GNC sucks!

The Crossroads store in Omaha is a franchise store, as is my store in Grand Island. They’re both owned by the same people. As the Biotest line is doing well in both locations, you can expect to see them pop up in more stores…I’m certain that Lincoln is now carrying the line (56th and Cornhusker as well as the one on 27th and Superior). I can’t tell you the amount of joy I received getting that first shipment in…we even got free t-shirts, copies of Testosterone and the other day we received the new Biotest poster. I realize that many of you have had bad experiences with GNC, and I will wholeheartedly agree that at a lot of stores there are some “less informed” employees to put it politely…just try to remember we’re not all bad. If any of you all are ever in GI feel free to stop in and say hey…it would be awesome to meet some fellow T-brothers and sisters.

Screel- My store is just north of castleton mall on east 86th st. (5945 e 86th st). Allisonville Rd north to East 86th turn right 2nd stop light turn right(max and ermas) turn left into strip mall. Look forward to seeing you. Well glad the GNC’s in Nebraska were allowed to get in the 20th century by getting some biotest stuff in, dont let the sucky GNC corp bring you down.

Your GNC might suck, but I just got three bottles of MD6 for sixty buck!! Bwahahahahaha, suckers. The really cool thing is the manager and I are tight and he gives me internet prices only four blocks away from home. Life is great sometimes.

I work at 2 different locations right now. I’m usually at the FLW & 101 location a few afternoons/nights a week and currently help out at the Shea & 101 store once in a while. My name is Scott so if you come in you’ll know if its me or not. I’ve been at GNC for 8 months and I’ve only had about 5 customers ask me about Biotest. Never had a T-magger come in yet.

Yep, I used to work at one, all they teach employees is what they can get the most commission on. Every month they have a product that you get double commission on, and making under minimum wage, commission is how you survive. I refused to tell a customer that Xenadrine was the best diet pill knowing that the previous month I had suggested Hydroxycut. It really pissed off my district manager that i recommended MAG-10 to a customer. But, I didn’t really care , since my first day I actually witnessed him recommend creatine to someone looking for the best way to lose weight and not muscle. Didn’t even think about suggesting a good diet above all else. I’ll give you three guesses what product was the GNC double-commission product of the month, and 2 guesses don’t count.

Good point Barbender! Thats why GNC has such a bad rep. The very few GNC’s that have knowledgeable employees AND good products are few and inbetween(maybe just the Omaha stores). As far as 3 MD-6 for $60.00, that still doenst prove that GNC doesnt suck. You happen to be in with the Mgr. I bet everybody else doesn’t get that price.

Bartender is right. I hate when my manager is trying to to push certain product because I’ll make an extra 75 cents or whatever. I never do this though. If someone comes in and grabs a Xenadrine and then goes to the register then I’ll ring it up and I make an extra $1. If they ask questions I’ll educate them as much as they let me. Most people are resistant though. Commission items are spread out so much that it’s not really important to push product unless you want to make an extra few dollars a day while fooling the customer. By the way, at my store I make $7/hour flat rate and with commission it’s usually $9 or $10/hr. I think that’s pretty good pay for a job that I can have no stress, do little labor, and be able to cook/reheat my meals every 2 hours. On top of that, I can get to educate a select few about healthy eating, training, and supplementation.

Don’t forget little ol’ Grand Island either, Supplement Pimp.

Monty- Im not from Nebraska, but I guess I’ll include Grand Island in getting props for good GNC’s haaaa. Just dont get into the trap of selling Xenadrine or Hydroxycut for an extra .50 there. Thats why GNC’s get a bad rap.

Well we don’t get commission for those anyway so you don’t have to worry about that. Franchise stores as a whole are COMPLETELY different than the corporate stores. Mainly most of ours come from gold cards. And don’t be so quick to give Nebraska too much credit…believe me there are some stores here (will keep them anonymous) that are not worthy…they live up to some of the horror stories people are telling here on the forum. Peace!

This may be off-topic, but I can’t get any Biotest products at the GNCs around here. I tried to see if they were going to sell myostat, and they showed me some off brand CSP-3. What the!!!

screel, i work for the supplement pimp at the nutrisport indy store. i’ll be in saturday. stop by if you get the chance. we definitely have a great selection, and a few intelligent people working there.

Thanks guys,I was making my own “Surge”,but I may look into that,good price,plus the store I mentioned says they’ll match ANY price

GNC is only a place to go into in order to read the labels and educate yourself on products. It is only the uneducated who would actually buy a product there (or those who get a discount, or who do not have to worry about money, or for convenience sake). While I support the selling of products that benefit the health and well-being of the public at large, I cannot condone the fleecing of customers that is what GNC is all about. If you work there, don’t use the “I’m just making money” excuse…the world is your oyster, go find a better thing to do with your time.

You are probably right, but no one else probably asks either. All I did was go in and talk about how I was going to start ordering off the internet and he said they would match any price. Muscle Milk at GNC 39.99, on the internet 20 bucks(give a little s/h). When they said they would match that price I was sold. I just wish the would sell more Biotest. I keep trying to push 'em, but no luck.

The Crossroads GNC in Omaha sells at retail, but they said if I brought in a printout of an internet price (including the Biotest buy 2 get 1), they could most likely match the price. Plus they would add the cost of shipping too, which wouldn’t be a big deal. Especially, since some of them are free shipping too.

That was not me.

Saxman: Thanks for the info. I’ll print out some adverts next time I’m in Omaha.

Monty Ritchie: I go by GI every once in a while, so I might just stop by. Might be a while though.

To all the other GNC prosti… uh, I mean salesmen: The short term gain from one sale is nothing compared to a customer who trusts you. Too many companies have died because of crappy info just to make a buck. Just tell you boss that that lost buck today could mean a loyal customer spending a few grand over the next couple of years.

I have seriously been thinking about getting a group of t-men together in my area, and buying together to get the three for two, and free shipping deals. Then split the price and the product.

James- yes sometimes you have to ask, but If I owned that store I would fire the guy for giving somebody internet prices. I’m not bagging you for getting that price, I think you got a good deal. Thats the inherent problem with GNC’s, their retail pricing is so out of whack. I could not in good faith sell a product like muscle milk for that much. If your store has good prices then don’t be going up and down with them. Many stores have 2 sets of pricing one for the person who asks and one for the sucker. In my opinion, thats wrong everybody should get a fair price(not sky high). Any retailer that thinks he/she can compete with the internet is crazy. You have to offer better service, good prices, knowledgeable staff and conveinece to get and keep customers.

I agree and they are a ripoff…