Goals: 50 Inch Running Vert, 4x BW Pull

Monster. Nice job dude. I second the plyometric suggestion if you are looking to increase your vert.

You’re strength is unreal, and your vert is nearly a foot higher than mine… but your body is a adaptation engine. It gets good at the stuff it feels it needs to do a lot. If you work in a weekly session with plyos, bodyweight jumps, single leg squats (pistols), etc… Your body will become more efficient at it and your vertical should improve.

That being said, I think the phrase “those who can’t do, teach.” comes to mind when a guy with a little over 30" vert gives pointers to a kid with a vert in the 40’s.

[quote]plutusplutus wrote:
Monster. Nice job dude. I second the plyometric suggestion if you are looking to increase your vert.

You’re strength is unreal, and your vert is nearly a foot higher than mine… but your body is a adaptation engine. It gets good at the stuff it feels it needs to do a lot. If you work in a weekly session with plyos, bodyweight jumps, single leg squats (pistols), etc… Your body will become more efficient at it and your vertical should improve.

That being said, I think the phrase “those who can’t do, teach.” comes to mind when a guy with a little over 30" vert gives pointers to a kid with a vert in the 40’s. [/quote]
alright forsure, you got a specific routine for plyos I could try? I never really did them. (on purpose anyways)

How is your squat training set up? I’ve just started up some high frequency squatting myself but what you’re doing looks insane. Great lifts btw!

Awesome log dude. Will def be following and learning. Crazy how disproportionate your deadlift is to everything else. If you dont have it to a grand before 20 you’re slacking. :wink:

will be looking for you in the record books.

[quote]JCrisp91 wrote:
How is your squat training set up? I’ve just started up some high frequency squatting myself but what you’re doing looks insane. Great lifts btw![/quote]
If I feel good to squat and I don’t need to do upper body lol just pop some squats out. lol

Hulk-

Here’s a site that has awful .gifs of various lower-body plyo’s you can try:

This sounds simple, but sport specific training (like jump training, to train for jumping) should be SPORT SPECIFIC. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve seen people who leap from one leg in ball, do nothing but two-legged plyometric exercises like box jumps and the like. If you are like me and almost never go off two feet, then train single-leg plyos.

We did this one where you set up like you’re about to do a split squat (left leg forward, right back with slight knee bend), then you swing your right leg up and forward explosively and jump off your left. It’s like skipping in place, except the emphasis on going up not forward. Switch legs and do another one with the opposite leg, thats a rep.

In essence if you jump off one leg, you should train for it. Sounds really simple but you would be surprised how many simple things don’t get done.

[quote]hulk963 wrote:

[quote]JCrisp91 wrote:
How is your squat training set up? I’ve just started up some high frequency squatting myself but what you’re doing looks insane. Great lifts btw![/quote]
If I feel good to squat and I don’t need to do upper body lol just pop some squats out. lol[/quote]

Love it.

[quote]plutusplutus wrote:
Hulk-

Here’s a site that has awful .gifs of various lower-body plyo’s you can try:

This sounds simple, but sport specific training (like jump training, to train for jumping) should be SPORT SPECIFIC. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve seen people who leap from one leg in ball, do nothing but two-legged plyometric exercises like box jumps and the like. If you are like me and almost never go off two feet, then train single-leg plyos.

We did this one where you set up like you’re about to do a split squat (left leg forward, right back with slight knee bend), then you swing your right leg up and forward explosively and jump off your left. It’s like skipping in place, except the emphasis on going up not forward. Switch legs and do another one with the opposite leg, thats a rep.

In essence if you jump off one leg, you should train for it. Sounds really simple but you would be surprised how many simple things don’t get done.[/quote]

ok so wouldn’t play basketball gaames a few days a week weather half court or whole be enough?

Wednesday:
bench press
135x10
185x10
ohp from the front
135x5
225x3
275x1
315x3-new record

355x0-close.
strict press
155x10
ez curls
110x10
180x4-new record
205x1-new record
and some stuff I can’t remember lol

Wendesday PM
barbell rows
225x3
315x10
405x2 or 3, loose from
RDL’s
135x15
135x10
135x10
225x10
tbar rows
5 25’sx10
7 25’sx10
as many 25’s fit on the barX10 I think
seated rows
150x10
325x10
light pulls downs
some pulls
some shoulder shrugs
strict presses

That’s some big-ass overhead pressing man! good shit.

that pressing is made 1000x more badass since youre doing it outside =P

[quote]yeeyek8 wrote:
that pressing is made 1000x more badass since youre doing it outside =P[/quote]
haha thanks guys.

Saturday: tired today
front squat
135x20
225x10
315x6-new record
335x6-new record, more in tank
rdl’s
135x10
225x10
315x10
425x10-new record.

Sunday:
front squat
135x20
225x10
315x10-new record
420x1-new record
430x1-new record.
rdl’s
135x10
225x10
315x10
3brd bench
155x20
175x10
205x10
235x10
275x5-more in tank

and HG250 gripper closed with both hands pretty easily.

monday:
strict press
135x15
135x22-could of done more, but last set was a little tiring and i didn’t rest between sets much this whole workout
side laters
alot of sets
strict dumbell rows lying on bench
40’sx25
40’sx25
60’sx25
some more idk
more shoulder stuff.
biceps
ligghter weight, lot of reps, not much rest.

ate alot monday so wanted to burn some caloriees.

Tuesday:
tons of sled pulls (350ft tire sled with 45lber inside)
front squat
135x10
225x10
315x3
410x2-new record
315x11-new record
and some jumps outside because I had a lot of energy.

tuesday night, hamstring on left leg popped when I started sprinting on the bases at softball lol.

Wendesday: bench with lilliebridges
bench
135x10
185x4
225x4
275x1-easy
3board press
315x7-new record
365x2-new record, maybe some in tank as well.
strict press
135x10
185x5
225x2-feels weak from overworking shoulders latley I think.

Sleep has not been good since I hurt hamstring.

friday: been eating alot of food, but its all healthy, got some waximaze carb and whey in the mail this week, gonna drink it often I think, usually I don’t use much protein shakes at all.

strict press
135x10-top end tricep strength feels real good.
135x10
185x3
205x1
225x1
235x1
245x1-ties record or new record, if I did it before, I’m lighter then before at least and it was easy.

Son of a mutha…didn’t know you had another log going breh. Gonna be following fo sho.

[quote]xjusticex2013x wrote:
Son of a mutha…didn’t know you had another log going breh. Gonna be following fo sho.[/quote]
This from saturday…hamstring finally healing up as you can see :))))

Thursday:
strict press
135x10
185x5-weak Sad
135x6
135x6
135x6
shoulder machine
90x10
120x10
60x10
60x10