T Nation

GO BIG BLUE

YESSSSSSSSSSS

I’m still stunned. I can’t believe the Giants are going to the Super Bowl! This is so sweet; no one gave them a chance.

Eli once again played great and would’ve had better numbers if not for 4-5 drops. Still, no INT’s, no fumbles, no bad throws. Great game. He’s taken the step to the next level.

I couldn’t even watch Tynes kick that last FG. I thought we were doomed to see Jay Feeley Part II (Feeley missed 3 FG in a game at Seattle in 2005 that the Giants eventually lost), but he came through.

Defense played great. Took away the running game and aside from the one big play to Driver, didn’t give up much in the passing game.

Now it’s time for the rematch with New England. G-Men will be huge 'dogs, but that’s the way they like it.

GO GIANTS!!!

If you weren’t in NJ tonight, you missed out.

The chant goes up over the din in a crowded bar with dark wooden walls in New Jersey- Let’s go Giants, boom, boom, boomboomboom, Let’s go Giants boom boom boomboomboom.

People are arm in arm, holding each other up, some have their hands folded in silent prayers.

When the kick is in the air, we hold our collective breath, hoping against hope that our underdogs, the Pride of Bergen County, can pull off the impossible.

She sails through the uprights, true blue, and the place explodes in a roar, people are dancing and stomping and everyone is jumping up and down and the bartenders are wailing and Bon Jovi comes on the jukebox, singing, “RAISE YOUR HANDS!” and we are utterly stunned that our boys have pulled it off.

I said it before the game, that win, lose or draw boyos, we were fucking proud of you. But now we got one more game to go.

Jersey loves you, you amazing motherfuckers. Holy hannah montana, we are going to the Super Bowl.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
When the kick is in the air, we hold our collective breath, hoping against hope that our underdogs, the Pride of Bergen County, can pull off the impossible.

She sails through the uprights, true blue, and the place explodes in a roar, people are dancing and stomping and everyone is jumping up and down and the bartenders are wailing and Bon Jovi comes on the jukebox, singing, “RAISE YOUR HANDS!” and we are utterly stunned that our boys have pulled it off.[/quote]

I’d rather hear about that collective reaction to the two previous FGA.

Whod’ve thought Carl’s predictions for super bowl XL2 would come true?

[quote]Lindercm wrote:
nramaker, I disagree with that score. I think the Giants are going to give the Pats a run for there money.

Linder[/quote]

Let’s hope so. I’ve got to pick the upset if I want to land in the money in my pick 'em league.

I’m a Giants fan for the next two weeks.

[quote]chillain wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:

She sails through the uprights, true blue, and the place explodes in a roar, people are dancing and stomping and everyone is jumping up and down and the bartenders are wailing and Bon Jovi comes on the jukebox, singing, “RAISE YOUR HANDS!” and we are utterly stunned that our boys have pulled it off.

I’d rather hear about that collective reaction to the two previous FGA.

[/quote]

Let’s just say that Tynes would not have been able to come to New Jersey anymore.

He wasn’t happy when he hit that field goal because he won the game, he was happy because he knew that he’s going to be allowed to live another year.

[quote]FlavaDave wrote:
You can see 6 feet long trails of hot breath coming from each player. How do you yanks put up with that shit?[/quote]

Cause we’re tough as nails.

[quote]Djwlfpack wrote:

Defense played great. Took away the running game and aside from the one big play to Driver, didn’t give up much in the passing game.
[/quote]

I’m going to have to go ahead and disagree with you on this part of your post. The Giants D did play well, but they didn’t take away the run game. The Packers never established a run game. Even McCarthy himself said after in his press conference that he wasn’t committed to the run game. Why, I have no idea.

Ryan Grant rushed for over 200 yds. and 3 TDs against Seattle the week before. Why in the *&!% would you not run the ball against the Giants? Especially given how cold it was. I don’t understand. And add to the fact that the Packers D was on the field the entire second half. Wouldn’t you want to waste some time, call some runs to give your defense a chance to rest? Nope, let’s pass!!!

That loss goes squarely on McCarthy’s shoulders. It’s a lot easier to beat a team when they make themselves one dimensional. Morons.

Don’t get me wrong, the Giants played a better all around game than the Pack did and deserved to win. I just don’t understand why McCarthy went away from the run.

Oh well, it was a frustrating, yet entertaining game to watch. Now I won’t feel bad cheering for the Pats to go undefeated.d

[quote]dre wrote:
I’m going to have to go ahead and disagree with you on this part of your post. The Giants D did play well, but they didn’t take away the run game. The Packers never established a run game. Even McCarthy himself said after in his press conference that he wasn’t committed to the run game. Why, I have no idea.

Ryan Grant rushed for over 200 yds. and 3 TDs against Seattle the week before. Why in the *&!% would you not run the ball against the Giants? Especially given how cold it was. I don’t understand. And add to the fact that the Packers D was on the field the entire second half. Wouldn’t you want to waste some time, call some runs to give your defense a chance to rest? Nope, let’s pass!!!

That loss goes squarely on McCarthy’s shoulders. It’s a lot easier to beat a team when they make themselves one dimensional. Morons.

Don’t get me wrong, the Giants played a better all around game than the Pack did and deserved to win. I just don’t understand why McCarthy went away from the run.

Oh well, it was a frustrating, yet entertaining game to watch. Now I won’t feel bad cheering for the Pats to go undefeated.d[/quote]

I think NY did do a good job of stopping GB the few times they actually handed it off. GB finished with only 2.0 YPC.

But GB rushed a whopping 6 times in the 2nd half and OT, and only 14 times overall!

Stunningly, the Giants had 40:01 TOP while GB had only 22:21.

That’s unforgivable playcalling.

I want the Pats to win, of course, but the Giants made me like them again (I gave up on them after Phil Simms retired). They are the most STUBBORN football team I’ve ever seen. Great game yesterday.

If Brady is actually hurt then I think the Giants have a chance. If he is healthy then I think the Pats will win. They are just too stong.

Would you put it past Belechek to fuck with the Giants and have Brady wear a fake cast and be photographed with it? I wouldn’t.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
MAKE JERSEY PROUD TODAY BOYS! KICK PACKER ASS![/quote]

Fuck you and your Blasphemy!!! GIANTS SUCK MY BALLS!!!