I thought this might be a fun idea for a topic, as we potentially go back to work one day…
I’m thinking of convenience, i.e. I can just grab it out of the fridge/ pantry and throw it in my bag; when it’s time to eat, it requires, at most, a microwave and water.
I try to focus on protein and carbs… the fats just come.
- Left-overs - obviously the number one. If I’ve actually cooked anything, I scoop some in a tupperware, and we’re good to go.
- Egg whites - you can just pour these in a container and microwave them wherever you end up. If you don’t want people to think you’re a sociopath for the smell, sprinkle any herbs in the container before you pack it up.
- String cheese - I said no fats, but this is a good snack.
- Whey protein - obvious on convenience and macros; I got these little funnel things where you can pour a scoop or two in, clip it to your bag, and then pour it into any water bottle.
- Berries - these come from the store in their own container!
- Greek yogurt - single-serving packages, good macros.
- Apples - same dealio.
- Rice cup - these are single-serving cups of minute rice you just microwave.
- Grilled chicken packs - these are pretty slick, too; single-serving packages of precooked chicken. They used to have steak, that I much preferred, but I can no longer find it.
- Frozen bags of veggies - I like broccoli with cheese.
Things I don’t like:
- Canned Tuna - ate too much in college, it smells, and it’s disgusting.
- Bananas - you’re stuck with the peel and I just don’t like them.
- Frozen berries - seems like it would be fine, but they melt and make a mess.
- Rice cakes - I like them, but they take up too much space in a bag and they like to get all crumbly.
- Whole eggs - I don’t like them hardboiled, and there’s no other version that won’t smell so bad in the microwave I’m not allowed back.
What are yours??