GNC Whey In Homemade Gainer

So i’ve been experimenting with making homemade weight gainers with oats, milk, whey, peanut butter and flaxseed oil, and I made a decent one. I normally used ON 100% whey, and I plan to continue using it, but I want to find a cheaper protein to put into my weight gainer.

Ordering online is not an option for me, so whats avaliable at gnc is what I get. Turns out they have cheap whey that has never caught my attention (due to gnc’s shittiness) but im considering using it in my weight gainer. how bad is this necessarily?

Please keep in mind that Im looking for something cost effective, and I still plan to use ON’s whey as a part of my post workout nutrition.

Thanks for your thoughts.

[quote]dyeguy1212 wrote:
So i’ve been experimenting with making homemade weight gainers with oats, milk, whey, peanut butter and flaxseed oil, and I made a decent one. I normally used ON 100% whey, and I plan to continue using it, but I want to find a cheaper protein to put into my weight gainer.

Ordering online is not an option for me, so whats avaliable at gnc is what I get. Turns out they have cheap whey that has never caught my attention (due to gnc’s shittiness) but im considering using it in my weight gainer. how bad is this necessarily?

Please keep in mind that Im looking for something cost effective, and I still plan to use ON’s whey as a part of my post workout nutrition.

Thanks for your thoughts.[/quote]

I’ve heard that ON makes GNC’s protein, but I dont know if its true.

I’ve used it before and it seems to work about as good as anything else.

If you’re really on a budget, get a Sam’s Club membership if you don’t already have one, and get your whey there. $19 for 5 lbs.

[quote]dyeguy1212 wrote:

Thanks for your thoughts.[/quote]

Well if you have no other option then you’ll probably be fine. Also- for PWO whey alone is not good enough. Get some gatorade powder to mix in or just drink some chocolate milk.

I use GNC pro-performance whey protein, and I buy a bunch when its on sale. I pay 30.00, for 87 servings at 20 grams of protein per serving. (its a bit less, I have a gold card).

I didn’t think you could go cheaper then that. But I am getting a sams club membership soon, so I will have to check into their ultra cheap whey.