Go-to Convenient Portable Meals

That was all hilarious.

I really like eggs, but they are inconvenient when officemates may murder you.

Funny aside: when new to the cubicle world, I once reheated fish in the break room microwave. A coworker walked in and said “who did this?!?”. I think I just threw it in the trash and went home for the day.

My Costco carries this

Individual pouches, 90 seconds in a microwave. I combine it with canned chicken breasts for a meal in 90 seconds. If need be, add sauce. This is the majority of my work meals. Can also add salsa on top if you want some color.

Sauerkraut is my go to “no prep veggie”, but the smell can be offensive to those not eating it, so I eat it at home instead of at work.

Egg whites were mentioned, so I’ll throw in that I use the drinkable egg whites from egg whites international. Easiest protein source in the world.

My Costco also started carrying zero carb beef jerky, so that’s cool. Almost pure protein with trace fats.

1 Like

I’m only recently discovering Costco for some of these conveniences. I’ve been missing out. Lots of grab and go kinda options

No. Just, no.

2 Likes

This was me until I realized how expensive and time consuming everything is…

I recently saw a John Meadows’ video in which he used canned salmon to make fish burgers.

He mixes the fish with an egg, shapes it into a patty, and breads it with breadcrumbs. It looked pretty good to be honest. I’m a bit disgusted by plain canned salmon, but I’m going to try that version.

3 Likes

Only a bit? Dude, that shit is nasty

3 Likes

Once you make it into a burger like that, though, it seems like you shouldn’t taste it at all? I’m hotel living right now, so unwilling to try it and be stuck with death smell, but I want to hear your experience!

1 Like

I made something similar to this burger thing years ago and my mom still says it’s the single WORST thing I have EVER made… lmao

1 Like

I look forward to a review. I’m going to guess there is nothing that can be done to save that abomination.

2 Likes

I just buy pre-made salmon burgers and use those. They’re nice: no fishy smell or taste. I actually prefer them to beef these days.

1 Like

That’s quite the testimonial.

Costco available?

2 Likes

Yup. Wild Salmon something burgers. They’re in a plastic wrapping, rather than a box, stacked up on top of each other forming a column. Can sometimes be hard to spot in the frozen aisle.

2 Likes

Those are very delicious, but a bit out of budget when I was at school. Since remote learning = living at home, I might consider splurging

1 Like

I’ll check those out on the weekly run this weekend. Thank you!

1 Like

This is what they look like at my store

1 Like

Awesome. Thank you again. I got the grilled chicken patties for this week, so I’m ready to switch. Kroger had some chicken burger patties that tasted like real burgers pre-shutdown, but they aren’t consistently there anymore.

1 Like

I like doing mixed meat double burgers. Turkey and salmon are my go to. Variety of flavors, and something to be said about different amino acid profiles. Could definitely mix and match the chicken and salmon.

1 Like

That is an outstanding idea!

1 Like

Just to be clear, I haven’t made the salmon burgers but I ate 400g of canned salmon every day through high school and had to smother that shit with sauces and spiced veggies just to get it down.

I don’t know if it’s all canned salmons, but the ones I bought literally had bits of fish vertebrae in it