T Nation

Go Jets

Whose with me on this? I hope they kick the shit out of the Patsys!!

I could care less about the game, but I think New England’s going to win this one, 28-20. Sorry.

[quote]print wrote:
Whose with me on this? I hope they kick the shit out of the Patsys!![/quote]

Not I. Brady might be on the sidelines.

My 200$ hopes the Jets don’t win…and I think Farve is the shit…

[quote]SSC wrote:
I could care less about the game, but I think New England’s going to win this one, 28-20. Sorry.[/quote]

Sometimes Favre shines big in a spotlight game, lets hope he has his head on right. Shitty weather is in store so it could easilt be a low scoring game.

[quote]tootles27 wrote:
print wrote:

Not I. Brady might be on the sidelines.[/quote]

Its shitty weather so he won’t be there, just had his hair done.

Favre Needed to retire last year when he had a great season. Hes going to be disappointed when Cassel beats him for the second time.

I’m inclined to root for the Pats based on the fact i have Moss on my fantasy team even though he has been a huge disapointment this year. In all honesty i could care less who wins.

[quote]print wrote:
tootles27 wrote:
print wrote:

Not I. Brady might be on the sidelines.

Its shitty weather so he won’t be there, just had his hair done.
[/quote]

I suspect they are building a tent for his viewing pleasure. hehe.

I am a fan of Brett Favre, I will root for the jets on that alone.

He may be old, but he is still an impact player. In Green Bay they were nutting all over Aaron Rodgers(highly overrated) and look at their record this year compared to last(with Favre)

Cassel seems to be improving, he isn’t great but he isn’t bad. I don’t think he will win a game, but I don’t think he will lose one (if that makes any sense lol)for the Pats.

[quote]joshjuk wrote:

He may be old, but he is still an impact player. In Green Bay they were nutting all over Aaron Rodgers(highly overrated) and look at their record this year compared to last(with Favre)

Cassel seems to be improving, he isn’t great but he isn’t bad. I don’t think he will win a game, but I don’t think he will lose one (if that makes any sense lol)for the Pats.[/quote]

The Pack’s record has a lot more to do with their inability to stop anyone from running all over them than it does their QB. Rodgers has been all they could have hoped for in a first year starter.

I hate the Patriots. I hope the Jets win by 100.

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:
joshjuk wrote:

Cassel seems to be improving, he isn’t great but he isn’t bad. I don’t think he will win a game, but I don’t think he will lose one (if that makes any sense lol)for the Pats.

The Pack’s record has a lot more to do with their inability to stop anyone from running all over them than it does their QB. Rodgers has been all they could have hoped for in a first year starter.

I hate the Patriots. I hope the Jets win by 100.[/quote]

Aaron Rodgers has been ok, of course he will never be Favre. Favre took them far last year, doesn’t look good for them this year.

I just think about the Denver Broncos, if Elway would have wanted to come back after retiring, we would have let him, in a heart beat! It’s just sad after playing for a franchise for that long, the fans and organization would screw you over in the long run.

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:
The Pack’s record has a lot more to do with their inability to stop anyone from running all over them than it does their
[/quote]

Yes and no.

Sure their lack of run defense may have cost them a few games, but on the other hand, they wouldn’t have even been in some of their games if it weren’t for the defense.

Their defense and special teams have scored eight touchdowns this season. Their pass defense is third in the league. They have two players tied for the league lead in interceptions (and one more with one less pick). Nick Collins has five interceptions and has returned three for touchdowns.

Their defense has given them opportunities and many times the offense has failed to capitalize. Aaron Rodgers has been decent – maybe even better than average, but in no way does he make people forget Favre.

P-A-T-S

PATS, PATS, PATS!!!

I really hope the Jest can pull this off, too bad I have class during the game.

[quote]malonetd wrote:
Steel Nation wrote:
The Pack’s record has a lot more to do with their inability to stop anyone from running all over them than it does their

Yes and no.

Sure their lack of run defense may have cost them a few games, but on the other hand, they wouldn’t have even been in some of their games if it weren’t for the defense.

Their defense and special teams have scored eight touchdowns this season. Their pass defense is third in the league. They have two players tied for the league lead in interceptions (and one more with one less pick). Nick Collins has five interceptions and has returned three for touchdowns.

Their defense has given them opportunities and many times the offense has failed to capitalize. Aaron Rodgers has been decent – maybe even better than average, but in no way does he make people forget Favre.[/quote]

I agree with you for the most part. Rodgers has done pretty good for a first year starter. Only time will tell how good he might actually be.

[quote]strungoutboy21 wrote:
malonetd wrote:
Steel Nation wrote:

Yes and no.

Their defense has given them opportunities and many times the offense has failed to capitalize. Aaron Rodgers has been decent – maybe even better than average, but in no way does he make people forget Favre.

I agree with you for the most part. Rodgers has done pretty good for a first year starter. Only time will tell how good he might actually be.
[/quote]

He really hasn’t looked that great in the last few weeks, and that’s coming from a Packers fan. He had a rather dismal performance against a soft Vikings pass defense, but I think a lot of the Pack’s problems are going back to a lack of discpline (#1 in the the league by far with penalties) and bad offensive playcalling.

Itseems like McCarthy just doesn’t have the confidence in Rodgers that he did Favre, which is why the receivers have been having trouble getting into games lately.

Anyway,

//Total threadjack

Here’s to Favre do his typical “Oh shit, blitz! I’ll just throw the ball in the air and hope someone wearing the same color uniform as me catches it.”

What a great game!

God damn another game they outplayed the other team and didn’t come away with the victory.

Ben Watson playing with axle grease before the game didn’t help.

Oh well I guess I can take a silver lining that Mayo is going to be a monster of a linebacker.

Great game though… congrats Jets fans.