Gnome Hybrid Training Log

I will be posting my training here, running and lifting.
Coming from a running background, I am quite small, and weak, which I haven’t minded until I started lifting. Main goal right now is to put on some mass, keep progressing in both running and the weightroom.
Currently running 5/3/1 BBB Beefcake from the r/gainit program party.
Running ~40 miles a week, outdoor track season is starting soon, so I expect that to change.
May post about my nutrition sporadically.

1 Like

7am
10 mile run, 6:54 average.
Felt good, I guess its the new trend for dudes to catcall other dudes, I got yelled at twice and recorded all before 8 in the morning.
11:15am
W4 Strict Press
5x20
5x35
3x35
5x35
5x42.5
5x55
BBB
5x10@35

5x10 upright row@42.5
3x8 lunge@30

Should have mentioned all weights/distance are in pounds and miles, and that I have a home gym with limited weights, so there a large gaps between some weights, looking to find a pair of 5 pound plates which would fix this issue.

Good to have you dude! I’m MythicalStrength over on reddit. That party has been a blast so far.

Ever consider getting a set of ankle weights? I’ve known lots of dudes that would slap them onto a barbell for situations like this.

1 Like

I haven’t but I will look into them for sure, I’m left with 12.5 jumps every so often which can make progression a bit tricky. Thanks for the suggestion.

1 Like

On long run days nutrition philosophy is get in whatever I can stomach(as with most days) but I figure it’s unlikely I’ll even hit a surplus so I try to get a lot down. Got a fat sandwich from one of my favorite delis for lunch and managed about 3/4 of it in me.

1 Like

12pm
6.5 miles @7:50
4 strides after

Did some push-ups; 20 each of close,wide, and normal and 50 sit-ups. Just to get some blood flow on my off day from lifting and an east day of running.

Snow decided to return so it’s back to tights and hoodie weather for the next couple days.

12pm
6.5 @7:44
Core work

W4 Deadlift
5x55
5x65
3x75
5x80
5x92.5
5x110

BBB Deadlift
5x10x80

Superset:
4 sets 25 facepulls@30, 12 body weight dips

Had to rush the end, deadlifts moved well.

11:15am
10.5 miles@6:49

Made a route in my head not knowing the distance and just got in the rhythm and didn’t stop. Ended up going further than I intended but I felt great. Overdressed, never underestimate the sun.

Edit: Wish I could drink coffee more regularly and not have it crush my appetite, but two cups a week makes it so I can leverage it around bigger efforts.

1 Like

Never eat out more than once a week but sibling is leaving town soon for awhile. This sushi is great and easy on my stomach so I’m not complaining.

6am
40 mins bike

Bench Press W5
5x30
5x35
3x42.5
5x42.5
5x55
5x60

BBB BP Superset
5x10x42.5 Bench
5x10x42.5 Upright Row

3x8x15 Lunge

3pm

Assorted Core
5 miles@7:23
SAM Easy 1

First day of track practice. Don’t know what this will mean for me running 5/3/1, as I now have access to a weight room and more specified program. These past months of lifting have been great though, I feel stronger than ever. Afternoon practice makes it harder to get the food in but I made protein oatmeal for after so I’ve got no excuses

What events do you do?

3k/1500 @omats

1 Like

3:30pm
4 mile warmup
3x3 hill sprints

4x4 Cleans@65
4x4 Squats@115

15 multi throws with medicine ball

Definitely different lifting then I’m used to, was fun nonetheless and I trust my coach.

7am
6 mile fartlek@7:22
5x(10s on/50s off, 20s on/40s off)

Ran the hard intervals as fast as my legs could move 4-4:30 pace depending on the rep. First steps towards getting some speed.

1 Like

11:30am
5x
10 pushups
10 lunges
10 dips

Wanted something to do between online classes. Probably will be doing more body weight stuff because lifting is taking a backseat during the season. Still should get 2 days in the weight room a week.

Lifting with the team yesterday was pretty motivating. I just feel weak compared to the other guys on my team and want to change that.

1 Like

Core
1 mile warmup

2x1 mile circuit:
200m at tempo pace ~5:45
10xPushup, Superman, Wide outs, Burpees
200m at tempo
10 reps of varying exercises each lap
Repeated till one mile
5 min rest
Repeat

Hi! New to your log- You commented briefly in mine so I thought I’d say hi :hugs:

holy crap you’re fast…

Welcome!
[/quote]
holy crap you’re fast…
[/quote]

I appreciate the compliment but I quite literally could be the weakest person on this site, so give and take I guess. Just trying to become a more well rounded athlete.

1 Like

1.5 mile warmup
800m tt
400m tt
1 mile cooldown

About where I expected to be with no real speed work in 4-5 months. Hottest day of the year and I threw up the raisins I ate after the 800.

1 Like