Go Pistons!

Good stuff baby!

Gotta give it up to D-Wayde. The man’s got heart.

Watch out Spurs!

Congrats – the Heat lost to a great team.

Still hurts to see them go down like they did. In such a dog fight, it was tough to see them breakdown in the final minutes while the Pistons (R. Wallace) executed.

Pistons vs. Spurs will be a great final. After watching the Spurs walk all over the once invincible Suns, my instinct is to say the Spurs will take it in 6. But the Pistons are scrappy and can play with just about anyone, considering the wide variety of weapons they have…it’ll be fun to watch.

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/./1/.1118118805450.heat17.jpeg

you knowwww, it was a great series… I hated watching the Heat lose, i love the heat-shaq and D-wade… Udonis Haslem is awesome too…(cant forget eddie Jones, he’s great too!)

Just throwing it out there… Rasheed and the rest of the Pistons complain, cry, and act so damn foolish TOO much! Eventhough I hate both teams in the finals, I hope the Spurs cream the pistons…

Rasheed is really ridiculous. How about in Game 7 when he hacked Wade’s arm from behind on a lazy steal attempt and couldn’t believe he was whistled for a foul…my buddy calls him “incredulous” – he just always looks in shock as to what’s going on around him.

That said, I think the Pistons are a great TEAM . They play so well together and have so many guys that can step up and score 20, but who also have no problem taking a backseat while one of their teammates lights it up.

Interesting note: on Sunday night (the night before game 7), we were taking a walk in our area and saw Rip Hamilton get dropped off near the bars and clubs at about 11 pm. He ended up going into a club. I have no idea what he did in the club or for how long he was there, I just thought it was strange that he was going out the night before a game 7. In truth, though, he looked like he was just trying to relax and enjoy himself (probably after working out and watching film all night), before the big game…lord knows he played well.

GO SPURS GO!

The Pistons have NOTHING on the Spurs. It’s going to be a fun, tight series, but Spurs will win.

I’m ready to see the Spurs take the Pistons.

The Spurs have been the most dominant team in the playoffs, considering the competition. We took down the hottest team EVER since the all star break. I remember seeing statistics that showed teams records that were THAT hot since the break, and they won finals in every year. Fast forward to this year, when we beat Denver, the hottest team in the league, in 5 games. We took out the Number 1 seating Suns out in 5 games.

Honestly, Detroit would probably be an average team in the West. I think a significant factor in the reason they won the champs last year was because LA thought they had it in the bag, I mean they had the friggin dream team of talent, but drama/conflict and overconfidence were their undoing. Detroit just came at them and they got rolled. This is my opinion, and that’s all. I’m not at all impressed with their performance in the Eastern Conf finals. It seems like they barely showed up enough to win the last two games. What kind of “Championship” team has to been shown film of their former glory just to motivate them? I feel like they might be a one trophy wonder. Again, my opinion.

Spurs in 6

Wow, no love for the former bad boys huh. It seems that everyone, everywhere is picking the spurs, which is great because it is gonna be so much sweeter when the pistons beat them.

I expect it to be a great series, the two best defenses in the league, plus a ton of great players in the court including rip, rasheed, big ben, billups, TD, parker, manu, etc. Looking forward to the series start on thurs.

Whoever said that eddie jones is great should really go back and look at his performance in the east finals, he sucked.

And I don’t know why everyone takes detroit so lightly and things that last year was a fluke. Doesn’t it say something when a team can get back to the finals after all they have been through this year. I mean to be down 3-2 in the finals and win game 6 (a blowout) and game 7 on the road when you are down starting the 4th. I mean give these guys some credit. They deserve more respect than they have been getting.

Pistons in 6 and me $10 richer.

Yep… the Pistons have nothing on the Spurs.

Just like they didn’t have anything on Shaq/Wade, or Shaq/Kobe, or Kidd’s Nets, or the Pacers last year, or even Iverson/Webber in the first round.

Being from Detroit, I’m obviously biased, but I love the way Detroit gets picked against in every series… it’s comical. We know they don’t have the AllStars that these teams do. We know they don’t have the big names and flashy moves… it doesn’t matter. They win. That’s all…

Between last year and this year, and every idiot broadcaster picking against them every series, you’d think somebody would have learned… keep picking against them, they like being the underdogs.

Pistons in 6… which sucks, because with the Finals format it won’t be on their home floor this year.

ipjunkie,

What position do you play?

Go Spurs.

Laughable… I’ll have to go back and figure out what their record was against the West this year. But, needless to say, they were easily better than “average”. Besides, the West is about as far down now as the East was for the last couple of years, the two are just about equal now.

Even taking a completely un-biased look at it, and factoring whatever star-power you wanted to, you can’t put too many teams above Detroit. San Antonio, Phoenix, possibly Houston/Dallas (that’s a stretch). They easily outdistance every other team in the West, including Seattle, Sacramento, Denver, Memphis, etc…

“Average,” by definition, barely makes the playoffs. Detroit would have been at least a 4 seed in the West, if not higher (and still probably would have come out of that conference to the Finals).

[quote]MTUCache wrote:
Pistons in 6… which sucks, because with the Finals format it won’t be on their home floor this year.[/quote]

Speaking of that, why do they change the format for the finals and go 2-3-2 instead of 2-2-1-1-1 like they do in the other rounds? Anyone know?

[quote]doogie wrote:
ipjunkie,

[/quote]

I love this. Why does everyone always say “we” when they talk about their favorite team. Unless you play or work for the organization, it doens’t make any sense. Annoying to others, it is.

[quote]doogie wrote:
ipjunkie,

Go Spurs.[/quote]

Missionary, dogggie, wait, oh. different question…

Honestly, most people I know associate themselves in the first person when talking about “their” team.

At least I live in the San Antonio area, go to games, and have run into a couple of the spurs while shopping at Best Buy, so that’s close enough I guess. Anyone that has a problem with it, can come down here and take it up in person. I’ll be wearing my Spurs hat!!

[quote]PharmD Pete wrote:
doogie wrote:
ipjunkie,

I love this. Why does everyone always say “we” when they talk about their favorite team. Unless you play or work for the organization, it doens’t make any sense. Annoying to others, it is.[/quote]

Wah. So cry me a river.

It’s called home team pride, baby!

Go Spurs Go

whatever i’m just glad shaq doesn’t have a chance to win another championship

puts on his gold and purple shoe laces

lakerfan4life

[quote]ipjunkie wrote:
and have run into a couple of the spurs while shopping at Best Buy, so that’s close enough I guess. [/quote]

More than a couple, actually. At least 4 by my count.

[quote]Gothic77 wrote:
PharmD Pete wrote:
doogie wrote:
ipjunkie,

I love this. Why does everyone always say “we” when they talk about their favorite team. Unless you play or work for the organization, it doens’t make any sense. Annoying to others, it is.

Wah. So cry me a river.

It’s called home team pride, baby!

Go Spurs Go
[/quote]

I’m all for team pride, I just think it is funny when people talk like this. I realize it is very common, and as such i chuckle to myself about it quite often.

[quote]Xen Nova wrote:
whatever i’m just glad shaq doesn’t have a chance to win another championship

puts on his gold and purple shoe laces

lakerfan4life[/quote]

Shaq will win another…Kobe, on the other hand…? Your GM chose poorly.

I’m pulling for the pistons for 3 reasons:

1. Tim Duncan is a cry baby and gets calls that nobody else in the league would ever get. And I don’t wanna hear from anyone that it’s because he’s an All-star that or an Olympian this BS, it’s because he’s a crybaby bitch.

2. Manu Ginobili or Tony Parker always tear it up against the Nuggets (my hometown team!) and I would like to see them lose.

3. BIG BEN WALLACE kicks ass!

[quote]ipjunkie wrote:

At least I live in the San Antonio area, go to games, and have run into a couple of the spurs while shopping at Best Buy, so that’s close enough I guess. Anyone that has a problem with it, can come down here and take it up in person. I’ll be wearing my Spurs hat!![/quote]

Well, I’ll be UP there Thursday. Section 118. http://www.nba.com/spurs/tickets/section_118.html

Saw them at Best Buy? Ok. We’ll get you a jersey.