GNC - Show of Strength Report

Hi All,

I live in New Orleans and decided to take yesterday off with a friend to go and checkout the GNC Show of Strength. What follows is the report…

I arrived at the New Orleans Convention Center at 10am and bought my ticket for $10 and began to check out the expo floor.

I decided to work the rows of the show consecutively to see who was pushing what supplements and make sure I didn’t miss any booths (or the freebies they were giving away).

There were several interesting supplements I got to try including:

Crystalized Protien - This stuff comes in a Crystal form and tastes like cherry pop-rocks. I’m not sure if this will be any good or not, but I thought it tasted decent.

Effervescent Vitamins - These are supposed to be absorbed at a rate of 80% vs. normal pill vitamins that they claim are only absorbed at a rate of 20%. I don’t know if I believe this or not, they also had a very limited number of vitamins in the formula. They included - Vitamin C, Thiamine, Riboflavin, Niacinamide, Pantothenic Acid, Pyrodoxine, Cyanocobalamin, Biotin, Calcium, Folic Acid.

Creatine Gel - You are supposed to take this stuff right before you go and work out for an energy boost and a more intense workout (again, I don’t know if I really believe this)

A Non-Ando Androgenic Suspension - This stuff “they claim” is better than any Andro product. Here is what is in it : Cissus Quadranfularis, Cyanotis Vaga Extract, Kre-Alkalyn (This is their own stuff), Mucuna Pruriens Extract, Mumie Extract (Shilajit), Taurine, Trans-Ferulic Acid, Vandium Citrate, Niacinamide, Vitamin B-12, Zinc.

There were also some companies there I had never heard of:

Xenoplex and Scitech (Scitech looked big)

I was unhappy to see that BioTest wasn’t there at all! Pinnacle was there however, they actually seemed to be friendly and knowledgeable about both their own products and BioTest products!

That’s it for my report, if anyone wants any other details, etc. post.

and what about the “show of strength”?

The Show of Strength - In Reply to Machine
It was interesting to see the MetRx - powerlifting, they had the lightweights going while I was there, they were doing squats between 240 and 350 at the time. These were very small guys mind you (they weighed around 140lbs and were in the 5’2" range). It was interesting but a bit to slow paced for me.

There was also the Women’s Fitness finals - lots of nice looking and very fit women posing in the 2 part swimsuit competition (there were two chicks that looked (as Austin Powers would say) like a man-man baby. Still entertaining though.

The Strongman competition was what I was waiting for, however I didn’t get to see it! It was supposed to be on the expo. stage, but I certainly didn’t see it going on up there.

The Expo floor had 1 to 2 guys in each of the supplement company booths that were jacked to the max - these were guys with 24"+ biceps, etc.

I also saw Brock Lesner of WWE fame, he was at one of the booths- He was in pretty good shape, but there were some booth guys that looked like they could take him.

The only other point of interests were the hot booth babes (although only about 30% of them could actually talk to their product) and some of the “Show-Hos” as I like to call them, couldn’t speak english!

Finally There were a couple of knowledgeable guys that were very friendly, informative, informed - In particular there was a guy at the Pinnacle booth that knew his stuff and new BioTest’s stuff to…

That’s all I stuck around for, the next segment of good “shows of strength” was around 3 hours from when I was there and I didn’t want to stick around waiting that long.