Go See It - INSIDIOUS

I saw this last night, scared the shit out of me, felt creeped out walking all the way home, had to keep the dog in my bedroom just in case.
GO AND SEE IT! it is the best of horror from the past 100 years distilled into this messed up film. the people involved deserve to make as much as Bay from transformers

It looks pretty creepy. I’ll have to get it from Netflix when it comes out on DVD and check it out.

Not a bad horror film at all. Definitely a unique spin on traditional haunted house/possession films.

Probably the best horror film I’ve seen in years, but I do have my complaints. But I feel it would spoil the plot for people so I’ll just say it’s worth seeing anyways.

[quote]SkyNett wrote:
It looks pretty creepy. I’ll have to get it from Netflix when it comes out on DVD and check it out.[/quote]

nonononono, go see it at a cinema, thatd be like watching a puppet version of the women in black

I’ve heard bad/scary/etc things about this film. will see.

waylanderx and holymac both support this thread

[quote]HolyMacaroni wrote:
waylanderx and holymac both support this thread[/quote]

X2, BEST horror film I have seen in a very long time and only the second ever that actually left me feeling creeped out for a day or so afterward. I had no idea what is was about, Hmac said it was good so I took the lady to see it and it was well worth my time.

If tickets weren’t so fucking expensive I’d go see it again.

waylander: torrent.

what would have perfected it would have been not showing the main bad guy/evil spirit in the trailers, i really would have had a heart attack

[quote]caveman101 wrote:
what would have perfected it would have been not showing the main bad guy/evil spirit in the trailers, i really would have had a heart attack[/quote]

That makes me want to watch the trailer so I don’t have a heart attack.

I’ll have to watch this, I’ve pretty much given up on watching new horror movies because they haven’t been that good.

the trailer doesnt come close, just see the movie!

I’m very happy it didn’t fall short like “The Strangers” did…the trailer for that one had me so scared and excited for the fact that a modern horror movie might be good, but sadly no.

Best horror move in years indeed.

My mom went to see it and she’s been sleeping with the TV on for the last couple weeks.
Luckily I wasn’t impacted that strongly, but when I saw it, I did scream quite a bit.

This may be a SPOILER ALERT:

But is anyone as happy I am that when people find that their house is haunted, that they actually MOVE?! I’m tired of movies when the character finds out that their house is haunted or sits on top of a graveyard or something and they decide to go to the library and research what the hell is going on. Who gives a fuck, MOVE!

[quote]waylanderxx wrote:
X2, BEST horror film I have seen in a very long time and only the second ever that actually left me feeling creeped out[/quote]

As a reference point what was the other film you felt creeped out about? :stuck_out_tongue:

Going to see it tomorrow hopefully!

Ok saw this last night and have to say for the most part I was quite impressed. It made excellent use of sound effects to heighten the tension and the few genuinely eerie/scary moments were genuinely eerie/scary. Quite a few times I wished I could rewind a scene just to see it again and on one occasion I actually felt a coldness crawl down the back of my skull and down my shoulders and arms. As a horror veteran - it was quite a welcome feeling.

However…AND MASSIVE SPOILERS BELOWSPOILERS BELOWSPOILERS BELOWSPOILERS BELOWSPOILERS BELOWSPOILERS BELOWSPOILERS BELOWSPOILERS BELOWSPOILERS BELOWSPOILERS BELOWSPOILERS BELOWSPOILERS BELOWSPOILERS BELOWSPOILERS BELOWSPOILERS BELOWSPOILERS BELOWSPOILERS BELOWSPOILERS BELOWSPOILERS BELOWSPOILERS BELOWSPOILERS BELOWSPOILERS BELOWSPOILERS BELOWSPOILERS BELOWSPOILERS BELOWSPOILERS BELOWSPOILERS BELOWSPOILERS BELOWSPOILERS BELOWSPOILERS BELOWSPOILERS BELOWSPOILERS BELOWSPOILERS BELOWSPOILERS BELOWSPOILERS BELOWSPOILERS BELOWSPOILERS BELOWSPOILERS BELOWSPOILERS BELOWSPOILERS BELOWSPOILERS BELOWSPOILERS BELOWSPOILERS BELOWSPOILERS BELOWSPOILERS BELOWSPOILERS BELOWSPOILERS BELOWSPOILERS BELOWSPOILERS BELOWSPOILERS BELOWSPOILERS BELOWSPOILERS SPOILERS BELOWSPOILERS BELOWBELOW…
there are a few things I would’ve done differently. Firstly the random ghosts in the Further, I felt they were a bit lacking in depth and seemed to just be there as a filler. The creepy dancing kid was fine, in fact that was a great scene, but the addition later on of the family on the sofa just seemed so out of place and I felt the handling of the astral realm to be a bit cheap. It would’ve been FAR better had they gone for a similar approach as when Frodo puts on the One Ring and the real world becomes whispy and insubstantial. Not that exact effect obviously, but just something more substantial, yet ephemeral; ever changing and flowing desolate lanscape littered with lost souls.

One question I do have however is did anyone walk out with the impression that Josh was actually possessed by the woman before all of this kicked off? I know it wasn’t really played out as such at the end as you would’ve thought the medium would’ve picked up on it straight away however there are a couple of hints during the movie which elude to that possibility. Namely, Josh’s on screen face pampering - the scene where he’s plucking grey hairs and again when he’s applying anti-ageing cream to his crow’s feet. Such an oddity to include in the film and there is definitely a point to it - whether it is the grandma spirit upset at ageing again or just his fear of getting old linked with the suppressed memory of her in his night terrors - it’s certainly poignant. Also the young Josh in the ‘Further’ - how is it his young projection is leading his adult projection (the scene with the boy pointing towards the house)? It just doesn’t make any sense unless of course he has been trapped in the Further for 30 odd years and it’s actually the Grandmother’s spirit who has gone searching for her son, remember it is explained that spirits will go to any means to ‘live again’.

Alternatively, the above could be completely wrong and, in fact, the demon could’ve been a projection of Grandma to lure Josh back into the Further so that she could complete her physical theft. It would explain the ease with which the boy and Josh escaped the demon in the final scenes; the demon just kinda filters out after stomping through the hallway and you’re like “Wtf…how the hell did that slow-moving scared kid outrun that fuckin thing?” It was all a ruse. Grandma tricked the boy into becoming lost in an effort to lure Josh back out of hiding and into the Further. A very clever plan conceived and executed by an old and bitter granny. Insidious, even.
SPOILERS ABOVESPOILERS ABOVESPOILERS ABOVESPOILERS ABOVESPOILERS ABOVESPOILERS ABOVESPOILERS ABOVESPOILERS ABOVESPOILERS ABOVESPOILERS ABOVESPOILERS ABOVESPOILERS ABOVESPOILERS ABOVESPOILERS ABOVESPOILERS ABOVESPOILERS ABOVESPOILERS ABOVESPOILERS ABOVESPOILERS ABOVESPOILERS ABOVESPOILERS ABOVESPOILERS ABOVESPOILERS ABOVESPOILERS ABOVESPOILERS ABOVESPOILERS ABOVESPOILERS ABOVESPOILERS ABOVESPOILERS ABOVESPOILERS ABOVESPOILERS ABOVESPOILERS ABOVESPOILERS ABOVESPOILERS ABOVESPOILERS ABOVE…

Overall though - really glad to have seen it on the big screen with big audio!

Saw it last night. Kind of reminded me of “The Frighteners” in a way. The chick I took thought it was spooky. Thought certain parts were predictable, but overall dug it.