do before). Speed hindu squats. Headstands. Close to back roll to handstand. Better at gym ball balance stuff. Done some cardio this year and pretty sure I’ve made progress on that, too. So I guess it is not all bad.

I need to figure more precise goals… And figure out some way of making decent progress, having fun, and keeping my priorities in order.

I’ll be moving early next year. Possibly… I’ll trade my gym membership for membership in a BJJ gym (found a good one in the area with a few colored belted females)

My weightlifting goals for 2013 (my personal goals include gems like 1. Not Dying 2. Not being maimed)

1. 1725 raw total (by years end)

2. Increase Flexibility (suitably vague I know)

3. 15 dead hang chins (in a row, not total for the year)

4. 315 lb OHP

Lofty old man goals I know, but goals should by their very nature, be difficult to achieve (except for not dying/being maimed, those should be easy, knock on wood).

Happy Holidays everyone.

Lifting Goals: 1.0, 1.5, 2.0, 2.5 x bodyweight for Press, Bench, Squat, Deadlift.

1250 total at 198 (or 205 depending on the meet).

Stay leanish/don’t get too fat.

Roll into spring in shape and ready to ski.

I’m already picking up some winter fat, so I’m probably going to start another cut in early January.

Enjoying my 2nd bulking week right now :wink:

Physical:
I’ll be entering 2 powerlifting competitions at 181 lbs this year. One in March and one in November. My raw goal is:

Squat = 395
Bench = 365
Dead = 500
Total = 1,260

This will be a 20% increase over my current numbers.

I have a goal to keep my weight at an average of 185 lbs throughout the year. I currently sit pretty comfy at 195, but drop to 181 for my meets. I plan to accomplish this largely by cutting out a lot of booze and the ensuing binge eating that results.

Run around my block (1/3 mile) 3 times per week.

Stretch 5 minutes every day.

Mental:
Read 5 books about British History between the War of the Roses and Queen Elizabeth I

Continue slogging through Shakespeare by reading 12 plays (The Two Gentlemen of Verona, The Comedy of Errors,
The Taming of the Shrew, King John, Edward III, Richard II, Henry IV part I, The Merry Wives of Windsor, Henry IV part II, Henry V, HenryVI part I, HenryVI part II)

5 minutes 3 days a week of quiet meditation

Financial:
Cut out spending $300+ dollars a month in booze

Cut out spending $300+ dollars month in restaurants

Have $5,000 in savings by 12/31 due to above cut-backs

Ill bite…

Have to get healthy for sure…

560 Dead in a meet
365 Bench in a meet (have done it at the gym TnG)
460 Squat in a meet

280 OH Press Possibly find a competition entertaining same.

A 1200 Raw total at 198.

All of my past resolutions were about me. This year I want to volunteer my time to help others in need.
Oh…and one more me thing. I’ve got to get in better cardio shape.

Take a CPR class. I work with a youth sports program and have been meaning to do this for 10 years now.