T Nation

Go Phillies!

That is all.

This message has been brought to you from the most frustrated fan base in the country.

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
That is all.

This message has been brought to you from the most frustrated fan base in the country.[/quote]

Hahaha! I was a very happy man yesterday. i might get a chance to see game 5 if it goes that long.

Hallelujah!

After 25 years of futility, I don’t know if I should get my hopes up just to have them crushed. Again.

Holy shit!

First the Red Sox, now the Phillies! There’s hope for us yet…

Are any of the previous posters from Pa.?

I grew up in S. Jersey about an hour SE of Philly. Lived in PA for a few years and likely moving back to those parts in the next year or so.

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
I grew up in S. Jersey about an hour SE of Philly. Lived in PA for a few years and likely moving back to those parts in the next year or so.[/quote]

Hey, that’s cool.

I have cousins in Maine. It’s beautiful there.

I’m really pulling for the Phillies, obviously because they have a good team, but also, as mentioned, the city of Philadelphia hasn’t won a title from the four major sports in 25 years, so it’s due.

Heck, the last guy from Philly to win anything was Rocky, and he’s not even real.

The Phillies need all their batters to fire on all cylinders at the same time, and not bottom third one day, middle third the next day, etc. Should make for an interesting World Series.

If the Sox lose I’ll say go Phillies.

But they are still in it so I need to stand strong with the Sox.

[quote]tmoney1 wrote:
Heck, the last guy from Philly to win anything was Rocky, and he’s not even real.
[/quote]

It was funny during the coverage of the Phillies/Dodgers whenever the Phillies rallied. Every time they would break for commercials they’d play the “Rocky” theme…

AoG-- I’m pulling for the Sox as well in the ALCS just for the ribbing factor of living in Sox country. I’m the only Philly sports guy in the state.

My neighbor is from around Philly, too-- but he’s converted to Sox/Pats, the spineless bastard.

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
tmoney1 wrote:
Heck, the last guy from Philly to win anything was Rocky, and he’s not even real.

It was funny during the coverage of the Phillies/Dodgers whenever the Phillies rallied. Every time they would break for commercials they’d play the “Rocky” theme…

AoG-- I’m pulling for the Sox as well in the ALCS just for the ribbing factor of living in Sox country. I’m the only Philly sports guy in the state.

My neighbor is from around Philly, too-- but he’s converted to Sox/Pats, the spineless bastard.[/quote]

Yeah I noticed that with the Rocky theme as well. Seemed like they were playing it pretty regularly because the Phillies were scoring runs in bunches.

Whoever the Phillies play, I anticipate it being a high-scoring World Series.

Go Phillies. They are due.

We got it on lock.

Tampa bays story is too good to be true. Although, if they DO win the WS (granted they make it there) it will but so awesome watching the Red Sox and Yankees go ballistic having another contender in the AL East!!! Those wallets are gonna open wide up.

+75 Million in pitching for the yanks next year with a battle for CC.

P.S. What happened to Barry Zito?!

Was anyone else annoyed at the bias exhibited by Buck and McCarver. Even the pre and post game crew didn’t hide the fact that it was openly rooting for the Manny’s vs Red Sox. Notice I said Manny’s. That’s the name of the team the Phillies just played, right?

[quote]son of liars wrote:
We got it on lock.

Tampa bays story is too good to be true. Although, if they DO win the WS (granted they make it there) it will but so awesome watching the Red Sox and Yankees go ballistic having another contender in the AL East!!! Those wallets are gonna open wide up.

+75 Million in pitching for the yanks next year with a battle for CC.

P.S. What happened to Barry Zito?![/quote]

Barry Zito has 2 great pitches (Curve and change) and can locate precisely 0 of them. It’s a shame I loved watching him pitch when he was on top of his game. That curveball was devastating.

[quote]itsthenickman wrote:
Was anyone else annoyed at the bias exhibited by Buck and McCarver. Even the pre and post game crew didn’t hide the fact that it was openly rooting for the Manny’s vs Red Sox. Notice I said Manny’s. That’s the name of the team the Phillies just played, right? [/quote]

McCarver and Buck are extremely talented in the fact that in any game they call they pull it off to seem like they are rooting for the opposite team you are.

I think the Orsillo/Reynolds duo was bar far the best announcing duo of the playoffs. Too bad they only did the one ALDS series (Brewers/Phillies I think)

SteelyD,

Good luck: Coming from a New Orleans (S)aints fan. I know a thing or three about frustration! :wink:

Good luck, my man!!

[quote]AssOnGrass wrote:

I think the Orsillo/Reynolds duo was bar far the best announcing duo of the playoffs. Too bad they only did the one ALDS series (Brewers/Phillies I think)[/quote]

Harold Reynolds = King of baseball analysis, and one of the best analysts in sports, regardless of which sport.

It’s official:

GO PHILLIES!!!

OK-- not the Boston/Philly World Series I was looking for, but I’ll take it anyway :slight_smile:

Is Cole Hamels Steve Carlton’s long lost son? (and is it me, or does he look amazingly like a young John Cleese)?