Go Pistons!

[quote]doogie wrote:
ipjunkie wrote:

At least I live in the San Antonio area, go to games, and have run into a couple of the spurs while shopping at Best Buy, so that’s close enough I guess. Anyone that has a problem with it, can come down here and take it up in person. I’ll be wearing my Spurs hat!!

Well, I’ll be UP there Thursday. Section 118. http://www.nba.com/spurs/tickets/section_118.html

Saw them at Best Buy? Ok. We’ll get you a jersey.[/quote]

grrreeaattt.

Sorry some of us can’t afford to sit in anything but the nose bleed section in the regular season, let alone buy tickets to the the playoffs or the finals. I’m happy for you.

Make that an XL Jersey.

[quote]PharmD Pete wrote:
MTUCache wrote:
Pistons in 6… which sucks, because with the Finals format it won’t be on their home floor this year.

Speaking of that, why do they change the format for the finals and go 2-3-2 instead of 2-2-1-1-1 like they do in the other rounds? Anyone know?
[/quote]

travel–potential East/West coast teams

[quote]PharmD Pete wrote:
doogie wrote:
ipjunkie,

What position do you play?

I love this. Why does everyone always say “we” when they talk about their favorite team. Unless you play or work for the organization, it doens’t make any sense. Annoying to others, it is.[/quote]

I love it when people talk like their favorite movie character!!

[quote]doogie wrote:
Well, I’ll be UP there Thursday. Section 118. http://www.nba.com/spurs/tickets/section_118.html

Saw them at Best Buy? Ok. We’ll get you a jersey.[/quote]

Boy, you have a bad attitude. Make my jersey a medium. Thanks.

[quote]Right Side Up wrote:
Xen Nova wrote:
whatever i’m just glad shaq doesn’t have a chance to win another championship

puts on his gold and purple shoe laces

lakerfan4life

Shaq will win another…Kobe, on the other hand…? Your GM chose poorly. [/quote]

ohhhhhhhh we shall seen DaveMatthews Avatar man… ooohhh we shall see.

The only mistake that they made was losing Phil Jackson.

And he JUST might be back we shall see we shall see.

can i get a XXL?

[quote]sasquatch wrote:
PharmD Pete wrote:
MTUCache wrote:
Pistons in 6… which sucks, because with the Finals format it won’t be on their home floor this year.

Speaking of that, why do they change the format for the finals and go 2-3-2 instead of 2-2-1-1-1 like they do in the other rounds? Anyone know?

travel–potential East/West coast teams[/quote]

hmmm, makes sense. I guess Detroit can win it at home if they steal one in SA and then hold serve at The Palace

[quote]ipjunkie wrote:

Sorry some of us can’t afford to sit in anything but the nose bleed section in the regular season, let alone buy tickets to the the playoffs or the finals.[/quote]

I can’t afford it. I’m staying at the Motel 6 at I-10 and Wurzbach. A doc I play poker with chunked his seats in the pot because he isn’t going to be able to make it. I didn’t win, but the guy who did couldn’t make it either. I went to enough $5 upper deck nights in the Alamodome to make me very excited about finally having decent seats.

I’ll take the Spurs

[quote]Xen Nova wrote:

lakerfan4life[/quote]

agreed

[/quote]
Cuz of travel tiring the teams going from west to east and vice versa. Basketball is the only sport I can think of off hand where a team from the east coast will always play a team from the west coast in the finals. (or near that area)
Also, I belive after Magic and Larry complained of fatigue, jet lag, etc. they changed the format to the current 2-3-2.

[quote]doogie wrote:
ipjunkie wrote:

Sorry some of us can’t afford to sit in anything but the nose bleed section in the regular season, let alone buy tickets to the the playoffs or the finals.

I can’t afford it. I’m staying at the Motel 6 at I-10 and Wurzbach. A doc I play poker with chunked his seats in the pot because he isn’t going to be able to make it. I didn’t win, but the guy who did couldn’t make it either. I went to enough $5 upper deck nights in the Alamodome to make me very excited about finally having decent seats.

[/quote]

Eat at Mama Margie’s on I-10 & Wurzbach. It’s great! I dream about it. LOL

[quote]doogie wrote:
ipjunkie wrote:

Sorry some of us can’t afford to sit in anything but the nose bleed section in the regular season, let alone buy tickets to the the playoffs or the finals.

[/quote]

I remember once I got given seats in the front row right behind the media table by one of my clients. No one else was around, and I commented that it was cool when the tickets when he was given to him. I stayed in that are a little longer, just in case he called me back. Sure enough, he called me back. It was 4 tickets to a regular season Pistons game in '02-03 when “WE” won. I thought that was pretty cool. Have a good time. And try to get some loundness into the lower sections!! Man, when we went it was like everyone in that seating area was a bunch of stuffed shirts. We got LOUD. Me and my friends were all yelling a Kevin Willis, YO Kevin!! And he looked at us and pointed, like OH YEAH. you had to be there.

[quote]Gothic77 wrote:

[/quote]

I dig Mama Margie’s, but I hope to get to Rudy’s to eat. We don’t have any of those down here, and I’m at the point where I’d kill for some good BBQ.

[quote]doogie wrote:
I dig Mama Margie’s, but I hope to get to Rudy’s to eat. We don’t have any of those down here, and I’m at the point where I’d kill for some good BBQ.
[/quote]

Rudy’s is in Leon Springs. You must know that, you seem familiar w/ the area. Go for it!! I do love their bbq sauce.

[quote]CU AeroStallion wrote:
I’m pulling for the pistons for 3 reasons:

1. Tim Duncan is a cry baby and gets calls that nobody else in the league would ever get. And I don’t wanna hear from anyone that it’s because he’s an All-star that or an Olympian this BS, it’s because he’s a crybaby bitch.[/quote]

Are you kidding? First of all, everybody in the league is a crybaby, but no one – NO ONE – bitches to the refs more than Rasheed! And conversly, Duncan is so reserved on the court and focused on playing the game – most extraneous variables are on the back of his mind…dude is all about getting results.

[quote]
2) Manu Ginobili or Tony Parker always tear it up against the Nuggets (my hometown team!) and I would like to see them lose.[/quote]

Them dudes are bad asses! Ginobli is so scrappy and has an ability to get to the front of the rim in the face of all 5 defenders…but he also flops with the best of them…man, he makes Vlade Divac look bad when it comes to flopping!

[quote]
3) BIG BEN WALLACE kicks ass![/quote]

Agreed.

[quote]Xen Nova wrote:
Right Side Up wrote:
Xen Nova wrote:

lakerfan4life

Shaq will win another…Kobe, on the other hand…? Your GM chose poorly.

ohhhhhhhh we shall seen DaveMatthews Avatar man… ooohhh we shall see.

The only mistake that they made was losing Phil Jackson.

And he JUST might be back we shall see we shall see.[/quote]

I know it’s in the news, but I don’t see Phil coming back. He knows what a bitch Kobe can be, he’s been there and done that, and he needs to hook himself up with a nice little pad on the West Side of Manhatten and coach the team that he won his first championship with – the Knicks.

Kobe, by himself, isn’t a winner – as much as he thinks he is.

[quote]doogie wrote:
Gothic77 wrote:

[/quote]

You could also check out Casey’s, it won’t be much of a drive and everyday they have an all you can eat meal. Think about it, bulking and all-you-can-eat ribs for about 6 or 7 bucks. Its not as good as Rudy’s but I still like it. There is also a Rudy’s off 35, just go like you want to tube on the Frio. As a side note, I live in College Station and there is a Rudy’s about 3 blocks away.

The series should be interesting, TD with the Wallaces’. The real battle is in the backcourt, most analysts are giving the Pistons the edge there but Manu and Parker both have the kind of explosive speed off the dribble as Wade. Prince couldn’t keep up so they put Hamilton on him so the question is how Detroit deals with two?

Whoever said that TD is a crybaby clearly doesn’t watch too many games. A player these days could deck someone and then would look perplexed that a foul was called. This is a problem with everyone! On a similiar note, if you want to see great acting, it seems that Manu has learned from the Stockton art of flopping.

In the end I think my beloved Spurs will win in 6 due to the versatility they have on offense.

Here you go Piston’s brethren,

Spurs fans, here’s what you’re facing, in case you were wondering.

http://home.fuse.net/eCat/kingpr2.wmv

GAINER

GINOBILI!!!

[quote]bigflamer wrote:
Good stuff baby!

Gotta give it up to D-Wayde. The man’s got heart.

Watch out Spurs![/quote]