T Nation

Go-To Wrestling Moves

I’m looking to add some junk moves or some off the wall moves to my arsenal are there any wrestlers or past wrestlers who would be willing to pass on some knowledge I could use on the mat?

low single from anywhere. its quick and if youre a good scrambler its a great position to be in. i use that the most out of all my shots. if he sits on my head i come up the back in an iranian finish. if he doesnt come down, swisher the knees and go behind. one thing to keep in mind is that its better to keep your hips low rather than tripod as it will keep u from getting rolled through.

also my favorite defensive/counter move to defend shots with is he lateral drop which can also be done from anywhere if youre comfortable with it. if you really want to set it up fake the inside trip with only a slight drop and when they press upward to defend…hit it.

what is the iranian and lateral drop? where do you wrestle?

what is the iranian and lateral drop? where do you wrestle?

Yo dude best wrestling moves I can suggest are-

Standing- High crotch

Ground- High gut tilt

I like the fat man single into a double leg.

Also, the head punch if they shoot and you can pull of a good sprawl.

Also, one good move I have learned if they try to throw you is to lock your hands and roll throw with them. Once you are on top, get your hands unlocked quick.

Lateral drop is amazing to watch, a beautiful one was pulled off at the last UFC by John Jones.

Arm drag to a high crotch is very effective, in my opinion.

You need to find out what works for you, drill the shit out of it, and try to set it up and get it consistenly when going live/rolling/sparring.

monkey roll!

[quote]Corrosion wrote:

You need to find out what works for you, drill the shit out of it, and try to set it up and get it consistenly when going live/rolling/sparring.[/quote]

Exactly.

We drill a jab to a high (lock just below the ass) and tight (in close so it’s hard to sprawl or strike) double leg. That is our go to move.

The problem is you need to know how to change levels quickly and you risk landing in a choke. However, as long as you can tuck and move to the head quickly once they are down, you should be OK.

Basically, if you are asking a question like this you need to pick one or two take-downs and learn how to set them up so it’s basically automatic.

Either an inside double or outside single is a good choice, IMHO.

For your purposes you need to learn to create angles and get your opponent where you need them to be to shoot while risking minimal damage if it blows up.

I love setting up arm drags into all kinds of stuff. I’m also a fan of throwing a russian armbar off a collar tie up/clinch. Most guys don’t expect it and it sets you up perfectly for a guillotine.