T Nation

Go Vote Democrat

[quote]pat36 wrote:
Republicans love America, are patriotic and believe in our system of government.

Democrats hate America, evidenced by their frequently siding with our enemies. Any enemy. Doesn’t matter. So long as they hate America too.

Democrats don’t belive in our system of government. Unless they have Bill Clinton in the White House, the Senate, the House…then they think it should never change. And if it does, well, they were cheated. America was lied to. They cry. They pout. Then they rant and rave.

The Republicans love themselves. The democrats love themselves and hate the fuck out of America.

But, alas, that is the beauty of this country. You can hate it and run for office in it to try and bring it to it’s knees if you want to. You can get elected create a society of dependence and indebtedness and remove individual freedoms for the greater good. While undermining the security of the country for personal gain.
[/quote]

Very well said

[quote]Petedacook wrote:
Go vote if you have not voted yet. And make sure it is for a Democrat.

HEAD HUNTER, GO VOTE DEMOCRAT! [/quote]

If you are talking to terrorists I think they already vote Democrat. So you are in good company.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Petedacook wrote:
Go vote if you have not voted yet. And make sure it is for a Democrat.

HEAD HUNTER, GO VOTE DEMOCRAT!

Lol! Thanks for thinking of me.

This election is actually a test. Will America remain a hegemonic power or is it ‘lights out’? I suspect its the latter. Time for China to take over. The problem is that libs assume that the current order in the world will continue w/o the USA. Kind of like expecting a classroom of high schools to stay quiet and studious after the teacher leaves…uh…okay…

Until China takes over and restores order (like we did in 1945), watch for a chaotic world.

‘May you live in interesting times.’

[/quote]

On the bright side, Chinese women are hot!

[quote]Hack Wilson wrote:
I vote straight ticket as well. Some ask me why? Why not judge the candidate as an individual?

Because I do not agree with Democrats on any issue. Defense. Abortion. Taxes. Gay Marriage. Name it. I want a safe nation, fewer babies killed, lower taxes, and no fag-weddings. It’s pretty simple.[/quote]

“fag-weddings”. Dude, that’s not very PC. I believe the correct term is Butt-Pirate Nuptials.

[quote]pat36 wrote:
Where there was a democrat only, I wrote in a vote. The republicans suck, but at least they are not democrats. I pretty much voted a strait libritarian ticket where I could.[/quote]

I feel the completely opposite. The democrats suck but at least they’re not Republicans. The democrats have articulated no plan to speak of. The Republicans and this administration have had lousy policly. And what’s worse, executed them extremely poorly. Not at all how I’ve felt about past Republican administrations and past Republican leadership. I’ll take my gambles on the wager that the Democrats can’t do any worse. And that is how a lot of people feel. If the Democrats take power, it won’t be because of them. It will be because of the Republicans. This election is not for Republican vs for Democrat. It’s for Repbulcian vs. anti-Republican

[quote]Lorisco wrote:
Petedacook wrote:
Go vote if you have not voted yet. And make sure it is for a Democrat.

HEAD HUNTER, GO VOTE DEMOCRAT!

If you are talking to terrorists I think they already vote Democrat. So you are in good company.

[/quote]

You are as ridiculous as the liberals who compare Bush to a terrorist and make t-shirts to that effect.

A few facts:

  1. The majority of Americans did not vote for Bush, they voted for the democrat, but they got Bush instead.

  2. The majority of Americans did not elect a Republican majority in congress, but that is what they got.

It seems ironic that we praise our democracy, yet we are not represented by what the majority of the people want.

[quote]Petedacook wrote:
A few facts:

  1. The majority of Americans did not vote for Bush, they voted for the democrat, but they got Bush instead.

  2. The majority of Americans did not elect a Republican majority in congress, but that is what they got.

It seems ironic that we praise our democracy, yet we are not represented by what the majority of the people want.[/quote]

Vote for a popular only vote. It might surprise you, but you’ll lose badly.

I voted mostly Republican, but only because
I had too.

Hell, Im to the point where I believe that nearly every politician is a self-serving buffoon. It seems they all get into politics to abuse their influence, line their pockets or get away with outrageous behavior. Then they pander to whatever group they think will keep their disgraceful lifestyle afloat. The Mandarin class comes to mind.

What happened to statesmen who love America, respect our Constitution and put loyalty to our country above anything else, including their own interests?

Maybe I’m cynical, but here is what I think is coming:

The middle-class will be wiped out by an uncontrolled influx of 3rd world migrants. By and large, they will have little loyalty to their host country. Their absolute refusal to assimilate or learn the native language will further widen the gap between the ultra-rich and the very poor.

The demand for free social services will continue to skyrocket, possibly going so far as wide scale demands for free homes , education and health care for those who want it but could not otherwise afford it. Of course, the middle-class drones will be squeezed even further to continue funding the broken tax system.
Perhaps we will even see the widespread use of eminent domain to finally destroy the once almost sacred right to private property, to handle the demands for free housing.

Our rights and freedoms will forever fade from the American landscape. No more guns for you( you are not smart enough to possess something so dangerous), no more free speech(jail if you offend someone), and no more free will in general. If you want to buy a refrigerator or cut down a tree, you better get the permission of the high elders of your municipality first. Movies, radio and other forms of entertainment? That will be screened for objectionable content first(ie. the fairness doctrine). You will do what you are told. Everyone will submit to regular medical testing(just in case) and possibly even random inspections of their domicile(also, just in case). The founding fathers didnt really have any vision anyway…the world has changed.

Don’t mention religion. It is against the law.

And by the way…while we were screwing around here with red herrings like who wrote some erotic crap in a novel, who had sex with who, or even the topic of gay marriage in general, China was happily outproducing us and running up our tab. They wont need the nuts in North Korea or the Middle East to do us in, we offered up our throats and committed financial suicide long ago(and the party that did that primarily were supposed to be the smart ones with money!).

Pardon the rant. From where I stand, things dont look good. Republicans, Democrats…same thing pretty much.

[quote]Hack Wilson wrote:
I vote straight ticket as well. Some ask me why? Why not judge the candidate as an individual?

Because I do not agree with Democrats on any issue. Defense. Abortion. Taxes. Gay Marriage. Name it. I want a safe nation, fewer babies killed, lower taxes, and no fag-weddings. It’s pretty simple.[/quote]

So you’re for a weakened defense with awful civilian leadership, more abortion?, no federal revenue, and against equal rights?

[quote]Hack Wilson wrote:
Petedacook wrote:
I live in Virginia and it amazes me how many Deomcratic voters did not vote.

Some didnt update their registration, others think the democrat one, another thinks voting is over rated.

I don’t know any Republicans that chose not to vote for whatever reason.

Sheesh!

Sad indeed. But it’s really just part of what makes Republicans and Democrats so Different.

Republicans love America, are patriotic and believe in our system of government.

Democrats hate America, evidenced by their frequently siding with our enemies. Any enemy. Doesn’t matter. So long as they hate America too.

Democrats don’t belive in our system of government. Unless they have Bill Clinton in the White House, the Senate, the House…then they think it should never change. And if it does, well, they were cheated. America was lied to. They cry. They pout. Then they rant and rave. [/quote]

The thread for making shit up is titled “winning in iraq”.

[quote]bigflamer wrote:
pat36 wrote:
Republicans love America, are patriotic and believe in our system of government.

Democrats hate America, evidenced by their frequently siding with our enemies. Any enemy. Doesn’t matter. So long as they hate America too.

Democrats don’t belive in our system of government. Unless they have Bill Clinton in the White House, the Senate, the House…then they think it should never change. And if it does, well, they were cheated. America was lied to. They cry. They pout. Then they rant and rave.

The Republicans love themselves. The democrats love themselves and hate the fuck out of America.

But, alas, that is the beauty of this country. You can hate it and run for office in it to try and bring it to it’s knees if you want to. You can get elected create a society of dependence and indebtedness and remove individual freedoms for the greater good. While undermining the security of the country for personal gain.

Very well said

[/quote]

Which democrat hates america? I must have missed that…

This entire thread is a straw man gang bang. Watch out for splinters.

[quote]jsbrook wrote:
pat36 wrote:
Where there was a democrat only, I wrote in a vote. The republicans suck, but at least they are not democrats. I pretty much voted a strait libritarian ticket where I could.

I feel the completely opposite. The democrats suck but at least they’re not Republicans. The democrats have articulated no plan to speak of. The Republicans and this administration have had lousy policly. And what’s worse, executed them extremely poorly. Not at all how I’ve felt about past Republican administrations and past Republican leadership. I’ll take my gambles on the wager that the Democrats can’t do any worse. And that is how a lot of people feel. If the Democrats take power, it won’t be because of them. It will be because of the Republicans. This election is not for Republican vs for Democrat. It’s for Repbulcian vs. anti-Republican[/quote]

I love how people are saying that they are voting democrat because the republicans had their chance and screwed it up. Well, umm, haven’t the democrats as well? I’ve got a novel idea. It’s called voting libertarian. Alas, they seem to be stuck in the 1-3% area. With that said, it seems the dog and pony show must go on. Reps and Dems are like the danceband on the Titanic. The people just keep requesting more songs while libertarians are bailing water with buckets.

mike

[quote]Michael570 wrote:
This entire thread is a straw man gang bang. Watch out for splinters.[/quote]
Exactly…
The ultimate battle between the yellow elephant brigade and unicorns happening right here in this very thread…

[quote]Petedacook wrote:
A few facts:

  1. The majority of Americans did not vote for Bush, they voted for the democrat, but they got Bush instead.

  2. The majority of Americans did not elect a Republican majority in congress, but that is what they got.

It seems ironic that we praise our democracy, yet we are not represented by what the majority of the people want.[/quote]

Huh? Did you check the popular vote in '04? Oh! Are you re-hashing the 2000 election? Do we need to discuss the reasons why we don’t award Presidential elections based on the ‘popular vote’ (which, by the way, Bush took rather handily in '04)?

[quote]100meters wrote:
Hack Wilson wrote:
I vote straight ticket as well. Some ask me why? Why not judge the candidate as an individual?

Because I do not agree with Democrats on any issue. Defense. Abortion. Taxes. Gay Marriage. Name it. I want a safe nation, fewer babies killed, lower taxes, and no fag-weddings. It’s pretty simple.

So you’re for a weakened defense with awful civilian leadership, more abortion?, no federal revenue, and against equal rights?

[/quote]

Yeah. That’s cute. Although, I’m anxious to hear your definition of equal rights!

[quote]Mikeyali wrote:
jsbrook wrote:
pat36 wrote:
Where there was a democrat only, I wrote in a vote. The republicans suck, but at least they are not democrats. I pretty much voted a strait libritarian ticket where I could.

I feel the completely opposite. The democrats suck but at least they’re not Republicans. The democrats have articulated no plan to speak of. The Republicans and this administration have had lousy policly. And what’s worse, executed them extremely poorly. Not at all how I’ve felt about past Republican administrations and past Republican leadership. I’ll take my gambles on the wager that the Democrats can’t do any worse. And that is how a lot of people feel. If the Democrats take power, it won’t be because of them. It will be because of the Republicans. This election is not for Republican vs for Democrat. It’s for Repbulcian vs. anti-Republican

I love how people are saying that they are voting democrat because the republicans had their chance and screwed it up. Well, umm, haven’t the democrats as well? I’ve got a novel idea. It’s called voting libertarian. Alas, they seem to be stuck in the 1-3% area. With that said, it seems the dog and pony show must go on. Reps and Dems are like the danceband on the Titanic. The people just keep requesting more songs while libertarians are bailing water with buckets.

mike[/quote]

What have the libertarians done? I think Decmocrats have done many good things throughout the history of this nation though they sure ain’t perfect. I agree with and identify with the democrats who were elected. They are centrist. They are moderate. They have good ideas. Clinton accomplished a lot. Welfare form not the least of it. That wasn’t achieved by the liberals or the conservatives. And he could’ve done much more. I think Pelosi realizes too that she needs to gear her agenda towards her caucus and not her district. That is what’s best for the party. That’s what’s best for the people. I’m mildly optimistic.

[quote]jsbrook wrote:
Mikeyali wrote:
jsbrook wrote:
pat36 wrote:
Where there was a democrat only, I wrote in a vote. The republicans suck, but at least they are not democrats. I pretty much voted a strait libritarian ticket where I could.

I feel the completely opposite. The democrats suck but at least they’re not Republicans. The democrats have articulated no plan to speak of. The Republicans and this administration have had lousy policly. And what’s worse, executed them extremely poorly. Not at all how I’ve felt about past Republican administrations and past Republican leadership. I’ll take my gambles on the wager that the Democrats can’t do any worse. And that is how a lot of people feel. If the Democrats take power, it won’t be because of them. It will be because of the Republicans. This election is not for Republican vs for Democrat. It’s for Repbulcian vs. anti-Republican

I love how people are saying that they are voting democrat because the republicans had their chance and screwed it up. Well, umm, haven’t the democrats as well? I’ve got a novel idea. It’s called voting libertarian. Alas, they seem to be stuck in the 1-3% area. With that said, it seems the dog and pony show must go on. Reps and Dems are like the danceband on the Titanic. The people just keep requesting more songs while libertarians are bailing water with buckets.

mike

What have the libertarians done? I think Decmocrats have done many good things throughout the history of this nation though they sure ain’t perfect. I agree with and identify with the democrats who were elected. They are centrist. They are moderate. They have good ideas. Clinton accomplished a lot. Welfare form not the least of it. That wasn’t achieved by the liberals or the conservatives. And he could’ve done much more. I think Pelosi realizes too that she needs to gear her agenda towards her caucus and not her district. That is what’s best for the party. That’s what’s best for the people. I’m mildly optimistic.[/quote]

HOLY SHIT! The Democrats HATED Welfare Reform. HATED IT!

See this article:

http://www.opinionjournal.com/weekend/hottopic/?id=110008850

You can thank the Republicans for that one, my ill-informed friend. So does that mean that you actually think that Republicans have done a lot of good for the country? Or are you loath to say such things? Bear in mind also, that Republicans supported Civil Rights long before and always more vehemently than the Souther Democrats who opposed it.

Some of these “liberal” thinkers are still in Congress. Only now we pretend they’ve always been elightened, nice halo over the head because they just bleed for all these liberal causes. Better to foget then were in the fucking KKK. But that’s okay! IT’S OKAY, FOLKS! Better a ex-KKK guy than a REPUBLICAN, right?

Fucking twits.

[quote]Rockscar wrote:
Marmadogg wrote:
I tend to disagree with all of you traitors wingnuts from either side of the aisle.

So you are a Liberal Conservative?[/quote]

Unaffiliated libertarian.

WTF are you?