Goal & Info on Layer System

hey y’all!
i’m a newbie here, just wanna ask some things i found interesting!
so… everyone’s talking about that layer system…
what is the concrete goal of that layer system?
can someone give me the basic informations about that layer system?

thanks in advance!!!

[quote]Geradiar wrote:
hey y’all!
i’m a newbie here, just wanna ask some things i found interesting!
so… everyone’s talking about that layer system…
what is the concrete goal of that layer system?
can someone give me the basic informations about that layer system?

thanks in advance!!![/quote]

There is not one layer program. “Layering” is a training philosophy more than a program. It consists of using one only main exercise per workout but “layering” different training methods for this movement.

One can use anywhere between 3 and 5 “methods”… note that method means either a loading scheme or a special technique.

Now, the order of the methods in a session is very important, just as important (if not more) as the methods themselves. Normally you start with the heaviest method and work your way down toward the “lightest” one, but there are exceptions (e.g. doing explosive work first).

Thank you for explaining!
And do you have any suggestions with which method i could start? Or is it more individual and one need to choose for himself?

That’ll be great!

@CT I would like to know the best way to trim fat while at least maintaining my strength/muscle mass, I have cut weight before but not without drastically decreasing my lifting maxes, I also feel like I look worse when I am lighter ex(less defined), I am on the larger side i am 6,1 i weigh 120kilos,I normally hover between 15 and 21% body fat, bench press 200 kilos, deadlift 270 kilos, power clean 175 kilos, clean and jerk 315 kilos, and squat(below parallel)204 kilo’s, I am new to this site but not new to training, my background is actually quite similar to yours football,track,Olympic style lifting in high school, I also went on to play 5 years of college football (division II) I do not however have any background in aesthetics, as nearly all of my training has been performance based, nor do I have any experience With supplements other than protein(including steroids and growth hormones) I would be elated if you would take the time to help me with my issue with your renowned expertise and experience

Edit: jerk 143 kilos, which is 315 lbs sorry