Goal is to Keep the Goal the Goal

I love that pic. Damn. Squatting in boots was very common in the day. You still see it on rare occasions and it’s almost always an old time lifter.

[quote]kpsnap wrote:
I love that pic. Damn. Squatting in boots was very common in the day. You still see it on rare occasions and it’s almost always an old time lifter.[/quote]
There is a neat but embarrasing story behind that pic. Ill tell ya over that steak next feb when I am up there. Your right everyone squatted in work boots back then lol.

Wow, there’s a lot of love in here for a “new guy.” The lifts look rock solid as well. What’s your story? Are you the one working with some of the lifters around here, like Matty?

Oh, and welcome aboard!

Lol new guy…just gone for a while. I have 2 old logs somewhere. Competed hard core for many years just have fun now, all raw no more gear. do help some people, no not matty though.

Awesome, I’ll be following along, its great to have you here. Thanks for posting.

Jack

Thank you very much jack. And comments are always appreciated :slight_smile:

I love that pic. Look at all those girls cheering you on!

I don’t think any of us have socks that go that high any more.

Hey PG thanks. Lol I think they were chearing on the dudes behind me

Lower body flush out today
Mobility
double kb cl/sq 35’s 10-2, 2 min rest 2-8 1 min rest finished w/10
SA kb snatch 35/10-2.2-10 no rest
Farmers carry (not sure how much handles weight) 50#+handles 3x80 yds, 1 min rest between
stretch

Upper/lower mobility work
Light hang snatch and an attempt at oh squat lol…just bar for mobility
Hang clean push press bar for good stretch and tech work
Edit: bat wings 3x30 sec
Ladder dips/chins 10-2/2-10 1 min or less rest between rungs
Mb ab circuit 10 exercises 10 reps each no rest only 1 round today

Hip mob
Power clean pocket worked up to 175x1
Power clean rack above knee worked up to 195x1
Squat worked up to 405x1 felt really good
Glute ham 3x10
Ladder kb swing/goblet squat 88/10-2
Stretch

Squats from today. Have a lot of little things to clean up but overall happy to be squatting pain free! It will get better quickly i think

Those squats looked solid. I like the controlled decent and acceleration out of the hole. Sometimes I can’t decide wether to dive bomb and get the stretch reflex, or go the more controlled route, but those squats sure looked great and make the case for a more controlled approach.

[quote]jjackkrash wrote:
Those squats looked solid. I like the controlled decent and acceleration out of the hole. Sometimes I can’t decide wether to dive bomb and get the stretch reflex, or go the more controlled route, but those squats sure looked great and make the case for a more controlled approach. [/quote]

Thanks Jack, i do better under control although i would like just a little smoother descent. I was searching a little.

You are so damn controlled, that is a skill right there!!

Yea, for no aches and pains :slight_smile:

[quote]G1 wrote:
Ha ha ha oh the 80’s…those were my squatting boots btw!!![/quote]

somehow I knew that

Pain free is always good.

Oh, I’m envious. Just green through and through.

Seems like you have a bit more forward lean than I remember.

Depth looks spot-on.

[quote]Up wrote:
You are so damn controlled, that is a skill right there!!

Yea, for no aches and pains :)[/quote]

Thanks up, trying to keep ahead of you on tech…not working so good…lol

[quote]PeteS wrote:

[quote]G1 wrote:
Ha ha ha oh the 80’s…those were my squatting boots btw!!![/quote]

somehow I knew that[/quote]

Still have them somewhere…might have to bust them out!!!

[quote]kpsnap wrote:
Pain free is always good.

Oh, I’m envious. Just green through and through.

Seems like you have a bit more forward lean than I remember.

Depth looks spot-on.[/quote]

Got the bar down where i used to carry it. I am a little more of a back squatter when hips is good and bar gets down. Actually much stronger with that style. Its just been a while since i could squat that way.
Don’t be jealous…i have plenty of time to screw it up! Counting on you and Up to keep me in line…as best you can :slight_smile: